1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hyles Anderson College

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Preacher Boy88, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know that he didn't publicly repent... nor step down from being pastor since (if guilty) he was most certainly not "above reproach" nor a "one woman man".

David lamented his sin. His repentance was public. Though he was exposed rather than volunteering... he didn't continue to cover up Hyles may well have done.

David acknowledged his guilt and worthiness to be punished.

These two men were not of the same heart if Hyles did have an affair with that woman.
    He is either worthy of the influence he still has or else he is not. This debate neither started nor ended with his death.

That is absolutely true. The accusations of adultery and covering up his son's sexual problems may be absolutely false... but he behaved like a guilty man.

I don't and didn't hate Hyles. I seldom thought or think of him except when I run into those who hold a high view of him and willfully ignore his very serious flaws.

I hope he was forgiven of God and that we see him in heaven. But (if guilty) his repentance was never complete. His qualifications for being the pastor of FBCH hinged on the truth of the adultery allegations. That congregation deserved a straight forward truthful accounting of the charges and facts.

Maybe some of you know- did he ever definitively say in no uncertain terms that he did not have an adulterous affair with the woman?

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Scott: You sound like a fair and just man. Please check out this web site. It will answer many of the questions you may have.

CLICK HERE

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

It never ceases to amaze my how many people will support a snake in the grass like Hyles. He was a con-man who used the pulpit as an easy way to make a living. Even his preaching was contrary to what the Bible says, let alone his lifestyle.

Since he used his position to lure a wife away from her own husband, Hyles should have been put to death years ago. I know that if it had been my wife, I would probably be writing this from prison. I certainly would not spend my time defending his behavior, but this is what I have come to expect from hyper-fundamentalist.

Hyles was a hypocrite, plain and simple!

4. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

Jack Hyles did not sleep with Nitschik's wife. The man, under oath in court, was bluntly asked...Do you believe that the Mr. Hyles had sex with your wife? He answered, "No". Hyles slept with one woman in his life, his wife. No other accusations have been made, as far as I know.
    How can a man defend himself against such accusations? The man said he did not sleep with the lady. The lady said the same thing. The accuser answered under oath that he was NOT accusing Hyles of having sex with the man's wife.
    Just wanted to make that clear.

Still adultery? I dont know, but he slept with one woman in his life, his own wife.

5. I Am Blessed 24

It never ceases to amaze my how many people will take rumors, gossip, and false accusations against a man, as gospel, without finding out the truth first.

Why should ANYone have to defend themselves against false accusations?

As far as Jack Hyles using the pulpit as an easy way to make a living; have YOU ever tried being on call 24/7?

That man gave away millions of dollars to people in need, as well as missionaries. He thanked God he had the money to give. He did not even own a car!

6. Terry_Herrington

Yes, I have. And, I will put the work I have done in my life against anything Hyles ever did.

7. Terry_Herrington

Did he give his money away or was it mostly church money?

8. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

Reference to three depositions:

One responsible minister of unquestioned integrity, who read each of them, noted this about Hyles:

"Here is what I observed from Dr. Hyles deposition taken on May 1, 1986: He said that . . .
    "He buys Mrs. Nischik a new automobile every two years.
    "He loaned Mrs. Nischik $35,000 in which to invest so that she could derive interest from it.
    "He gave her a gift of $ 10,000."
    "He bought aluminum siding for the Nischik house
    "He gave Vic Nischik approximately $11,000 in order for him to have a room added to his house (pages 40-42)."He wrote about Jennie's:

"This is what I observed from Mrs. Nischik's deposition taken on February 5, 1986:
    "Over approximately the last eighteen years . . .
    "[Hyles] purchased her a new automobile (usually Buick or Oldsmobile) every other year for about the last eighteen years. . .
    " Paid for the insurance on the automobiles . . .
    " Paid for the driveway for the Nischik's house . . .
    " Paid for the air conditioner for the Nischik's house . . .
    " Gave $5,000 for her daughter Judy's education.
    " Gave $11,000 to build a room onto the Nischik's house . . .
    " Paid for a second telephone for the Nischik's house, a 'business' phone in her bedroom"

Writing about Vic's he said:

"And then I observed some things from Vic Nischik's deposition which was taken on March 10, 1986. He said ...
    "When their house in Munster was bought in 1968, that you were the one who negotiated the purchase. Vic said that he was never a party to the contract. That was 7 years after they were married, having married in 1961 . . . . "

This deal was certainly a strange one since Vic never paid a dime on it, never even signed the contract, nor did he have any say in selecting the floor plan. That house, by the way, was at 8219 on one street and the Hyles residence was at 8232 on the street behind it. The two houses could be viewed at the time-with lights flashed as signals-although trees have since blocked it.

