1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Ifb evangelists

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Jan 8, 2015.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably because I am TYPING on my iPhone and can't look up scriptures and cite them for you. But when I get to my Mac I will post some tonight or tomorrow. There are DOZENS of verses to support LS I just can't figure how anyone can miss them. I study the bible in depth and find LS well supported in scripture. The reason I cite MacArthur is that he has done an EXCELLENT job in his book Faith Works defending LS. He lists dozens of scriptures. This is not te opinion of a man written to make a profit but in the bible.

Those of you that think Mac invented LS are as ignorant as a goat! Plenty before Mac emphasized it going back to the Bible.

Stay tuned I will post verses when I get to a real keyboard.

2. Jordan Kurecki

Jordan Kurecki Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen.:applause::applause::applause:

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Heretical?????

4. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ok listen to me, stop reading Mac, and other books, find the so called passages that you think teach salvation by Lordship of Christ, read them, and consider their context, don't look at any commentaries, and pray, and tell if you still believe it teaches LS.

Also be reminded that discipleship does not equal salvation. your reading that into the word if you do that.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Luke 13:1 There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.

2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?

3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?

This is in an OT setting. IOW Christ had not yet died yet and was preaching the same message of repentance that John the Baptist was. Compare this to both the message in the book of Acts and especially what is taught in the epistles. It is very different.

Secondly, the situation is very different. These were Jews who thought they were very different, and very much better than all others in the world. If the tower of Siloam fell on 18 people and killed them then they deserved it. It was a judgement of God. That was their attitude.

The answer of Jesus was to warn them and tell them it wasn't so. They weren't any different then those of Siloam. If they didn't repent (of this attitude especially) they also would perish. It was a warning to them about their attitude of superiority over others. Yes, all needed repentance, but these especially in judging others compared to their air of superiority.
    Repentance is a change of mind. They needed a change of mind in their thinking of others, in their thinking towards God.

6. Jordan Kurecki

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes and you will damn people's souls if you they think they have to submit to Christ in every area in order to be saved.

You cannot tell a sinner that he must be willing to stop sinning to be saved, he knows he cannot do that, and you will damn people to hell if you go around teaching that, and if you say that they must be willing to make Christ Lord of their life that is most likely what they are going to think you mean.

Souls are in the balance here Evan, and I implore you to study up on this, lest ye be found to be a cause of misdirecting and leading dear precious souls astray.

The only way a sinner will get saved is by placing their faith in Christ, not by making a conscious effort to make Christ the Lord and being obedient. A person must become a new creature by faith in Christ before they can learn to be obedient.

also what about babes in Christ? ever seen someone who just got saved? they do not make Christ Lord of every area of their life.

is Christ Lord of every area of your life?

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "In order to receive Jesus Christ as Lord, you must repent of your sins and put your trust in Jesus Christ alone, as the only hope of eternal life, the Bible says."

So the lack of Jesus as Lord and repentance are in the eye of the beholder because they are not lacking in the actual track.

8. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you studied the Bible half as much as you read all these books you should be able to at least give a Reference to these Dozens of Verse you are talking about. You don't even have to list a dozen just 2 or 3 would at least get the ball rolling, instead of telling people to go out, buy a book and read it. (And yes I actually do have Faith Works it's on my MacArthur shelf.) I think its absolutly counterproductive to site books as your authority when debating Biblical Truths. First of all it is a logical fallacy, and second and more important of all underminds Sola Scriptura. Scripture is our authority and the only authority everyone on here is going to agree is an absolute authority.

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spot on, Blessedwife318!

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Two items in comment:

1. You should have bought an Android phone. I can open multiple windows in its browser. :laugh:

2. Has MacArthur made money off of book sales?

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Stop reading David Cloud and other KJVO types and think for yourself. How can the KJVO position be biblical?

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

LS does not teach that people do not sin, nor does it teach that men are submitted in every area. It simply teaches that it's a process.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You have the book on you? Then whip it out and post 3 verses he uses. I can't recall at this time.

14. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I'm not going to do that, I'm not going to do your work for you. Besides you should not need Mac's book to post Scripture, or to at least know the references to back up an idea you are arguing for.

15. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 Cor 5:17 the HS just reminded me of. LS teaches that true converts turn from sin and submit to his lordship. This does not happen overnight but it's a process.

Oh yeah Mac made up that verse and by being reminded of it from his book I am following the teachings of a man. Hogwash. The scripture is the authority and God gifts the church with gifted men to teach.

16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Luke 13:3 and 2 Cor 5:17 are two verses

John 10:27 is a key one

#56 evangelist6589, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2015
  17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You are afraid of scripture and too bent on your baptist traditions to be challenged by scripture.

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Expect comments about the irony of this post...

19. blessedwife318

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come
    2 Cor 2:17 ESV

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Is there a rabbit at your door?