1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Have To Conclude.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 23, 2016.

1. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You lie, horrendously.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, I guess you can prove out that one that turns their back on God & believes that they will be rewarded with eternal life with Christ is going to happen..... I do not. But feel free to throw your scripture to prove your point & I will post mine. And keep trying to call people Puritan's or what ever name you want to come up with. No skin!

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps Ive missed it but I do not see a response to an earlier question. Maybe you can point it out but if not, here again:

Can a person not be a disciple of Christ & still consider themselves Christian?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it.

5. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all have relatives (some long dead) who rejected the Scriptures and denied Christ.

There is a part of the believer that examples that of Christ weeping over Jerusalem for the lack of positive response to the imploring of God; more often, that response is also coupled with a certain anger toward the still living that reject the truth in which more often great condemnation in words and actions are taken. At times, events are used to demonstrate disapproval and display some "spiritual" aspect. Perhaps, it would have been better to have grieved and proclaimed the longing love of the heart. Show the meek and quiet spirit of humble strength found in Christ, rather than stirring the embers into flames under the pot of disapproval.

There is a time when the believer should express anger of condemnation, but the most clear condemnations given by Christ were not against those who came out to meet him in need, but those who were self righteous in their doing, those of the teachers and rulers who were so self righteous yet fully condemned.

Personally, I save my most harsh remarks for those of the supposed redeemed preachers and teachers who think (as did those religious self righteous throughout the millennia) that their own self righteousness will excuse some excess of sinful behavior. I cannot begin to count the number of people who would excuse all manner of excess because they were a "soul winner." Some even proclaimed by others as being "a great soul winner." Or claim that by "office" or "appointment" they are above rebuke and exposure for their sinfulness. Such were and are liars, thieves, murderers, adulterers, and involved in all other manners of wicked excess, yet excused the behavior; one even saying, "great men have great appetites." Such were and are disgusting, and worthy of great condemnation, for they lead others astray.

However, there is no need to condemn the lost. They already know they are condemned. That is part of the work of the Holy Spirit to the world.
    John 16:
    “And He, when He comes, will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment; concerning sin, because they do not believe in Me; and concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father and you no longer see Me; and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged."

Rather, point the lost to the reconciliation found in and through Christ.

That doesn't mean that excuse is offered to the lost. Sin is sin and not to be excused. However, there is a great difference in agreement that ALL have sinned (Romans 5) and are therefore condemned, and presenting that believers are without condemnation (Romans 8). Never neglect that between those two great statements in Scriptures, there is a purposed work of God to enslave the believer (Romans 6) to His will and purpose. Where once the unbeliever was already condemned (John 3), it is by God's purpose and by His grace that the believer possesses the "benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life." (Romans 6).

I would encourage the agreement that All have sinned, and point to the reconciliation that is found only in Christ. Then let the Holy Spirit do the work that the Scriptures teach He will do in the life of a believer. If there is no growth from that work of the Holy Spirit, then perhaps there is no belief, and one remains condemned. They are as those who our Lord wept over as He gazed upon Jerusalem.

6. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You've made the outrageous accusation, the onus is on you to prove it.

Did you have a bad experience the last time you visited a PB church?

Have you ever put forth the effort to visit a PB church?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What..... Are you going to blather or are you going to make a point?

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why......you have never even answered a direct question. But no I have not visited with one.......got any suggestions? There is not one in New Jersey. I have listened to a number of sermons & have read enough to know that there is a smattering of different doctrines & some that give credence to people making allowances for sinful lives getting to heaven. Must I pull them together & post them for you? I've no problem doing so.

9. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The one who has epitomized blathering accuses others.

Yea, cite your sources that show the Primitive Baptist church exalts carnality.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

11. kyredneck

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Case in point.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Case in point what,

Why don't you explain to everyone the "consept" of Temporal Salvation:

Where the gospel does “save” the believer, but this “deliverance” does not have eternal consequence. REALLY!

#72 Earth Wind and Fire, May 30, 2016
    Last edited: May 30, 2016
  13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the other hand we have the Corinthian church and they were not the best examples of disciples having the boldness of coming to the Lord's table drunk and with some practicing seriously depraved sins.

My "judgment" is that they were an opposing model (for instance) to the Ephesian church to show us the extremes that the saved can find themselves.

However the scriptures says to the Corinthians:
    For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

As for my own personal practical case: my life was turned upside down when I was saved. I was in the military and word went around "What happened to Hank?" - "oh he got religion".
    I stopped the drunken parties, threw out all my tobacco stuff, Stopped with the potty mouth, hungry for the word etc...- and no one told me I had to do these things, later I sought fellowship with others.

I would say I am a disciple - always seeking to please the Lord, always ready to learn, telling others of His glory, always acknowledging the remnant of sin still disturbing my life. A poor example however, I still have desires for worldly stuff. I have a Buick Park Avenue but I long for a Park Avenue Ultra (with a supercharged engine).

Fifty four years walking with the Lord, yes I've stumbled but he has always picked me up and set me back on the straight and narrow.

However I don't expect a big reward, eternal life with Him will do just fine.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    all right But a Buick??? LOL

15. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't forget I'm from another generation. And yes, when I was boy I got my first glimpse of a 1952 Buick Roadmaster at the General Motors Motorama and it was love at first sight.

It is a definite problem area in my life - my wife is jealous of my car, I don't know what she will do if I get a Park Avenue Ultra.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=1952+buick

HankD

16. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not knowing how to use the quote function? :D

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope... not caring

18. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was still a young man driving ridiculously fast cars my wife did not like driving my Chevelle Heavy Chevy 454 4 speed. So I bought her an Oldsmobile Delta Royale. It was a huge boat but she loved it. 9 years later (I had a new Chevelle SS by then) I traded it on an Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham. I had to literally take the Delta Royal away from her. She didn't want to part with it. But she ended up likeing the Cutlass just as much. It had the Limited interior. Royal blue crushed velvet upholstery.

Both were nice cars, but I switched to Lincoln Towncars in the early 1990s. Can't beat them. Not sure what I will do now that Lincoln no longer makes the Towncar. Our present iteration has 140,000 miles on it so I am looking around for a replacement. So far the new Cadillac CT6 looks the best but I am not completely satisfied with the available engines. It is a full size car but the biggest engine available this year is a 3.6 liter V-6. But the dealer tells me the 2017 model will have a smaller variant of the 6.2 liter (380 CI) V-8 in the Escalade. I will check that one out in October. :) delta.jpg cutless.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great cars! If I were now ever to go over to Ford products (I did own a Thunderbird once) I would like to find a good Lincoln Town Car or a Ford LTD Crown Vic.

OK EWF I realize we have made a complete departure from the O/P but this is really important stuff!

HankD