1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Indiana GOP Leaders Shocked Their 'Religious Freedom' Law Is Seen As Anti-Gay

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know what your idea of facts and probabilities are: the fact that blacks commit more homicides has "nothing to do with the likelihood of blacks to commit homicide," but you have stated that Republicans hate or care nothing about minorities. yet admit that you know of no such study which indicates such.

[​IMG]

It didn't go to Jesus patronizing the crooked moneychangers, but instead driving them out with a whip and knocking over their tables with animals for sale. It didn't go to Peter patting Simon the Sorcerer on the head, but instead announcing a curse upon him. Are you amazed at those?

He has to do something to run a successful business.

What if that 'something else' is "Heil Hitler?" The question is: does he have to business at all with the guy. Obviously, "love your enemies" does not apply to Jews, who, by the scriptures they know, are not required or expected to do that.

Like the moneychangers or Simon the sorcerer? Why don't we serve bin Laden and the isis filth by converting as they demand?

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It doesn't unless you don't understand probability which apparently a lot of folks throwing out "likelihood"stats don't.
    First of all, where did I state any such thing? I'm pretty good about claiming what I have said. I don't need you to make up stuff.

Nice try. But they were defiling the temple. He loved them enough to attempt to drive them out.

Why would I be amazed at this either? It's in Scripture. It doesn't excuse you from loving your neighbor.

He doesn't have to run a business.

Tell him you don't put that on cakes for anyone either.

He doesn't if he doesn't want to. But it's a stupid move if you want to be in business.

Whether or not they believe the totality of Scripture is irrelevant. My love your enemies comment was in reference to how Christians should be responding.

Because God hasn't asked you to disobey Him to serve someone else. And your sorcerist and moneychanger examples don't in any way discount love.

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My degree is in Mathematical Sciences- Statistics option. And statistical analyses based on past observations-- methods or machines that produce the best, or poorest, products; the factors which make a productive pro quarterback, like intelligence, arm strength, spiraling, accurate throws; the ancestral line of a racehorse-- are accurate in predicting the odds of success or failure in future events.

Your quote: "They aren't taught that anymore than the GOP is taught to hate black people."

And if 2 people are defiling God's creation of marriage-- which Jesus said is "a man shall leave his father and his mother and cleave to his wife, and they two shall be one flesh"-- shall we love them enough to drive them out?

And it proves driving someone out or pronouncing a curse upon someone does not violate this loving-- unless Jesus didn't love and Peter didn't love.

And Paul didn't have to make tents. Or preach the gospel.

And I have given you some scriptural examples of how the founding Christians did respond.

Even though it's repetition, if the sorcerer and moneychangers examples "don't discount love," pronouncing a curse and driving defilers out do not discount love. You say serve them, and Jesus and Peter did not do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.