1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hyles Anderson College

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Preacher Boy88, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Timtoolman,

Have you ever heard of paragraphs?

2. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Paul you got anything to say that deals with the subject?

3. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Tim,

Can you write a coherent sentence or two and put them in a paragraph?

You graduated from Hyles-Anderson, right?

4. loving2daysyouth

loving2daysyouth New Member

When I refer to growth, I'm not talking numbers. A good part of our church are those who left FBC looking for somewhere that is balanced.
    I get tired of folks bashing in ignorance/jealousy, and yes, I will call it that.
    Dr. Schaap will change things there. Archive this post and mark my words. Things will not be the same as they were. (Just look at the painting of Hyles & wife on the side of the building, wait a minute, it's not there anymore!) He is a great man of God who is doing the best with what God has entrusted him with!

Why do we choose to rip apart men who may/may not agree with us? Does this give us an upper hand in a debate? I don't get it.

5. Preacher Boy88

Preacher Boy88 New Member

No other college has had the number of pastoral and ministerial successes like HAC. FBCH is awesome! Name me another church that states a goal to distribute 1000 Missionaries across the globe or to try to baptize 25,000 a year.

6. loving2daysyouth

loving2daysyouth New Member

Remember, there is some "number fudging" that goes on there also. I've caught it many times, but yes, they do have an outstanding ministry.

7. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

8. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Tim,

Yes, I would.

If you want to be taken seriously, learn how to write. You claim to have graduated from Hyles-Anderson. You're not representing your school well.

So when someone corrects you or rebukes you for writing poorly, your only response is "Take a hike." Is this a typical reaction from a Hyles graduate?

9. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Loving2,

Jack Hyles claimed to have preached 50,000 sermons. Schaap claims to have preached around 30,000.

Do the math! Both Hyles and Schaap are claiming to have preached three sermons a day, 365 days a year for 50 years (Hyles), or in Schaap's case, 30 years.

What utter nonsense. If they lie about how many times they preach, which can be easily challenged, what else are they lying about?

What kind of person needs to lie about how many times they preach? The same kind that need to lie about how many they "saved?"

Go figure.

10. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

[ April 28, 2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: Timtoolman ]

11. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tim, as politely and humbly as I can...

Regardless of Paul's approach, the long post you made above was very difficult to follow because of the way you wrote it.

I am not looking for a fight but the criticism was valid. As one who is interested in what you have to say, I had a difficult time discerning exactly what it was you were trying to say.

12. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have had experiences with two HAC grads. One was a true blue believer. His ministry is characterized by the numbers game, easy-believism, and KJVO.

The other has taken a dim view of the school and in particular Hyles when he was alive. Doctrine aside, Hyles ego was a big problem in this pastor's view.

13. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

To Tim and others,

I called Tim on the phone and we had a good discussion. I apologized to Tim for not being clear in my criticism. I only meant to say that I had a hard time following his comments and encouraged him to write in paragraphs. I can see that my approach to him was "offensive" and less than helpful.

14. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Thanks Scott for a more polite approach to this.I do get on here and punch out a message sometimes without putting much time in it. Will work on it.

15. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Scott I will retype this to make it clear since you said you were interested in what I had to say.

I had a friend who I went to Midwestern Baptist College with. His name was Rich. He transferred to Hyles after his freshmen year. This was in 1979. Later after he graduated He went to work in a church in Washington State. Our Church here in Lake Orion was looking for a youth pastor (1994) I called him and the pastor hired him.

Later we attended a Bible conference at MBC where Jack Hyles spoke. He preached a message that basically said he sacrificed his son David for the ministry. One night he said he had laid out all of the invitations he had to speak around the country. He took his son David and showed them all to him. He said “ son if I take these speaking engagements I will not be playing ball with you or attending your games but will be on the road.” To which his son replied “dad you must do what God wants you to do.” Thus the whole message was how he had to ignore his son to do the Lords works.

After the message there was testimony time. Many many teens went forward to get in front of the mike and share. However this turned into praise for men time. Teen after teen went up and praised Dr. so and so without one, and I am not exaggerating here, not one mention Christ or God. This went on for an hour with many teens yet to speak. My friend Rich and I left. I understand the service went for another hour after that. My friend was very disappointed in his mentor but still had praise for him.

I was not sharing this because I hate the man. He spoke many times at our college and was right on. I do find it distasteful that many of the new pastors are irreverent of the old timers. Like Rice, Malone, Hyles, Jones, Hudson. I think God used these men greatly in their time. I know people from DBTS seem to mock these men and criticize without acknowledging how God used them. Dbts is Calvinistic and that seems to play into it.

That is all, I was just sharing. No man is perfect. Hey if you think you are write a book. Put your words out there before all men and see how imperfect and incorrect you are.

16. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Baptize 25,000 a year? Yeah and how many are active members of their churches? Very few. I have known to many Hyles missioanries to know that they fudge numbers all the time to make themselves look good. They will boast of hundreds being saved at rate that you would think all of Africa would be evangelized by now.

You know what my biggest problem with HAC is? They are man-centered plain and simple. That is my Jack Hyles and other men are elevated to the status of "Baptist Saints". That is why they give huge numbers of people being saved and baptized. That is why they are so arrogant and stuck on themselves.

Call this a bash if you want, but the fact is that as soon as you point to ANYTHING wrong with Jack Hyles, HAC, or First Baptist Hammond to thoes who are followers, they will jump down your throat.

I would say the easy-believeism of HAC as kept more people in bondage and ubelief than has done good.

17. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Perceptions are a funny animal.

18. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sounds like they should have quit dreaming a long time ago and started preaching to themsleves what their congregations heard.