1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I Have To Conclude.....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Earth Wind and Fire, May 23, 2016.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spoken like a true Paul Washer freak :p:DWink

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Surely there aren't those here suggesting that those who walk in darkness are the sons of light?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this a constant or a condition?... The only constant where there is no darkness is in God... I think it is the latter... The word "if" relates to a condition to what we do or not do... Those are my thoughts... Brother Glen

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Tyndale/Glen here is the bottom line, "are you suggesting that the Carnal Christian is a valid Christian?" Because if you are, I'm not buying it! The Lord wants you to give yourself to him totally, first, last & always. He is not content being the God who accepts leftovers & second bests. I understand that we are all works in progress but .....

Malachi 1:7
    "By offering defiled food on my altar. "But you ask, 'How have we defiled you?' "By saying that the LORD's table is contemptible.

Malachi 1:13

And you say, 'What a burden!' and you sniff at it contemptuously," says the LORD Almighty. "When you bring injured, lame or diseased animals and offer them as sacrifices, should I accept them from your hands?" says the LORD.

OK here is but one example, I have a sister in law who tells my brother, "I know what it says in the bible, but I'm not doing it.....God will have to accept that." When I get to heaven, God will chastise me but heck I'm saved.....so......yada yada yada. Then she will give herself to worldly pursuits. So is she right?

And here is something else......she will not accept correction.....not from her husband & not from her pastor. Rather she wants them to accept worldly instruction from feminists & new day psycho babblers.

In short, whats your opinion.....is she totally committed to Christ when she rejects His Word? Personally I believe her to be unsaved. (You know them by their fruits)

#44 Earth Wind and Fire, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
  5. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I don't believe in some type of sinless perfection if I am understanding your meaning. I don't believe we can become truly sinless in our present condition where we have remaining sin. I believe Romans 7 is a description of the mature Christian's struggle. I reject any Keswick theology.

That said, the salvation of the Lord is unto righteousness and holiness. There is no such things of being saved and yet continuing in a lifestyle of habitual sin. The salvation of the Lord is a lifestyle of holiness and habitual repentance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I totally agree!

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, Amen, Amen!

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you avoid being a Disciple of Christ & consider yourself a Christian?

Isn't the word 'DISCIPLE' taken from the word discipline?

18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them ina]">[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

9. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Only the Lord can judge her heart.

She might be unsaved. She might be saved but have been poorly taught. She might be saved but in a time of rebellion, like the author of Amazing Grace was for a time. She might be saved but totally blindsided by Satan.

Only God knows. To judge her is to assume we know more than we do. At the very least, she is cruising for a spanking from the Almighty, so sure pray compassionately for her.

But gossip is as big a sin as hers. And so is an attitude that basically is thanking God one is not a sinner like "her."

It is our job to share to the truth. It is the job of the Holy Spirit to convict her. And it isn't our job by a long shot to judge her.

But again, some Baptists are free grace, some are truly Reformed, and some are just puritans.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree and say Amen to your post!... Some want to throw the baby out with the bath water... Take heed there was a career criminal hung on a cross with Jesus... There was a change in that man on the cross... What changed him?... Those in the crowd had written him off along time ago... But God did not!... He was headed to paradise Jesus told him... He belonged to the Lord!... Who else belongs to the Lord?... We cannot read any ones mind heart and soul only God can and he is the only one in charge of a persons Salvation!... Who than can be saved?... With men it is impossible but with God All things are possible!... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a "far-gone-conclusion!" Matthew 7:13-14 is ignored by most in the church, as it is TOO uncomfortable to speak or think about. Still, the road to glory is narrow, but the road to hell is more like a 10-lane, one way freeway! I think your verses and this one are a glimpse at how sad many will be when the roll is called Up yonder.

Great observation. I wish more in the pulpit and on the pews would sober up and see that hell is much easier to find then heaven.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just note the fruit.....ie, an unhappy marriage, New age paganism, the ignoring of clear scripture, her daughter's running away and shacked up with a guy, sons reclusive behavior, other daughters rebellion. Seemslike the seed has fallen on the thorny soil.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, again....can you be a Christian and not be a disciple?

14. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't believe the two are inseparable. Like that 50's tune, "love and marriage (repeat), go together like a horse and carriage ... you can't have one without the other!

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This I agree with Dude & I see it clearly taught in Scripture.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I always knew ... when it came to Jesus the Bible and theology, we had something in common and something we could totally agree upon! Shalom!

17. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

From John MacArthur at one end to Zane Hodges at the other end of the spectrum, I don't believe any are saying salvation means it is a-ok to sin like the devil since heaven is already a sure thing for a saved person.

What some puritans seem to want to do is judge other's fruit IN ORDER to condemn them as unsaved. Only God gets to do that!

What we can do is teach the truth. If it appears the fruit isn't ripe, so to speak, we are certainly free to pray our concern, asking God to lead the person into all truth.

What we are taught in scripture is to NOT assume we are sinless ourselves, or less sinful, and free to judge. And we are taught that gossip and a judgmental spirit are sins just as evil as this woman told of in this thread.

Really, each of us needs to be a fruit inspector of OUR OWN fruit, and not that of others

God has folks claiming salvation but unsaved, yes. He also has His saved babies and idiots:) I strive to be His mature woman, but if I am a babe or idiot well thank God for His mercy and grace.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent post! A solid 'Baptist' post.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean a solid 'Primitive Baptist' post don't you. One where carnality is accepted.....even exalted! NICE!!!!

20. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spoken by the Prophet and addressed to those to whom He was sent:

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace. Ro 11

23 And it shall be, that every soul that shall not hearken to that prophet, shall be utterly destroyed from among the people. Acts 3

13 Enter ye in by the narrow gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many are they that enter in thereby.
    14 For narrow is the gate, and straitened the way, that leadeth unto life, and few are they that find it. Mt 7