1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured If you say thithing is a command ....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Jul 6, 2013.

1. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

:love2::love2::love2:

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

I would say yah (yea) to scriptures and nah (no) to man.

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

still denying Psalm 68-4 I see :thumbsup::thumbsup:

its HIS word you read his NAME is YAH !!!

BTW John is the one that said you are a LIAR not me--all you have to do is read his words in 1st John chapter 2--if anyone truly wants to see what it says--im just posting what the Apostle said. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are deceived if you believe that Psalm 68:4 is in the NT.
    In asserting that it is, you are calling John a liar.

5. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

why not answer the question---do you deny the NAME of YAH in psalm 68-4 ???

6. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

We must come to the logical conclusion that the Judaizer is a liar, for he has admitted previously that he does not keep His commandments.

We also have seen him bear false witness against many of us on more than one occasion and in more than one thread.

For the Judaizer...

Acts 15:10 Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?

7. Steadfast Fred

Why not answer the question --- do you deny the name of Jesus in Acts 4:10? Do you deny that the Word of God says that is the only name whereby we must be saved in Acts 4:12?

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I deny that it is in the NT.
    I deny that it is not written in the Greek language.
    It is not the name of Jesus, by which you are saved.
    If you believe on the name of YAH, or even Yeshua, to be saved rather than the name of Jesus, you cannot be saved. You serve a different God

9. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you are perverting the scripture with your ignorance friend--I think all you who have any light what so ever can see this !!!!

10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

pls post the post where I said I don't keep his commandments---YOU are the one who said such foolishness !!!

anyone that goes back and looks at the former posts in Keeping his Commandments thread can see this same thing !!!

11. Steadfast Fred

In the thread, "Departing from the Faith", you made the following statement...

In that statement you are saying that you do not do animal sacrifices.

The Word of God says that one who follows the Law must continue in all things written in the Law to do them.

Hate to break the news to you, Judaizer, but animal sacrifices are written in the Law. And because you place yourself in the Law, you must obey all things written in the Law.

If you do not, as John so succinctly pointed out, you are a liar.

In saying that animal sacrifices no longer apply, you have admitted to us you do not keep the Law. Paul said if you place yourself under the Law, all things written in the Law apply... even the animal sacrifices!

... and yes, even the sin offerings still apply to the one who would subject himself to the Law.

The one who places himself under the Law cannot rely on Christ's offering of Himself for sin once for all. He must give animals to the Aaronic Priests for the sin sacrifice as is written in the Law. He must continue in ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE LAW TO DO THEM.

So, when was the last time you took a sin offering to an Aaronic Priest as the Law commands you, Judaizer?

#91 Steadfast Fred, Jul 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2013
  12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You don't keep the "commandments" and you know you don't.
    I have already demonstrated that, but you just wouldn't admit it.
    It is this type of post that you won't answer. See if you answer it this time.

Deuteronomy 22:11 Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, as of woollen and linen together.

Do you wear all of one type of clothing from head to foot?
    Or do you have some polyester/wool or other type of mixture in your clothing?
    Or perhaps you wear some articles made of cotton and some of wool or some of polyester?
    In the law it is written that all your clothing must be of one type of cloth--all of it. Or you have broken the law.
    Do you keep the law? Do you keep this command in particular?

13. Steadfast Fred

As I pointed out, his saying that animal sacrifices and sin offerings do not apply proves that he does not keep the commandments.

They are written in the Law and must be observed by anyone who places themselves in subjection to any part of the Law.

Judaizer's can act self-righteous and pious all they want; they can condescendingly accuse those of us who have trusted Jesus Christ as our means of Salvation; they can pray within themselves saying they are not like us.

But the facts are, in their self-righteous and judgmental attitudes, neither are they like Christ.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What testament are the Psalms in?

What testament were you asked to show proof of the name of "Yah"?

15. RLBosley

RLBosley Active Member

All this talking huh? And you clearly have nothing to refute it. It's is a theological fact that the Mosaic Law is abolished in the cross. It is no longer the governing rule for God's people, and in fact according to Paul in Galatians it is to revert back to paganism if you try to obey the Mosaic Law.

Regarding the commands the JESUS wants us to keep:

And He said to him, " 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.' ... "The second is like it, 'YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.' [Mat 22:37, 39 NASB]

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. [Jhn 13:34 NASB]

Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. [Gal 6:2 NASB]

Love God and love others! That is the commandments instituted by JESUS. That is the law of Christ, and that is the law the church is under. Not the Mosaic covenant.

And here is the thing, we cannot on our own live up to these commands. It requires the supernatural working of God in our hearts from regeneration to even be able to live up to His commands. That is the whole point of the New Covenant!

"Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, ... "But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days," declares the LORD, "I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. "They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them," declares the LORD, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more." [Jer 31:31, 33-34 NASB]

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Precisely. You can't chop up the Law at will and say this doesn't apply but this does! “CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT ABIDE BY ALL THINGS WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF THE LAW, TO PERFORM THEM.”

I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what happened to enslave the pour soul in such a way. It's sad really. :tear:

16. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

I would add, that from the vantage point of the ancient hebrew the Mosaic law was

1. Relationship: The sacrificial system was the means at that time of "right relationship" to God

2. Separation: It was a mark of separation from the "other nations" and "their gods"

3. Missional: The law, and Israels adherence to it was "supposed" to draw the other nations to the worship of YHWH.

17. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

you people still have no clue what I have said---that's what is sad :love2:

18. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

I have never tithed

New covenant givng is "free will giving"

19. Steadfast Fred

The only one who has no clue... Is you.

How about giving us your Baptist Church telephone number so we can call your pastor to see if he subscribes to the nonsense you are teaching here?.