1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured In what area's of life should disciples of Christ be concerned with?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by CalTech, May 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have provided some Scriptures supporting my views, and @Darrell C has provided lots of views in support of our views. My main point with the JWs is to point out that just because one group or person shares a view with you doesn't mean you agree with everything they say. So what if I agree with Graham or Sproul on some views? Our views must line up with Scripture or they are wrong. The problem comes down to interpretation. We can look at the same Scriptures, and come away with completely different interpretations. You believe the passages you quoted say we must not be involved with the affairs of this world, and I disagree with your view.

Neither of us are likely to change our views on this topic. No problem. Each of us must follow his own convictions. May the Lord bless you as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's wrong with debate?

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Will a Christian police officer unload his gun into someone because they have no fear of God and value the sanctity of life?

Watched a little bit of a documentary about Flint, Michigan, and one of the police officers pastors two churches. These are men and women trying to help a community that Satan has completely trodden down. Even among unbelievers there is a call to duty that derives out of God's internal witness in all men that seeks to help, not hurt. We are better off having born-again believers in those roles.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is far too many Christians are concerned with the affairs of this world. Jesus taught of this danger with the seeds that fell among the bushes, which grew up and choked the plant.

5. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I have to come understand that I can not support any teacher/pastor that has major doctrinal falsities, even though they may have some true teaching. It is the true teaching that can entrap the "babes in Christ" and take them on the wrong path of Righteousness, because then they will "trust" those who have truth, but will end up stumbling due to the false teaching.
    So when the Lord's word teaches me along with the Apostles, not to keep company with false teacher's and heretic's, nor to have any type of "evil associations", I have learned the hard way to obey those instructions for my good, and the good of other's.

My "convictions" come from the Holy Spirit printing the Lord's Truth and ways upon the tablets of my heart. One can have a natural "conviction" but it does not mean it is the God Honorable conviction that comes from the Holy Spirit.
    Oh I agree with you regarding "interpretation" especially when one may be utilizing a bible version that is not the best.
    Or it's of a fleshly interpretation, however those can be dealt with when reading God's word in Context.

No regarding the "affairs of this world" you disagree with my views. However they are NOT my views, I only guide my life and the decisions according as the Lord has taught me......
    So your views are your views, they are not the Lord's views........and He will reveal that at His Judgement seat for the believer's, for obedience brings forth the fruit He desires, if they do not then those works will be burned but the believer saved by fire.

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love....

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

One can be a citizen of America and of heaven, and fulfill both obligations!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure they can. And they do. Bring saved does not mean people are sinless.

8. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For me, any teacher / pastor that does not stray from the core Christian doctrines (Man is Sinful; Trinity; Christ the only Way for Salvation, etc.) is okay. Differences regarding whether we should get involved in politics, views on the "End Times", Arminianism vs Calvinism - are interesting to discuss, but they don't affect how our salvation nor our daily walk with Christ.

My convictions also come from the Holy Spirit and are guided by Scripture. I am fully convinced of my views just as you are fully convinced of yours. From the way you phrased your final statements, you must be hearing from the Lord while I am just stuck with my own view. How would you react if we turned that statement around? Something I learned a long time ago is this: The Scriptures are inspired, but our views are not. I could be wrong, but so could you.

#128 Lodic, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
  9. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

Well the Lord has something to say about that, which goes against your fleshly logic......

Pro 28:5 Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    1Co 2:15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.

1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

The Lord bless you and grant you understanding of His ways and not of man's vain imagination's. For our "flesh" is enmity against the Lord, for it takes the Holy Spirit to change our hearts and our minds. When He plants the truth upon our hearts, then are we able to walk in the ways of the Lord......
    IN His Love....

10. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

No, they can not, they may "think" they are free to do as they "think" but the Lord's word teaches otherwise. Now if they build upon a false foundation, as Paul wrote, they will suffer loss, for anything that is done by the flesh is not acceptable, and as Wood, hay and stubble, it shall be burnt, but the believer saved as if by fire. Anything which is unctioned by the Holy Spirit by the will of God will bring forth fruit to the Glory of God, and shall be honored.

1Co_3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
    2Ti_2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

The Lord bless you....
    In His Love.....

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was kinda being polite to @JesusFan (which may not have been completely honest of me).

You are right, though. Anybody who sets his hand to the plow and looks back is not fit for the kingdom.

We live in a "Christian" culture that wants Christ as an addition.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning -
    This will be closed no sooner than 1 am EDT (Sat) / 10 pm PDT (Fri)

13. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

This Thread will be closed is that what you are saying?
    And if so may I ask why? I am hoping it's for a Godly Biblical reason. When there have been threads open longer than this.
    I would like to know, thank you so much.

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love..........

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Threads are closed around 130 posts. The discussion can continue in a new thread.

This helps things keep on topic (to an extent). It also helps focus on whatever the thread became if it strays. And...when multiple issues arise it allows the thread to be split into several new ones.

It has nothing to do with the topic.

That said, there are times I wish they could continue longer. But it is no big deal to start a new one.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But Jon - do we have a Godly Biblical reason for doing this??

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.