1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I must clarify

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Matt22:37-39, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Statements like these are why people discount you as arrogant.

2. Matt22:37-39

Matt22:37-39 New Member

See right there you all took what 5% of the whole message negated much truth and ones own feelings and opinions, but try to find a negative albeit so small.

Now who is arrogant, lacks empathy, judgmental, hypocrites?

Well it isn't hard to tell who gets convicted on these boards....:smilewinkgrin:

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps you should try *not* posting the 5%, so we could all focus on the other 95%? Or are you saying that God is leading you to write the parts that are prideful?

In "communication," there are several parts. Message, sender, receiver, media, feedback, and filters. The filters have a tendency sometimes to dilute the message. Lose the filters, improve the communication.

If someone tells you they're offended by something, what's your Christian duty?

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Do you agree that each of us should allow the Holy Spirit guide our lives, guide our words, and even our thoughts? That He is our teacher?

Sister, I pray that when He teaches you what true humility is all about that you won't lash out at Him, as well.

I can't speak for anyone else, only for myself, in witness to our Saviour and Lord.

That said, I suspect that most, if not all of the posters speaking out to you, have been taught by Him, to understand when pride, boastfulness, arrogance, etc are present and have to be purged from our hearts. This lesson is not easy, when He confronts us with His truth. Not yours, not mine, or anyone else's "truth". HIS TRUTH.

I pray that He will lead you to a very basic and simple understanding. One that applies to me.

I have nothing, I am nothing to boast about. All I have, all I am is His. To give Him all the glory, all the credit, for any feeble accomplishment that may come about in this earthly existance. I am the particles of the dust from which He created me. Nothing more.

I pray that any time, that pride or anything else tempts me to rise from that dust, He will convict me, once again, to stay right where I belong. In the dust at His feet.

#44 Oldtimer, Apr 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you feel that God has made a prophetess or something, that you have some important truths from God to give to us then?

6. Matt22:37-39

......................................................................................

7. Matt22:37-39

...................................................................................

8. Matt22:37-39

You guys need to look in the mirror and see how you have scared many away from this board....I was here many years ago and this board had lots of traffic, it also had lots of dissension as well and many were hurt because of it and left or got banned for speaking up...looks like nothing has changed...I pray for you all!

:wavey:

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    why were people scared away?

10. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

If one person came to me and tried to gently point out an issue that they thought I had, I'd probably take it with a grain of salt (depending on who it was). If multiple people pointed to the same thing, I hope that I would take it more seriously.

To be honest, and part of me cringes because I know it sounds bad; though you have some excellent points to be made, the lack of humility in which you make them makes me wonder if you aren't playing some type of trolling-points game. I hope I am wrong.

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Like any other message board site, there is turnover. In the 2 1/2 years that I have been here, I have not noticed any mass exodus, nor anything atypical from what happens on other sites.

#51 Arbo, Apr 24, 2013
  12. Matt22:37-39

Stats don't lie, nor does experience, and a quick google search.

The problem for some of you is people see better than you think, so just because someone doesn't say something doesn't mean they don't know what is really going on. I find this to be true when I google a subject and come across a forum and read the exchange only to quickly see who is right and who is wrong.

Sometimes I wonder if some of these forums aren't designed more as a satire from those who grew up under such abusive legalism? This often crosses my mind....maybe because of a particular fundamental website that obviously does...can't remember the name of it? Anyway, have fun fighting with each other, it isn't going to work on me...

:wavey:

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does that mean you're leaving?

I wish you wouldn't. I wish you would post some more, in both "your" threads and others'; and I wish you would engage in discussion with people, and provide the opportunity to reason out the scriptures with each other.

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Can you qualify " abusive legalism?"

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This thread has been extremely enlightening.

16. Matt22:37-39

Nope not leaving, I do see your point though and may be why there is some confusion.

Until recently I didn't have time to be on forums and I know how they can get addicting and time consuming so I just posted some of my thoughts on different subjects on 2 forums to see what people thought...is there something here in what I am saying, what God has revealed to me. I didn't do it to be arrogant, or to think I know more than others, I do it for a few reasons.

1) Cause I'm trying to see if what I say is something people need, it has helped me in my life and understanding. I honestly want to help people, I've always been that way. I hang on to the morsels that are given to me once in awhile they are what keep me going. On my FB, I know who is "following" me even though most do not respond I know they are getting something out of what i write or they wouldn't keep coming back to get fed....entertainment, hmmmm, maybe?

2) I do think much of what I share is what we need to get back to....not only as a society but especially as believers and the church...my burden is for the church. For the church to Glorify God, not that I always do, but I do try.

3) Sometimes I'm feeling insecure in what I present because I feel much of it lands on deaf ears, but in my heart and mind I know otherwise...I do not want to listen and believe the devil, so I am trying to get reassurance that God is working through me...and the devil is a liar.

Hope that helps you see my motives better.

#56 Matt22:37-39, Apr 24, 2013
  17. Matt22:37-39

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  19. Matt22:37-39

Yeah I don't have time for that... like I said a quick google search reveals much...

20. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

The more posts in this thread that I read, the more I agree.