If God Never decreed/ordained the Fall...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Agent47, Jan 25, 2017.

?
  1. Most certainly

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I don't know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It is impossible to know

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. He never ordained the Fall in the first place.

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thoroughly enjoying slideshows, but have you voted?

2. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have told you why your conclusion is not logical, and have demonstrated the flaw in your logic. Your appropriate recourse is to prove your logic (instead of offering fallacies).

(The "poll" is flawed, BTW, and that's why I didn't answer. It presents supposed conclusions to a hypothetical of God's own mind. While I like Lewis Carroll, I don't want him in my theology.)

But please, it is your turn.

1+1=2. I know this. But I am not willing that 2 be the product of the addition. So I willingly add 1 and 1 and unwillingly get 2. Explain your logic here.

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The important point on this issue is that Adam freely chose to sin and disobey God, as God is not the author of sin and evil!
    He made the provision to handl the Fall in the Cross of Jesus before that event even happened!

4. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You have done neither.

I note desperate attempts to 'prove' that God inventing and causing man to Sin is as bad as God creating a world where sin is possible, and permitting/allowing/not preventing it from happening.

Scripture-wise and logically, God is not responsible for preventing men from committing evil of their own accord. So permitting or not preventing evil or sin does not make Him the author.

In short, preventing evil is not an absolute moral imperative.

Now, please vote. Or engage in more sideshows...tells me more actually than your voting

5. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Vote,defend your choice, then engage in sideshows

6. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No side show at all. There is no answer. "Impossible to know" is also no answer because the question itself is invalid. It is like saying, hypothetically, if 1+1 does not equal 2, then does it equal 3,4 or 5. The poll itself reflects poor logic.

Again, no side show at all. I am asking you to defend your "logic". I understand you do not accept my explanation of why it is flawed, and I can accept that - BUT it is not logical for you to simply say "nope, you are wrong" as if we were children in the back seat teasing each other.

I made an assertion. I asserted that your logic is flawed because you affirm that God knew for certain that Adam would sin in the Garden, you affirm that knowing this God put Adam in the Garden, you indicate God acted willingly, yet you inconsistently claim that God was unwilling that Adam sin. This is not logic, it is theological presupposition.

And until the time comes when you can address what I have presented, it stands. You can hide from the conclusion, but it is still there. I "proved" your logic inconsistent. And it stands until you show otherwise.

7. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Slideshows.

How is it inconsistent?
    It is only inconsistent if you assume God not willing something means it can't/must not occur.

'If God does not Will, it can't happen.
    If it happens,God willed it'
    Manufactured circular reasoning cum 'logic':Roflmao

Vote

8. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God allowed the Fal lto happen, as he had already detrmined the Cross o fChrist would be the way to brining the end greater glory and good out from it!

9. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I take your reply to mean you cannot defend your reasoning so you make a show of my belief none of the poll choices are adequate.

But, on the chance you find the intellectual integrity to substantiate your claims, I will ask once again.

You affirm that God knew for certain that Adam, when placed in the Garden, would sin. You confirm that God knew this before putting Adam in the Garden. And you confirm that God, knowing Adam would sin, planted the Garden (with that tree), took Adam and put Adam there (Adam didn't find it himself), yet God was not willing for Adam to sin. I think your logic is inconsistent. Can you defend your logic?

If I am unwilling for water to come out of the tap, and I know for certain that by pulling the handle water will flow, then my pulling the handle is a logical impossibility. Either there is a greater motive or reason (in which case I am willing to allow for water as it satisfies my greater desire) or I will never pull the handle.

10. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Side shows.
    Umpteenth analogy. Why not deal with the actual event?

Give your 'adequate' answer outside the poll. Do I need to repeat the question?

11. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Vote

12. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure. If God never decreed (actively willed)/ordained (permissively willed) that the Fall occur then it would be impossible that God would have created man knowing this would be the result. There are two logical conclusions. Either God did not know (Open Theism) or God did not create man (Atheism).

Now back to you error. Have you worked out a defense yet?

13. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Clarify. Did God decree or permit the Fall?

The dizzying frequency with which these terms are interchanged amuses me hence my asking. Calvin (not you @JonC ) reckons it was decreed as per your definition. He was categorical that mere permission was fiction.

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tha is a debate among the calvinists, but either answer would fit the biblical narrative!

15. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I don't care for Calvinists and @JonC is not a Calvinist.

Vote, substantiate, then vent

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you see Calvinists as being Christians then?

17. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. Do you see Arminians as Christians?

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot, as thereis no way the Fall was not determined/allowed by God, so Adam woul always have fell!

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, just Christians confused on Sotierology!

20. Agent47 Active Member
    Site Supporter

What if