1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured I'm too dogmatic!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Amen.:thumbs:

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs:

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would agree, spiritual leading is not tyranny. But we see in Scripture that the man has been put in that position, not for the purpose of tyranny, but because God has made him the one who is held responsible for his family.

That's my take on it anyway.

And you are right, the love we have for our spouses should, of all relationships we have, be an expression replicating that of Christ's love. That we would without second thought lay down our very lives for her. I would. Many times over if necessary. She is one of the best pictures of Christ that I know. She inspires me and is the grinding stone that has been slowly rubbing away at the rough edges I have, lol. She is the perfect corollary and I can't help but think that the Lord put her in my life for that very purpose.

I almost married a girl from the Assemblies of God. Introduced by a Preacher friend of mine, we hit it off, and even went on a missions trip together.

I was willing to overlook the differences, and I think that this is understandable in relationships. Unequal yoking does not mean we cannot marry Christians with different views. I had no doubts but that she was a believer who understood Christ died for her, and on the essentials we were in agreement.

So I can understand how some might get married with different views, I think that happens sometimes, and likely it is when both may not yet understand just how big a part those differences will play in the relationship.

And it is just a truth: you don't really know a person until...after your married.

Which for me has been a blessing, because I love my wife more today than when we were dating, and can appreciate her more than I did when I decided to marry her.

God bless.

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I rule my home at Her Majesty's pleasure. :laugh:

5. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I would not.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Exactly she is very determined. They are good people at the church. However we disagree on soteriology.

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Maybe maybe not I am not sure.

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He won't. IFB BJU types think they are the best and other churches are wrong.

9. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Every belief has a system. A free will preacher will always preach from two view points when confronting the lost. God loves everyone and Christ died for everyone. A sovereign grace preacher will preach when confronting the lost, God does not owe you anything and if God does not choose to show you mercy and grace he will show you justice in hell. If God never shows you just how a polluted, wicked wretch you are He will leave you in your self righteousness to go to hell. You see Christ came to save sinners, those that not only saw themselves as sinners in the day of their salvation but continually see themselves in themselves as sinners deserving hell. Paul saw himself as the chief of sinners even after he was saved. Daniel said, for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption. After that the Lord appeared unto Job and spoke to him in the forty second chapter he lost that good opinion of himself he once held in chapter 27:6 but said, I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now my eyes seeth thee, Wherefore I abhor myself and repent in dust and ashes.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you and your pastor are identical in that regards (and rightly so). I agree with your theology much of the time, but your pastor does not (from what you've said). It would be like me joining a Methodist congregation and expecting them to let me teach Baptist doctrine. Just keep in mind that the way you feel about that church's doctrine is the way that they probably feel about yours. They may indeed be wrong...but they were there before you and will be reluctant to invite your opinion.

I think that your outspokenness and confrontational approach in regards to theoretical issues, secondary matters, and debatable theology may have your pastor concerned. There are many on this board who are teachers and preachers. I believe that some would be asked to resign if their conduct here were made public. I know Calvinists who teach non-Calvinists each week (and vise versa). The key is that they are able to separate their understanding of how things may fit together from Scripture itself. When you do teach (and I'm sure that you will get the opportunity at some point) you need to not lean on your own understanding but teach the Word of God.

Just take care of yourself and your family (be the spiritual leader of your family, stay in the Word, pray,.... I think you'll be amazed at how God uses you. I've told you before, I admire your heart for evangelism.

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Oh who cares as I no longer do about teaching. I am a street evangelist and open air preacher. There I can be confrontational. Would he endorse me? Probably not. I don't care anyways. His approach to evangelism and ministry is never to offend anyone. That's not what Jesus did.

12. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not my point. I wonder if he would rather be rid of you. At least if he knew your struggle w/ the church and your wife, do you think he would give you his blessing to look for other churches? That might help convince your wife to leave. Worth a shot.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I am only upset with their soteriology. This week for example we had a creation seminar and I agreed with 100% of it.

No he would not be rid of us due to their view on separation. You need to better educate yourself about the Bob Jones IFB churches.

14. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So that's what BJU stands for, lol.

Didn't know that.

God bless.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bob....Jim....whatever it takes.

16. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could care less about a BJU IFB church. I am beginning to feel less and less sorry for your plight. I'm trying to give you some advice, but now I feel like the one casting pearls before swine. Feel free to wallow in your church unable to serve. And while you're at it, keep letting your wife lead the family. If divorce is even in your vocabulary, there are some major problems.

Good on ya, sir.

17. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.bju.edu

Try going to one of their churches. They view themselves as the best, and churches that disagree with their view on music, and or separation are second class. No way in the world would they endorse one of them.

18. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you do not understand the situation I am in, and or think your advice will work when you do not know my situation. Darrell pretty much hit the nail on the head earlier.

I would NOT say I cannot serve as I assisted in doing a church mailing and am helping with a evangelism event they are coordinating in June. Its just at the moment I cannot teach.

#78 evangelist6589, May 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2015
  19. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Yeah, but I don't recall Jesus telling the disciples that He planned on being confrontational. There is a time to confront people about their sins, but you can't lose sight of God's love.

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you have any evidence that I do not preach God's love on the streets? Have you heard me preach? If not you have no leg to stand on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.