How to defeat the EIREITAD heresy!

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Lacy Evans, Aug 8, 2007.

1. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You take that Scripture out of context and totally ingnore verse 11
    But such were some of you
    Those were the sins of the unsaved. And those sins are covered by the blood. And if they are committed again in the future they are still covered by the blood. The difference is: in the past they were a way of life. In the future a believer may lapse into sin because he is not perfect. Again and again I see you people (including Bob) take this Scripture out of context. Jesus doesn't have the same list. Why not? There are other lists in the Bible. Are any of them comprehensive? What list contains the sin of pedophilia? Which sin in our society carries the greater penalty: pedophilia or adultery? Why isn't pedophilia mentioned?

2. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

All sins are condemned by God: a little white lie just as much as adultery; for sin is a transgression against the law (1John 3:4)

3. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

#1. Did Paul ever say he would be disqualified by committing a specific sin?
    #2. Did Paul ever say he would be disqualified from entering the Kingdom?
    #3. Did Paul ever say he would be disqualified from entering into heaven?
    #4. What did Paul say he would be disqualified from? And what did that pertain to?

Instead of confining yourself to those wicked sins of 1Cor.6 (which don't even apply to the believer), why not look elsewhere and see what Jesus condemns:

Matthew 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, for ye pay tithes of mint and anise and cummin, and ye have left aside the weightier matters of the law, judgment and mercy and faith: these ye ought to have done and not have left those aside.

Much of the Gospel of Matthew speaks of the Kingdom for it is directed to a Jewish audience and presents Christ as the Messiah, the King of the Jews. His condemnation of them is that they omitted justice, mercy and faith--things that in the sight of Christ were far worse than the sin of adultery which he freely forgave (the adulterous woman), and gave her a gentle rebuke to go and do it no more.
    But your condemnation is based on the law. You judge people yourself, instead of leaving judgement up to God. You have already consigned people either to Hell or to 1000 years of Hell according to your own system of works. Commit adltery and be condemned you say.
    But Christ put far greater importance on justice mercy and faith. He said if a person didn't have these he was cursed!! "Woe unto them..."

4. Lacy Evans New Member

5. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

6. Lacy Evans New Member

7. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

8. Lacy Evans New Member

9. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

10. Lacy Evans New Member

11. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

12. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

13. James_Newman New Member

What were the rest of them?
    Galatians 5:21
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

14. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

James there is only person in our church that I know of that could be considered a drunkard in his life before he was saved, and there is not anyone that was a murderer. I doubt if anyone would fit the category of an "extortioner." Such were some of you. Not every one in the church had sordid backgrounds in their unsaved lifetimes. Some, from their childhood, were raised in Christian homes, as is today. Thus the phrase "such were some of you. Not all had sordid backgrounds. I think that is obvious.
    Drunkeness, revelings, (pedophilia)...
    Sorry James, that just doesn't fit the context of sins related to brawling and drunkeness. Those are not sexual sins.

15. James_Newman New Member

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
    9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
    11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

What about covetous?

Romans 7:7
    7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

If someone can't find a sin on that list that applies to them, what were they saved from?

16. Lacy Evans New Member

17. James_Newman New Member

Sorry, here is more context for you.
    Galatians 5:19-21
    19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
    20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
    21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

18. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Answer the question: Why did Jesus die?
    He came to save us from our sins, in particular to pay the penalty for our sins. That penalty was paid with price of his own blood. All my sins: past present and future were paid for with the precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ. That is what the atonement is all about. Christ came to pay a penalty that I could never pay. I can't pay the penalty for my sin: not in a Catholic purgatory or a Baptiat one.

Jesus paid it all;
    all to him I owe.
    Sin had left a crimson stain.
    He washed it white as snow.

He has paid the penalty that I will never have to pay. All sin is the same.

James 2:10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

There is no difference between the sin of coveting, lying, murder, and adultery.
    They are all a transgression of God's law (1John 3:4), and they all draw the same condemnation, although the consequences on this earth may be different.

19. James_Newman New Member

You answered your own question. Now answer the one I asked days ago that no one cares to touch. Why did Davids child die even though his sins were forgiven?

20. DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Read my post again. And read your question again.
    Here is your question: What were they saved from?
    My concise answer (with extended explanation) was simply this:
    They were saved from the penalty of sin!