We are not quoting more from his evaluation because the matters omitted are faced elsewhere in this paper. Since those depositions were made, in the Fall following the divorce, Jennie moved into a brand new beautiful condominium, paid for in cash to the tune of $150,000. While this may not come under the classification of supporting a mistress, it certainly is an excellent imitation! Hyles explains is as being due to his naturally generous character - a matter we do not deny, although we have a right to reserve our own opinion about why he is so generous.

The Nischiks had a 2,000-square foot house in an affluent section of Munster, unofficially appraised in mid-1981 at $125,000. After the 1971 fiasco, Mrs. Nischik was totally responsible for all expenses pertaining to the residence – house payments, taxes, insurance, utilities, upkeep, weekly cleaning lady, food, clothes, school tuition and everything else involved – all on her small secretarial salary. The daughter said they were never "wanting" and "always had very nice things," adding that she hated most of them because she knew why she had them and where they came from. "Hush money," she called it.

Yet it is important to remember that Vic only paid "rent," set by Hyles, of $250 a month until the room over the garage was added, then the " rent" went up to $268.34 to cover the extra expense of the maid cleaning an additional room, Vic, whose take-home pay was two or three times hers, said in a statement he was not permitted to present to the deacons, "Under no circumstances could I have been able to provide for her such a high life style." He also charged at that time, "Jack Hyles insisted that the financial support for Jennie be his responsibility," and noted that "annual vacations were provided for her," as well as "indications that substantial funds were being accumulated for future needs," concluding his marriage was wrecked "by a constant inflow of unaccounted cash."

When we asked Judy Nischik Johnson if she knew anything about Hyles her mother money, she replied, "Yes, I do. Everything that was provided when I was growing up was money that somehow mysteriously appeared to my mother." Without her seeing him put it in her mother's hand, she said she "knew it came from him," adding that she sometimes saw large amounts of cash lying round.

Perhaps a word would be in order about the large sums of unaccounted cash Hyles dispenses – with no records of any kind. By his own statement, he does not deposit his speaking honorariums in the bank, cashing them instead and disbursing them as he chooses – doing the same with gifts from "friends" across the country – and there is no record kept of the monies or of their distribution.

9. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I suggest you to get a book by a famous lawyer who was faithful to Hyles church nearly 20 years. This lawyer knows Jack Hyles very well. I read this book and was awestruck to learn about Jack Hyles plus his own son Dave Hyles.

"Fundamental Seduction"
    The Jack Hyles Case

By Voyle A Glover
    Attorney at Law

This book is incredible because after reading this book, you will see the result. This book is a must for YOU, Dr. Tim.

Another book explains about Victor and Jack in their secret life that NO ONE KNOWS.

"Wizard of God"
    My life with Jack Hyles

By Victor Nischik

Get these books and READ from cover to cover!

10. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Deaf pastor David Hanson from Kansas City, MO. He told me lot details of Jack Hyles. David Hanson's church is hosting DBFA this year for DBFA's 25th Anniversary.

Anyway. David Hanson told me, he lost in respect of Dr. Hyles.

Dr. Jack Hyles was the President of Colorado Bible College in 1980's. He resigned as President of Colorado Bible College in 1985, and obivously, he escaped away from being catch find of sin by commit adultery with that secertary. During that early 1980's, Hyles did invlove with secertary as relationship.

Also, Hyles fears that many might find out the details records and informations that he was invlove with secertary. So, he told his staffs at Colarado Baptist College, and also First Baptist Church of Hammond, to get rid all recipts, records, letters, details relationshp between him and secertary Mrs. Nischik. He does not want people to know the facts that he was invlove with her.

Several years ago, I did caught book, or newspaper mentioned that Dr. Hyles was President at Colorado Baptist College. Somehow recently, any sites on the internet that Dr. Hyles was removed from the history that he was President at Colorado Baptist College.

I did research Colrado Baptist College history. It says, its name changed to different name of college in year 1985. I am no doubt that Dr. Hyles resigned that college in that year(consider, he was fled away from being caught find sin).

My question, who influenced David Hyles to commit adultery more than 20 women? No doubt, his Dad influenced him.

I was at Dr. Hyles' furneral. I watched Ms. Beverly Hyles gave her testimony about her husband. She said, Jack Hyles went to see the doctor check up his heart. Doctor warned him, that he will have major heart attack. Jack told Beverly, not to telling anyone. So, Jack and Beveraly both kept secert for 5 years! I figured out, 5 years between 2001 and 1996.

I learned that I read Sword of the Lord newspaper, Hyles-Anderson College was put in it for the advertistement about HAC. Dr. Hyles was so boast about his church claims, over 57,000 souls saved during year, 15,000 converted during a single Sunday service, claims over 10,000 baptisms during year. etc.... Kim Remple- Reggie's wife told me, our pastor was angry at Hyles about the advertistment in Sword of the Lord. He said, Hyles is being filled of pride and bull. I agree with pastor was right on Hyles.

In year 1996, and 1997, Hyles was keep on boasting about his church and college for the numbers of souls saved and baptisms, etc... And I do not like his church claims, 'World's Largest Sunday School'. That was his pride. Where's over 100,000 or 200,000 members go within 40 years under his ministry at that church? Numbers mean nothing to me. That church and college both are lack on discipleship. They focus on soul winning, and "Easy Believism". They allow thousands of people astray away back to the world again because of lack on discipleship.

Dr. Hyles claims, he won over 700,000 souls in his personal soul winning throughout his lifetime. I don't buy his claim. Only Lord knows him.

Let you know, I am highly respect Dr. Lee Roberson than Dr. Hyles. Why? Because Dr. Lee Roberson refuses being boast about the numbers at his church and college. He was very humble, and he's a truly godly man. I like his attitude.

Bible oftens teaching us, that we ought always be humble, just serving the Lord. I rather surprise in the judgement day to show the result what I am serving the Lord on earth throughout my life, than write down the records how many souls saved, I witnessed them to Christ, etc...

Hey,

There are so PLENTY good Indpendent Fundamental Baptist colleges out in America, why not you try to visit them, not just for Hyles-Anderson College. You better looking up on the Lord, not look on man such as Dr. Jack Hyles. Ask God, for His guide where He wants you to go college, better follow the Lord. Lord knows your life, He knows what to do with you, better listen to him.

In Christ
    Rev. 22:20 -Amen!

11. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There is a problem with pride when a group writes on its website, "This church has a membership of over 100,000 and averaged 10,000 baptisms per year for the last five years of his ministry. For many years, the church has been acclaimed to have the "World's Largest Sunday School." During Dr. Hyles' ministry, First Baptist Church increased in property value from $70,000 to over $70,000,000.
    Source: http://www.hylesanderson.com/drhyles.php

My Bible reads, "Pride goes before destruction, And a haughty spirit before stumbling."

We need to be careful who we associate with so that we do not become like them.

Bad company corrupts good morals.

12. I Am Blessed 24

Exactly what is wrong with church growth?

If a church is not growing - something is wrong.

13. Terry_Herrington

I don't believe this to be true. A church should be judged by its love for the Lord, its beliefs, and its compassion towards others, not according to how many people attend it.

14. Paul33

Paul33 New Member

I say this tepidly.

I wonder how many souls are in hell today because of Jack Hyles' ministry of easy believism and spirit of pride?

When the rich young ruler walked away from his encounter with Jesus he walked away "sorrowfully." He knew what was keeping him from following Jesus, his sin.

We need to take seriously the words of Christ in response to the one who claims, "Didn't I cast out demons in your name?" And Jesus replied, "Depart from me. I never knew you."

The moral carnage that is evident in the ministry of FBC and Hyles-Anderson College is heartbreaking. Even if there were no moral shortcomings, the sin of "pride" alone would bring God's judgement.

15. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like good advice to me.

16. Askjo

Askjo New Member

True, the fact is that Jack told ALL male students to "GET hands OFF from girls" because of his son Dave Hyles. They must NOT touch girl's body. ALL deaf male students and members MUST wave their hands in front of deaf girl's face. A true story is a deaf church under John Clark. John carried deaf members to my home church for a revival. A deaf female student of HAC was a singer. I tapped my fingers on her shoulder. She got ANGRY at me and bawled me out, saying, "do NOT touch!" Many deaf people in my church saw that happens. Guess what? They lost their interest in my deaf church. My deaf church collapsed later. From 250 deaf people to 0. ZERO!!!!

17. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I know of a church in Indiana that gives vouchers and toys to kids who come to church. That church is growing in numbers.

18. Dr.Tim

Dr.Tim New Member

The "hands off" rule is a good rule in some ways. However, i think it is STUPID when a person grows up in a deaf family and is accustomed to tapping people on shoulder to get attention and then having some KID from Hyles church come and tell you keep hands off girls. One of them did that to me and I told him he was a KID and he shouldnt be telling adults what to do.
    I was struck by a car.. was on crutches for two weeks and was trying to catch upwith one of my female members of my church and i reached out and touched her on shoulder. One of the Hyles preacher boys came and told me not touch. I laugh at him and tell him he is kid, go away.

Hyles group think they can change deaf culture. Forget it. I dont appreciate hearing folks stepping over and trying to enforce a rule that is not scriptural and is a cultural issue.

19. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dr. Tim, I'm NOT deaf and I'll reach out and touch an elbow of a deacon or a male greeter if I can help the person find a class, etc. and don't want to just start yakking.... Good for you!

20. Askjo

Askjo New Member

That is PURE legalism.