1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How can we be truly saved?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by longhino, May 4, 2012.

1. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

What you say here is utter and complete nonsense.

Timothy was told to study, and the importance of the Word of God and reading of it is a given throughout the Scriptures in many many passages.

Frankly your teaching here is complete error. It's an attempt to sound 'super spiritual' while denying fundamental truths of the Word, specifically our need for the Word in it's written form, as in meditating upon it, Psalm 1; studying it, 2 Timothy 2:15; searching the Word, Acts 17:11, and also there is the need for it being preached/heard as per 2 Timothy 4:1-4.

There is much more in the Word which refutes your position.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I have given my testimony many times on this board. The problem with SBG is that he believes that faith is a work (which it is not). The Bible clearly says that we are saved by grace through faith. If faith is a work, then he is the one saved through works, though he keeps accusing others of works salvation. That is the reason we keep asking him for his salvation testimony, which he refuses to give.

I was in the Catholic Church for 20 years, and in those 20 years never heard the gospel presented once. One day on the campus of a near-by university someone did share the gospel with me and I trusted Christ as my Savior. I know for sure if I were to die today that I would go straight to heaven. My assurance is based on the promises of the Word of God. Christ does not lie. Throughout my lifetime my relationship with him has grown closer, nearer. It is a relationship, not a religion. How can I ever deny the power of God working in and through my life over these many years? I have never heard God in an audible voice, but he has spoken to me many times as I have read his word, as I have spent time with him in prayer, and even as I meditate or think about him throughout the day.

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

No real reply needed here, I just wanted to make sure everyone else REALLY understood what you are advocating...

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Woah!! What a dangerous thinking!!!

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There things were written so that you may believe in the name of the Son of God, jesus, and KNOW that you have eternal life in His name!

6. longhino

longhino New Member

Is it a complete nonsense to you to face and talk to God in the reality of His own existence and hear God literally responds to us in His own ways today? If so, what then is God to you, how do you face God?

Is this not enough for you to know that the Lord Jesus said then that in the scriptures people think they have life in it? The word "think" connotes the negative simply because eternal life is in Jesus and we can have it from Him by coming to Him, that is what JOhn 5:39-40 all about. Why don't you come to Jesus today?

Listen to God in the reality of His existence and you will not surely go astray of the gate of the kingdom of God. Learn to realize that what we have in the bible are just testimonies to the reality of Jesus Christ the Lord God and it is a must for all of us to come and call on in HIm today if we want to be truly get saved.

My position is only one, to come and call on to the Lord Jesus today and wait for Him to respond to us so that we can hear Him audibly through His own ways and get the truth and our salvation and eternal life from Him. Is there any other reliable way other than this that you can cite? You can forget all others that I'm saying except this one.

7. longhino

longhino New Member

You seem to evade the question, why? I agree that eternal life and salvation is in Jesus and that Jesus is the One who saves and I know Jesus is the One who gave me my salvation because I heard Him say that to me, how about you?

8. longhino

longhino New Member

I am only testifying to Jesus so that you may know Jesus still talks today to people who come and call on to Him in the reality of His own way of living. So, coming and calling on to Jesus in that way is my only advocate in this site, no church membership, tithes solicitation, love offering collection and the likes, nothing of those sorts, but just to tell you this essential need of our souls.

9. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I have noticed that you say this more than once, what exactly do you mean by “…in reality of His own way of living”?

10. longhino

longhino New Member

It means by how Jesus really live and exist on His own way of living and not by how bible readers understand Jesus in the bible. Turn and confront Jesus by how He really lives and exists, and we cannot find that in the bible but only from Jesus Himself in His own way of living.

11. Moriah

Moriah New Member

As I have been telling you that Jesus spoke to me in an audible voice, he gave me the Holy Spirit, and opened the eyes of my heart.

Now, explain to me how you think Jesus really lives and exists.

12. longhino

longhino New Member

Just wondering why do you have to ask me that when you do say that Jesus speaks to you in audible voice, why can't you ask Jesus for that? When, how, and where did Jesus first spoke to you in audible voice?

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You explain how you think Jesus really lives and exists.

I want to hear your beliefs explained.

Explain it.

14. longhino

longhino New Member

What for when I did already explain it. It is just like when you are talking to your father, you ask question to your father and your father responds to you in return, it's just like that and the only difference here is that you do not see God Jesus when He speaks to you but in the case of your father, you clearly see him infront or face to face with you.