1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured In what area's of life should disciples of Christ be concerned with?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by CalTech, May 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings,

To those who are in support of Sproul, Billy Graham and other's of such mindset, I will not discuss your views on this topic,nor any other, because favoring such men, only reveals your mindset, therefore will affect your views of the Lord's Word and His Apostles....

I desire not to be friends with such persons......
    Thank you....
    Lord bless you....
    In His Love.....

#101 CalTech, May 19, 2022
    Last edited: May 19, 2022
  2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since my request to fix the post went unanswered, I have made my own original quote blue to distinguish from the response of the antagonist.

You seem offended to me, and that was never my intent. I simply wanted to do what a thread is designed to do, discuss the issues involved.

In regard to R.C. Sproul, I love the guy, and think he had a great mind. But—I reject quite a bit of what he taught. The reason for the quote is that it is very true.

As far as "Your false accusations have no place within me, those who accuse other's of being in denial and false are those who are the ones guilty of such practices," as I mentioned before, it might be a good idea to practice what you preach.

In other words, consider carefully whether your statement has any application in your own heart. You are the one making accusations and accusing others of being in denial. I have addressed every word you have said, and every point in detail. I will let the public record stand.

Oh, I see: you will cling tightly to what you believe.

Good idea to leave some room for growth in there somewhere, Cal.

It's obvious you are offended. Hence the name-calling, emotion, and desertion of your thread (and yes, that is a goad intended to keep you in the "fight," lol).

Oops, there I go having fun again, offending your religion (dern, I did it again!).

;)

Well of course your truth is the Lord's Way.

Why, I might even believe that if you had Scripture to support it, could address my error, and show how my Biblical presentation that supports my view is in error.

But I'm funny that way: I think a Biblical view should have a little Bible to go along with it, and that it doesn't conflict with the broader teachings of Scripture.

Again, I offer you friendship, and the chance to reasonably discuss our differences, that is what forums like this are intended for. Any time you want to discuss this further just let me know.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

The Lord NEVER stated stop being a soldier, just do the right thing, the Lord has appointed Christians men and women into position of"secular authority", and we can and should]d exercise our rights as Americans to vote or anything else as long as does not conflict with God Kingdom, as Paul MANY times used his Roman rights to assist His ministry!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent point!

God bless.

5. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

The only soldier we are to be is His Heavenly Spiritual soldier's, testifying of His Forgiveness of sins to a fallen and sinful world. Not in any place in the New Testament did our Lord or the Apostles ever teach such things. The Lord has NOT placed any appointed Christian men/women to position's of secular authority. If they are in such authority, the Lord did not place them there it was from their own imagination, because it is not supported by scripture.

Paul, yes, he used his Roman Citizenship as a legal basis for him to not be chained, however Paul never used his ministry for any such "Worldly secular authority". Paul only served the Lord and for His Kingdom, to teach the Lord's Spiritual children, what His ways are, that are acceptable unto Him and Him alone......not to any man made imaginative vision's or callings......

So you are confused about the Lord's will, that is obvious.

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love....

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Darrell C :
    My friend, I'll make one more reply, as I've no desire to debate or answer your posts point-by-point.
    That is not something I'm here to do.

What I am here to do is to point out what and why I believe what I do from God's word.
    To me, there is no direct link between the rise of anti-Christ doctrine and policy, and the failure of professing Christians to voice their beliefs.

The cause of the visible church's problems is a direct result of the end times in which we live...
    False brethren who populate the visible churches and who do not have the Holy Ghost indwelling them.

In other words,
    "Tares" and false teachers that have been increasingly sown in the Lord's "field" and who fall away from the truth, are the cause of doctrinal impurity and willful disobedience to the Lord's commands in the churches.

As for public morality, Rome was as bad, if not worse, than present-day America is, for example.
    Christians there could no more stop the fall of the Roman Empire than we can the fall of America or any other nation.
    They rise, and they fall, and that is the way of things.
    We are here to occupy until He comes, and not much else except to pray for the leaders of the countries that we are "sojourning" in, and preach the Gospel and edify one another until the time of His coming.

That said, I wish you well,
    and again, May God bless you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. JesusFan

The same Lord was in the OT having just wars waged for His cause, correct?

8. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

It was only for the establishment of Israel's Kingdom among the pagan nations, to prove God was to be feared, and reveal His Majesty among the nations.
    And that is all. Nothing God did with Israel for Israel is meant for the His Children within the New Testament, because the "kingdom of the USA" can not be used in the same context. Nor was it ever meant to be.
    The Lord's Kingdom is not of this world/earth......but a Heavenly kingdom.

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love

9. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    By that reasoning, Christians would never have participated in the Revolutionary War - which would have left out the very devout Christian General Washington. Yet, God granted victory to 13 weak colonies against the greatest military might of the 18th century. Hmmm - history shows your view may be wrong. By your reasoning, Christians should never have fought to have slavery outlawed in the U.S. Is this really the world you would condemn us to?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I have one thing to say, George Washington was not a Born-again Christian, he was a high Mason. Light does not have fellowship with Darkness.
    That's all.......

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love.....

11. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Setting aside whether or not Washington was a true disciple of Christ, you didn't answer my question. Obviously, if God was not with the 13 Colonies, the Revolution would have failed completely. Just as Hezekiah had to implore God's help against Syria's superior forces in Isaiah 37, Christians had to seek God for victory. What about the righteous fight - in Congress and on the battlefield - to end slavery? Would you condemn those slaves to remain as such, or would you not do everything possible to free them? Why would you not do everything possible to stop abortion?

Honestly, your condemnation of Christians who choose to be involved in politics, voting, the military, etc. seems to have more in common with Jehovah's Witnesses than any Christians I know. Does that mean that you have fellowship with Darkness? Are you "unequally yoked" with Jehovah's Witnesses because you hold similar views?

#111 Lodic, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  12. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I will not be baited into a debate.
    I also have not condemned anyone. Well if you can put Washington aside after proclaiming him a "Christian", then the following so-called "questions", shall not be answered accept with scriptures.

Mat_6:10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
    Mat_26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Joh 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

2Ti 2:4 No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.

1Co 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;
    1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
    1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
    1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
    1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
    1Co 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
    1Co 3:18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
    1Co 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
    1Co 3:20 And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
    1Co 3:21 Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours;

1Th 5:15 See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
    2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
    2Ti 2:21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

The Lord's Word makes it very clear, His Kingdom is NOT of this world, the ways and wisdom of this world has no place to be found in the Mind of His believer's and their activities.
    Your argument is with the Lord, His Word has the final say.

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love......

13. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I apologize for accusing you of condemnation. That was not fair of me. I should have simply stated that I disagree with your interpretation of those Scriptures.

Second, I am not trying to bait you into a debate. However, you still haven't answered my questions. Let's forget about General Washington, and get back to the main question. Should Christians have been involved with the Revolutionary War? The Civil War? WWI or WWII? Should Christians have left slavery as the law of the land, or was it just and proper to fight to end it?

Earlier you stated that you would not discuss your views with those who support Sproul, Graham, et al. because favoring such men reveals our mindset. However, you have not answered when I point out that your views on topic of whether we should be involved in the military, politics, etc. are very similar to what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. You can't have it both ways. Why is it okay for you to have views that are the same as a cult, but I can't have views that line up with Carmen, Billy Graham, and R.C. Sproul?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, we are to be light in this world. Professing Christians not voicing their beliefs is, in my view, voicing their beliefs. How does Salty's tag go? "If you are silent you have spoken"? I believe that is a very true principle.

We see the interaction of the Apostles with the governing bodies of their day. When those governing bodies tried to silence their voice (and that is what the Liberal Agenda and the Democratic Mafia are trying to do) they stood against and spoke louder, lol.

The push to censor is preparing a world that will fall right into the hands of Antichrist.

Not really, it isn't. We have it far easier than the Apostles and the early Church. We have (for now) the freedom to preach and teach the Gospel without fear of ostracism, incarceration, or death. Not everyone today has that.

We have been in the end times since the Church began at Pentecost. But we are still commanded to follow those teachings, exhortations, and commands given us through the instruction of the Apostles and Christ. And the example of the Apostles and Christ we are given to follow are those of believers being proactive in regards to the Gospel. We are to disregard the warnings and commands of men when they try to force on us things that are counter to our beliefs.

We can't do that if we remain silent.

