Heresy

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Cutter, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Cutter New Member

Great illustration, NP.

2. charles_creech78 New Member

(Amen Brother Bob)You better stop Brother Bob. He is going to put you on ignore:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

3. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Word of God says to "Contend for the Faith," and to do it earnestly.
    The only way to do that is fight fire with fire. That means using the Word of God and not ignoring people. If you ignore heresy then heresy spreads going unrefuted. If it is refuted Scripturally the only answer a cornered person usually comes back with is the lame: "Well that's your opinion; that's your interpretation." They say that because their interpretation/opinion is different and they have no Scripture to back it up. Heresy needs to be exposed not ignored.

4. Brother Bob New Member

Jesus, part of the Godhead

Several Baptist and Presbyterian preachers and theologians have similarly taught that Michael and Jesus are the same being, including evangelist Charles Spurgeon commentator John Gill and commentator Matthew Henry who wrote of it within the footnotes of the . Jesus as Michael is also a standard part of the beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church These persons and groups consider the term archangel as indicating Jesus' position as chief of the angels, and not an angel himself, maintaining a Trinity.

I thought Spurgeon and Gill were some of your guys Npet?

5. mmetts New Member

According to certain theological discourses found on page 3 of this thread, KS and ME were found to be only initials for certain states.

Thank you.

Further, the USA has been found in the Bible also. I found it last night while reading the Old Testament. I came across JerUSAlem and it was right there!!!

:thumbs:

EDIT: It was page 2, not 3.

6. Brother Bob New Member

I finally get to "amen" you DHK; :)

7. npetreley New Member

I haven't read Gill or Henry, but can you quote Spurgeon identifying Jesus as Michael? I've never heard that he did such a thing.

8. npetreley New Member

I think the best way to contend for the faith eanestly would be to ban the ME folks from Baptist Board. But BB obviously isn't going to do that. I've contended enough with debate. I don't think they're worth any more of my time and effort. If you want to do battle with them, be my guest.

9. EdSutton New Member

I agree!

Ed

10. EdSutton New Member

130 posts telling someone one how we can "ignore"?

Doesn't sound much like 'ignoring', to me.

Ed

11. EdSutton New Member

No doubt, a cross between a horse and a camel.

:rolleyes:

Ed

12. EdSutton New Member

Now that one, I like!

Ed

13. npetreley New Member

If you guys spent half as much energy fighting the heresy of ME doctrine as you do whining about those of us who chose to ignore the ME folks, maybe you'd accomplish something worthwhile.

14. Rufus_1611 New Member

Uh oh. I see an ignore list for those who are opposed to ignore lists coming on.:eek:

15. Brother Bob New Member

How ??????????????????????????

16. EdSutton New Member

Now this is a case of "guilt by association" if I ever saw it. I know Lewis Schoettle, personally, and he is also an alumnus of the same school I graduated from, Florida Bible College. He is in the business and ministry of printing 'Christian books'. He is not in the business of "overanalyzing" theology, per se, so probably does not check to see if every book he prints agrees in every detail in every area of doctrine, with his own views.

And I, as also did Mr. Schoettle, have the late Dr. Mark G. Cambron as a teacher whom we both knew personally, as well. I can assure you that Dr. Cambron did not teach the so-called ME doctrine, since he is no longer alive and able to defend himself.

That being said, I am not commenting on whether or not I believe ME to be Biblically correct or not, for that is not the purpose of this post, and I don't want to sidetrack it.

But it is somewhat telling, about our tendency to judge another man's servant. And his or her motives.

I cannot comment on what all the others mentioned here believe or believed, for many of them I do not know, nor have even heard of. I'm a farmer and cab driver, not a theologian, by trade.

Ed

17. ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I clicked the thread out of curiosity how a thread could have over 100 posts...

Rabbit trail is the operative word here.

18. Hope of Glory New Member

You have to remember that Govett was shunned in his day for predicting TV. He took the section in Revelation that talked about "the whole world will see it", and proclaimed that one day, the people on Earth will be able to see things going on all over the globe. He was called a heretic, because only God, through a miracle can cause that. (Of course, everyone assumes that God can't be behind man-made inventions.)

19. EdSutton New Member

I probably should put you on 'ignore', but I am just to lazy to even bother. :sleeping_2:

'Sides, then I couldn't correct your posts. :laugh: :laugh:

Ed

20. Hope of Glory New Member

Rufus, in case you've missed it, there are two individuals whose entire tactic is lying, saying you've said something you've not said, then shouting "HERETIC!", while pounding the virtual podium with their fists.

I stand by the contention that if your position is just, you have no need to lie to "win".

So, either their position is not just, or they're are completely dishonest.

You can decide which it is.