1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I'm sure my denomination is closer to the truth than..."

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Jack Matthews, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

2. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

Folks, if you want to confirm for yourselves that what I have said is true, get a copy of Rotherham's Emphasized Bible, the most literal translation ever produced and the truest to the original Greek meanings of words. As I have mentioned, for example, every time other translations say "baptize", this Bible says "immerse" because that is what the original Greek meant. The same is true of "aion/aionios" as meaning "age" and "age-abiding". Those who libel me would gleefully accept the rendering of "baptize"as "immerse" made by this translation but reject the rendering of "age" and "age-abiding" that it makes. This is not only inconsistent; it is hypocritical, as well.

If you doubt what I have said, research it; this is a very reliable translation based on accepted manuscript sources.

Rotherham stated his purpose and goal as: "placing the reader of the present time in as good a position as that occupied by the reader of the first century for understanding the Apostolic Writings."

This is a literal, word-by-word translation; as such, the English syntax can be somewhat awkward in places, but this text lets you know exactly the import of what the Greek original said and meant. As a linguist and someone who is interested in the truth of God and not man, this is vitally important to me.

As I have said earlier and will repeat: When Jesus spoke of God's judgment upon the wicked, he did so with words that implied a limited, corrective punishment. Specifically, he referred to divine judgment as aionios kolasis, meaning age-long chastisement. So, the irrefutable truth is this: The Bible makes clear that the purpose of hell or suffering is not to torture people, but to cause them to learn from their mistakes and grow closer to perfection. Divine judgment is reformative, not vindictive. Again, the word used in the original Greek New Testament is kolasis, which means a beneficial chastening such as a gardener prunes a vine to remove dead vegetation and make it grow more fruitfully.

Now, all the Zoroastrian Christians can plead for their eternal frying pans for souls all they wish, but that will not change the truth one iota. They claim to be defending the teachings of Jesus, but that is a lie -- they are corrupting those teachings with false interpretations and dishonoring the Lord they claim to serve. That is the truth.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

4. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

#104 Michael Wrenn, Dec 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You mean to say that if a man is right in one are then that makes him perfect and right in ALL areas?? I have heard better logic than that!
    One of the most dangerous things a person can do is to place his theology in an opinionated translation of the Bible. This is one man's opinion of how the Bible should be translated. It is not inspired. He is fallible. To stake your doctrine on this one man's translation is foolish. Besides that, there are other versions that have similar translations. It is not a new thing; simply liberal doctrine.
    No, he never did. Hell, everlasting torment, forever and ever, where the worm dieth not and the fires are not quenched, who shall be tormented day and night forever and ever; all speak of eternal damnation of the wicked without any correction possible. You have to prove your case, not your opinion.
    There is no such thing as "age-long chastisement".
    Prove your case, not your opinion. Don't post opinion as fact.
    There is nothing there that is irrefutable. Statements like that are plain lies. You should be ashamed.
    A good example of that is when God told the Israelites to go in and kill all the Caananites, right? Their deaths reformed them, right?
    You can't randomly quote words out of their context. Give Scripture. Words out of context don't mean a thing.
    This is totally slanderous and uncalled for. If anyone deserved an infraction it would be you for this name-calling and directing it to all those on the board.

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

7. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter