1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I believe we've debunked preterism.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by robycop3, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did. By sly innuendo suggesting you understand what my theology does to my temperament.

Have you ever considered that it could be that I am in constant excruciating pain? Or that I have to take very strong medication with horrible side effects just to get out of bed in the morning? Or that I spend all day every day sitting in this chair with my lap top because I am unable to do much more if I plan on being in church on Sunday?

:)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your sarcasm and lack of respect for the views of others is duly noted.
    Imagine that, I did not say that either. I said "good exegesis." Accurate portrayal of your opponent's view is good ethics.

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rapture, 7 year tribulation with the 2nd half being the Great Tribulation; 2nd Coming in power and glory; judgment of the nations & judgment seat of Christ; 1000 years of Christ's physical reign ;
    Don't care if there is a millennium temple. Israel and the church are separate; the Church is the bride of Christ.
    Funny, you've always seemed confused to me, like you believing you are covenant theology when you disagree with Berkhof. :Biggrin Personally, I'm very clear on what I believe and teach.
    Okay. But don't expect me to debate all of this with you. The subject is too broad, and I've never been convinced that you understood dispensationalism. And by the way, if you hold that the present age is the millennium, you are not amil but postmil. Just saying. ;)

#103 John of Japan, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haha! This from the guy who strongly implied I was a Docetist.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, that was me. And I didn't strongly imply it. I came right out and said it. :D:D:D:D

6. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "robycop3,
    Hello Roby, thanks for responding.

Do you think it is possible in Acts 15 the rebuilt tabernacle is the Church?

Do you think peter was teaching that Jesus is on that Throne now...ruling from heaven?

But we jew and gentile are now one 1pet2:9..we are now also a peculiar people

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I remember. But John agreed with you. Hence my comment.

8. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I respect Asterisktoms view, I respect David's View, and they differ, so its not the "views of others", it is the presentation of the views.

• Like Like x 2
  9. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is it? Then why aren't you?

Um no. Post Mill is a golden age of Christianity ruling, which i disagree with.

The amillennialist believes that the Kingdom of God was inaugurated at Christ's resurrection (hence the term "inaugurated millennialism") at which point he gained victory over both Satan and the Curse. Christ is even now reigning (hence the term "nunc-millennialism" — nunc means "now") at the right hand of the Father over His church. After this present age has ended, Christ will return and immediately usher the church into their eternal state after judging the wicked.
    • The Millennium: inaugurated with Christ's resurrection. In an "already/not yet" sense, Christ already reigns over all and is already victorious over Satan.

The postmillennialist believes that the millennium is an era (not a literal thousand years) during which Christ will reign over the earth, not from an literal and earthly throne, but through the gradual increase of the Gospel and its power to change lives. After this gradual Christianization of the world, Christ will return and immediately usher the church into their eternal state after judging the wicked.
    • The Millennium: a Golden Age previous to Christ's second advent during which Christ will virtually rule over the whole earth through an unprecedented spread of the Gospel; the large majority of people will be Christian.

Four Views on the Millennium - Study Resources

#109 prophecy70, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. prophecy70

prophecy70 Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I know about it already. Ill keep you in my prayers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Brethren, I would like to offer a simple reminder to each participant here. We are all interested is serving the Lord in truth.
    We have 4 views of these events here.

I would like to have Ladd or Spurgeon here to represent Historic premill...but I am stuck with TC:oops:
    I would like to have Ryrie, or Pentecost here...but I find JOJ:eek:
    I would like to have Russell here,look at the screen to see Asteriktom:Sick
    Sam Waldron or Michael horton have not showed up here, but ian and a few others have.Confused
    Ken Gentry is not here...so you have yo put up with me:Roflmao
    let's take advantage and each one do their best to offer their view positively, and when we attack so to speak, attack the view not the persons as much..[which I can easily drift into.

We all set sail in our endtimes boats...let see which ones can and cannot hold water. I have spent time in some of the other boats but have abandoned ship because i was not sure it was going to make it to safe harbor.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That post should be the start of a new thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus' prophecies MUST come to pass, exactly as written in the original language. So far, there's been:

NO coming to power of the "beast

NO AOD

NO mark of the beast

NO great trib, worst in history

Jesus said He'd return IMMEDIATELY AFTER the great trib. (Matt. 24:29) so this trib MUST occur first. it's right there in your own Bible, regardless of what version(s) you use.

14. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The pertinent Scriptures have been posted umpteen times & apparently ignored by the prets, especially when compared to history/reality.

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like Jehovah Witnesses, prets think they're right, but can't PROVE a thing they say.

16. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read Matt. 24:29.

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's still future. jest ask any Orthodox Jew if they intend to build a new temple & re-institute the system of sacrifices, etc.

18. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those prophesies were given as relating to the AD 70 destruction, or in Revelation as things shortly to come to pass. Either Jesus, John & Paul got it wrong, or you have misinterpreted.

You are demanding God provide a physical, literal fulfilment. That is carnal. Look for a fulfilment in the spiritual realm & you will be able to glorify God for his fulfilled prophecy.

Peter describes your attitude:
    2 Peter 3:1 Dear friends, this is now my second letter to you. I have written both of them as reminders to stimulate you to wholesome thinking. 2 I want you to recall the words spoken in the past by the holy prophets and the command given by our Lord and Saviour through your apostles.

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, ‘Where is this “coming” he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.’
    .​

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tom, that takes consideration and empathy... something lacking in today’s society. Perhaps I can empathize because I to have problems getting outa bed do to illnesses I won’t discribe. What assists me in carrying on, if you will allow me is watching my mother fighting to keep a sick child alive (referring to my sister who was a CP) through the night, through the day, through the years ... the nightly vigil with that lone 25 watt bulb burning so as not to wake up the other children. That memory burns in my head.

So perhaps our empathy lies in sharing our wounds from life and damn me if that don’t explain why we can have compassion ... while others don’t.

#119 Earth Wind and Fire, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  20. Covenanter

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are you so concerned with "history/reality" & totally ignore eternal reality:
    Eph. 6:10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armour of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.