They've been around since day one. Look at Simon (Acts 8): he wanted power, not the Gospel. Look at Hymenaeus and Philetus: they were false teachers, teaching the resurrection (which I think the resurrection of the Rapture was what they were saying had already come) had already happened (1 Timothy 1:20 and 1 Timothy 2:17).

And we have been given instructions as to how we handle that. We be on the lookout for them, and when we identify them—we deal with them with the Word of God.

This is the field: the world. Guess where the wheat is: the world.

The reaping takes place at the end of this Age when the tares are gathered and burned. While we aren't to uproot the tares, it still illustrates where we are.

Matthew 3:11-12 King James Version

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance. but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Two baptisms that represent the two resurrections: one unto everlasting life, and one unto everlasting damnation/judgment.

As far as doctrinal purity goes, the failure is to be found with the Body herself. Granted those "that rule over us" have the lion's share of guilt, but that doesn't excuse the individual believer. The Writer of Hebrews rebukes those he writes to because they are ignorant of the first principles, and have need that they be taught them again, rather than where they should be—understanding the Doctrine of Christ that has been given them in a more complete understanding.

Continued...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's beginning to become a debatable issue, unfortunately. But as it has already been mentioned, the Body of Christ is the minority. This heightens our responsibility in a dead and dying world.

And what is pretty obvious, Dave, is that it is to the world that Paul and the Apostles went. That is how they started churches. Corinth is a good example of what Paul was dealing with. Peter, dealing with the Jews and their governing body had his hands full as well.

I'm not sure what trying to stop the fall of either Rome or America has to do with it.

I am not trying to save America, I am trying to save unborn children with my opposition to the murderous hearts that advocate it. And voting is one easy way for my voice to be heard in this present-day Sodom and Gomorrha.

Many view America as "a Christian Nation," I do not. I understand that there is always a many/few ratio between the lost and saved, whether they go to church or not.

But, as I said before, one thing that cannot be denied is that this country was founded by God-fearing men and women, and while I view many of them to be woefully ignorant of the Gospel, they still fashioned this country as people who did in fact believe in God and that there were consequences to sin. Now, it seems those calling themselves "Christian" have in large part lost any fear of God. They do not view their actions as sin, but as their personal rights.

Why?

Why is it that divorce is okay today in the minds of most Americans? Why is it that homosexuality is accepted by most Americans—even in many of its so-called "churches?"

Because the Liberal Agenda has convinced people that if you call sin sin—you're an intolerant hater.

And if you speak out against it there's something wrong with you.

But that's what the Apostles did. THat is what Stephen was doing when he was stoned to death.

I agree, but can I suggest to you that having a country to live in where the Gospel is not going to be hindered by the governing body—is a good thing?

That as Christians we should, if we can, try to ensure that continues?

On the contrary, we are not simply to occupy. That is a principle seen in the parable of the talents. That guy "occupied" in a way he was not meant to.

Look at the word "occupy" and see if it means sitting around on our laurels.

We are to be about the business of the Lord, and what is it that the Lord wants us to do? Bury our talent? Hide our light under a basket?

And you, Dave.

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JesusFan

Do you include those of us who like RC Sproul, Dr MacArthur, Spurgeon, et all in that also?

• Like Like x 1
  17. JesusFan

So its always wring to be a Christian cop, soldier, leader etc?

• Like Like x 1
  18. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

I have used the scriptures to give my response to your earthly and fleshly reasoning re: all the War's, Slavery, etc. I have no associations with JWitnesses. they are evil, deny the Lord Jesus Christ and His Divinity, and the Holy Spirit. I don't care what they feel about this or that.....I pay no attention to those who are of the Anti-Christ Spirit.

I can not help if you do not like my response, but that is all you shall receive.
    Thank you....
    The Lord bless you......
    In His Love.

19. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Greetings,
    Spurgeon, is the only one from your list I do read, his devotional "Morning & Evening", and even with that I "try the Spirit' and discern his teachings, as a good Berean should.

The other's I would not allow any of their teaching or beliefs within my house, my ears, or mind.

The Lord has taught me to walk in the Light as He is in the Light..........I follow no man.......except Jesus Christ and His Apostles.

The Lord bless you....
    In His Love......

20. CalTech

CalTech Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Greetings,

According to the Lord and the Apostles teaching.......yes, I believe they err through ignorance and unbelief.........due to the false teachings of church leader's.....

The Lord bless you.....
    In His Love....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.