1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I would like to tell my story!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kimberley Shephard, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Kimberley Shephard

Kimberley Shephard New Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Hello everyone,

My name is Kimberley and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm 21 years old. As the title says: I would like to tell my personal story.

I grew up in a happy family with my parents and my younger sister. In the Netherlands it's not very common that people are religious. I grew up without much knowledge about faith and what it means.

It was only until I was around 16 years old. I started to feel alone and empty. Much more often I kept feeling that there was more in life than just living and working. I felt like someone was with me in times that I needed someone in life. I had to know that I wasn't alone.
    That's the point I learned more about God and about our Savior!
    I started with reading the Bible and do Bible study as much as I could & now I know that I have to be thankful in life. I would love to learn more about faith, and I like to get to know new people in life.

I am not baptised yet, but it would be amazing if my believe would get strong enough for me to get baptised. I would come so much closer to God and put even more trust in Faith.

Is there anyone who would like to talk with me? Especially about learning more about faith?

I'm really sorry if my writing isn't that good, I'll try my best.

Have a blessed day,

Kimberley

• Like Like x 2
  2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the BB Kimberly. Are you attending a Church or Bible study/group anywhere?

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kimberly,
    I would assume your first language is Dutch.
    You have nothing to be sorry about when it comes to your writing.
    You did a very fine job. In fact, your writing is much better than some
    whose first language is English.

We are so glad to have you here on BB.

and BTW - apparently my ancestors came from the Netherlands.
    Originally
    the name was Ti(e)tsoort;

4. Kimberley Shephard

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Thank you!
    I only follow churches online, for almost every Sunday. In my neighborhood aren't many churches, and my parents would probably not allow me to attempt.

So the only Bible studies I do right now are watching special videos and read on Bible websites.

I feel like that's why it's so important for me to have contact with godly people who would like to talk with me about everything!

5. Kimberley Shephard

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Thank you so much for the compliment and the welcome! Sometimes I feel a little insecure because English wasn't my best class at school.

There is actually a lot of Dutch history in The States, it's really amazing. Your name really does sound Dutch!

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kim,

If you do not go to church and you are only getting biblical teaching on line, then can you tell us where,exactly, you were taught the gospel? Did someone tell you personally? Did you read it somewhere? Did you come across it online?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kimberley Shephard

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Actually, I think the first things that I saw were at this TV show, called 19 kids and counting. I don't know if many people have heard about it, but while watching it, I was gaining more and more interest in Faith.

Three years ago, I also had 2 amazing friends at school who were both Christians. They were so nice, and I learned a lot from them. It's sad that they live pretty far away from me. I am really thankful for them!

8. poor-in-spirit

poor-in-spirit Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome aboard!

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So there are no christian churches in your area?

10. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to Baptist Board, Kimberly! Similar to you, I became a Christian when I was 21 - in Germany. My father was American but my mother was German, from Gladbeck, just east of Venlo.

The Internet can be a great place to get good answers to questions and also fellowship. I hope also that you will find some flesh-and-blood fellowship there in the Netherlands.

#10 asterisktom, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  11. Kimberley Shephard

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    There are a few, but my parents probably won't let me attempt. That's why I try to follow the services live online.

I was trying to go to a Christian family camp in The States to volunteer this summer, but it was to quick to arrange everything. Hopefully I will be able to go next summer. I think it will teach me a lot of (new) things!

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say your parents “probably” won’t let you attempt to go to church. Why haven’t you tried yet? You should pray about it and then ask your parents to let you go to church. If you don’t even ask or try then you can’t blame not going to church on your parents.

Also are you not an adult?
    The Bible says we ought to obey God rather than men, and we are commanded not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together (church).

If I was you I would go to church anyway regardless of what my parents told me, after all, we are responsible first and foremost to obey and honor God.

14. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #14 Jordan Kurecki, Jul 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, many good programs on TWR

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello Kimberley,
    When I saw that you were from the Netherlands it really took me back to a time when much money, & much time went into horses. We bought a mare in foal to raise a Dutch Warmblood for our daughter who was a hunter/jumper rider. The filly was gorgeous, but truly hell on wheels. Farriers & trainers were intimidated by her will, & power. We did get her approved at a keuring. Many memories stirred up. Other friends went into Friesians, also Dutch, & they were much more sane. Live & learn. In your journey through life, may you find what you seek.
    He is waiting for you.

17. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Welcome to the Baptist Board, Kimberley. I hope you find it a blessing!

• Prayers Prayers x 1