How to Spot a Demonic Presence

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Miss E, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have presented the Traditional Baptist view, and supported it with references to scripture. Your view lacks significant support from scripture.

2. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    People who demean others within the body of Christ are factious, and hinder unity. Although "my way or the highway" folks seem to lack humility, they project their fault upon others. The good news is scripture teaches some of these "come to their senses."

3. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say so. I did not.

4. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I think most Baptists would be appalled by some of the things you've presented.

5. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not accept that scripture teaches supernatural activity occurs during end times. After all, that is what I said.

6. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep,
    1) The bible alone is our final authority for faith and practice. Additions by way of speculation are unsound.
    2) God puts His chosen ones into Christ, no one puts himself into Christ.
    3) Christ died for all mankind, and thus salvation for all who believe is the good news.
    4) Humanity has three enemies, Satan, the World, and Fleshly desire.
    5) Test what people claim with scripture, keep the good and throw out the bad.
    6) Cessessionalism.
    7) For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

7. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hmmm. You left out the part about demon activity ceasing. This is your view. Don't blame Baptists.

And they would be appalled at the clumsy way you argue cessation (they don't use the term cessessionalism--you made that up). Van, if I were you, i'd stop arguing and start listening.

8. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gee that would be good news. One thing for sure, if my view is correct, wasting time on the effort to sidetrack ministry, would be less than helpful. Even perhaps demonic. :)

9. Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are arguing against scripture and church history if your position is demonic activity ended with the creation of the canon of scripture. If I mischaracterized your position please let me know. Otherwise, you are adding to the scriptures, something as bad as cutting out parts and burning them.

Cessationism would be an addition if not for overwhelming evidence in church history to support it.

10. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did I say or suggest demonic activity had ceased! Did I. Did I. I am tired of falsehoods, misrepresentations and efforts to hinder Christ. I try not to add to scripture, but you see fit to add to my biblically based words, with unbiblical additions. Why.

Cessationism is not an addition to scripture. The foundation has been laid, so authenticating miracles are no longer needed. Now we have teachers and evangelists. We are not to look for sign and wonder miracles. Matthew 12:39

11. Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I mischaracterized your position, again, please explain how I got it wrong.

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just bring out to her what scriptures say about those things!

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is smart. as He will bring those things in under guise of harmless entertainment!

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    satan is alive and well today on planet earth, as he wants us to either ignore him, or to get where we see demons everywhere!

15. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Traditional baptist viewpoint is that demons and demonic theology is still out there, but repackaged under different labels, from astrology, seances, Ghosts, to word of faith inside the church!

16. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Van You.... are going to either run into a demonized person one day and be unprepared to repel it... or... become influenced by demons (unless you are already so), and do more to hinder the Gospel, which is our utlimate mission to the nations to give out.... (maybe either one or both of those things must happen before you realize the Truth, IDK, only God knows)

This is like pulling teeth, the more we pull and try to convince you of TRUE demonic activity in TODAY'S TIME, the more noise you make.

17. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If? If? You misrepresented my view on purpose. Did you explain why you changed the end of the need to authenticate the NT providers, with the claim demonic activity ceased? Nope. Did you provide a quote? Nope. Sir you are not helping to present truth.

18. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did anyone say Satan is not alive and well? Nope.
    Did anyone say Satan does not want to deceive us? Nope
    Did anyone say Satan wants us to focus of demons rather than Christ? Go figure

19. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Y1 makes up stuff and posts it, but almost never presents Traditional Baptist viewpoints.

20. Miss E Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, But you believe all that, so how can you not believe Satan uses his demons to tempt, deceive, manipulate and control non-believers and believers alike now?