1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured How much more influence do you think Luther has been than Jesus?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Alan Gross, May 21, 2020.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    has Not God used the teachings of a calvin, luther, spurgeon, moody etc, so its really Jesus in ultimate sense!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aren't all Christian authors really included under Jesus influence anyways?

3. Alan Gross

Alan Gross Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, any second is The Return of Jesus, The Resurrection of the dead, The Judgement, The New Heavens and The New Earth Created, and The Consummation of the Age.

I do not know of any Bible evidence that any second could NOT be The Return of Jesus, The Resurrection of the dead, The Judgement, The New Heavens and The New Earth Created, and The Consummation of the Age, and I don't believe any evidence exists. .

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You would still see it as still future, correct?

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And all fail at some point because all are human. We do not know perfectly in this lifetime but see through a glass dimly.

6. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it's still in The Bible.

Spirit Baptism,

"The One World Church" of all believers.

No Authority in Baptism.

ecummenial, Hiaracy, "Home Office,"

PreMillennialism

PostMillennialism

any Millennialism,

Changing 'salvation' to a Covenant of Circumcision, or Baptism,

Anything Catholic, from A to Z,

A 'Command from God to REFORM The Devil's 'Church',

and on and on and on.

Having a 'church leader of head of a church' other than Jesus,

NONE of THOSE THINGS are IN THE BIBLE.

Miraculous Gifts,

Pray to be 'saved',

Repeat after me, to be saved,

Saying everyone who dies 'went to better place',

On and on and on............

Why not follow Jesus Christ?

That would have to be Prayed.

"God if you have 'churches', or started one that still exists and it is of Divine Origin, with the Authority from God to Baptise me into one of your churches, could you show me that?"

People pray that.

And if it is a real prayer, God Answers it.

7. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying that you believe "Starting Christianity with Luther" is "completely and totally stupid"?

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So second coming yet to happen?

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think it started with Jesus!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and comparing Luther to Jesus is stupid.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist

The End of The World is in the future, Yeshua1.

Yes, any second is The Return of Jesus, The Resurrection of the dead, The Judgement, The New Heavens, and The New Earth Created, and The Consummation of the Age.

Jesus' Return is The End.

No one will have an opportunity to be saved, after His Return, which could be any second.

That is what The Bible Teaches, from Genesis to Revelation.

I would like to hear preachers prech it.

12. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you are talking about The Divine Interpretation of Matthew 24, do you know the Itemized Index Hermeneutic maker, in verse 3?

13. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cool. You, sir, are Worshipping God.

14. Alan Gross

Faith:
    Baptist
    True that.

Genesis 3:15
    "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel"

and further back:

1 Peter 1:19,20 …."but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot.

"Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,"

with Saving Efficacy:

The Beast from the Sea
    …7 "Then the beast was permitted to wage war against the saints and to conquer them, and it was given authority over every tribe and people and tongue and nation.

8 "All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

9 "He who has an ear, let him hear:…"

Planned:

Acts 2:23
    "He was delivered up by God's set plan and foreknowledge, and you, by the hands of the lawless, put Him to death by nailing Him to the cross."

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The new Covenant did not start until Calvary!

16. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

? Saving Faith ?

and in fashion having been found as a man, he humbled himself, having become obedient unto death -- death even of a cross, Phil 2:8 YLT

through being a Son, did learn by the things which he suffered -- the obedience, Heb 5:8

Who in the days of his flesh, having offered up both supplications and entreaties to him who was able to save him out of death, with strong crying and tears; (and having been heard because of his piety; Heb 5:7 DBY

Was, having become obedient, the obedience of faith, of Jesus the Son of God, toward the Father to save him out of death?

Is it not through that same, obedience of faith, through which we received the Spirit? Being saved out of death? Consider:
    John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away [in death]: for if I go not away [in death], the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart [in death], I will send him unto you.
    Gal 3:14 YLT that to the nations the blessing of Abraham may come in Christ Jesus, that the promise of the Spirit we may receive through the faith. --- Jesus going away in death and the Father raising him out of the dead.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
    1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.

Did, because of the preeminence, Jesus the firstborn out of the dead ones, inherit the grace of Life, eternal? Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. In John 16:7-11 He was speaking of His ascension.

18. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We finely get to use the following verse in proper context. Prophecy and fulfillment.

From Col 1:18 YLT that he might become in all things -- himself -- first,

Psalms 68:18 Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led captivity captive: thou hast received gifts for men; yea, for the rebellious also, that the LORD God might dwell among them.
    Why?
    wherefore, he saith, 'Having gone up on high he led captive captivity, and gave gifts to men,' -- and that, he went up, what is it except that he also went down first to the lower parts of the earth? he who went down is the same also who went up far above all the heavens, that He may fill all things -- Eph 4:8-10
    Why?
    and in fashion having been found as a man, he humbled himself, having become obedient unto death -- death even of a cross, wherefore, also, God did highly exalt him, and gave to him a name that is above every name, Phil 2:8,9

Acts 2:32,33 YLT 'This Jesus did God raise up,[out of the dead ones] of which we are all witnesses; at the right hand then of God having been exalted -- also the promise of the Holy Spirit having received from the Father [received gifts for men] -- he was shedding forth this,[Gave gifts to men] which now ye see and hear;

From Col 1:18 YLT that he might become in all things -- himself -- first,
    BTW Titus 3:5,6 says the same thing as Acts 2:32,33

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which is about His resurrection, Romans 1:4, Romans 8:29, Colossians 1:18 - He being the beginning of the New Heaven and Earth to come, Revelation 3:14 - Romans 8:23 - Revelation 21:1 - 1 Corinthians 15:28.

20. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why compare a lying anti-semite with THE TRUTH?

[Gen 12:3 KJV] 3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Martin Luther: "Of Jews and their lies."

"I had made up my mind to write no more either about the Jews or against them. But since I learned that those miserable and accursed people do not cease to lure to themselves even us, that is, the Christians, I have published this little book, so that I might be found among those who opposed such poisonous activities of the Jews and who warned the Christians to be on their guard against them. I would not have believed that a Christian could be duped by the Jews into taking their exile and wretchedness upon himself. However, the devil is the god of the world, and wherever God's word is absent he has an easy task, not only with the weak but also with the strong. May God help us. Amen."

“First, that their synagogues be burned down…”
    “Second, that all their books their prayer books, their Talmudic writings, also the entire Bible, be taken from them…”
    “Third, that they be forbidden on pain of death…”
    “Fourth, that they be forbidden to utter the name of God within our hearing.”

http://scholarship.rollins.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1019&context=mls
    Rollins College Rollins Scholarship Online Master of Liberal Studies Theses 2012 Luther and Hitler: A Linear Connection between Martin Luther and Adolf Hitler ’s Anti-Semitism with a Nationalistic Foundation Daphne M. Olsen Rollins College, [email protected]

#60 Wesley Briggman, Jun 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020