1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is Christine Ford credible?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I keep hearing this over and over. "She came off very credible." Um how? Are we judging just by demeanor? Since when do we do that? Don't we listen to the story and all the details and weigh its believability? Do we just gage the witnesse's emoting?

I'm in the minority. I did not think she sounded credible. No one knows for sure, but judging by the testimony, Kavanaugh is much more credible. Hundreds of times more credible. Below is a list of things that undermine Ford's credibility.

From Nolte on Breitbart.
    • She has aligned herself with the far-left.
    • She straight-up lied about being afraid to fly.
    • She said she wanted anonymity but continually reached out to the far-left Washington Post.
    • Her polygraph is a farce.
    • Her story has been carefully weaved into a Kafka-esque nightmare no man (even with detailed calendars) can ever escape from.
    • Every single one of her witnesses refutes her story — has no memory of the gathering in question or says it doesn’t happen, and this includes a lifelong friend.
    • Her team was so desperate to have The Woman Who Wants Anonymity to testify publicly, they turned down the opportunity to have her questioned in private at her home in California — and then lied about it.
    • Ford’s therapist’s notes from 2012 also refute here tale, even as the media and Democrats try to gaslight us into believing the opposite. Ford originally claimed four boys tried to rape her when she was in her late teens in the mid-eighties. Now she says it was one rapist and one bystander when she was 15 in the early eighties.
    • Ford refused to give her therapist’s notes to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
    • In the statement she wrote out in her farce of a polygraph test, Ford crossed out “early 80’s” so it would only read “80’s.”
    • Ford told the Committee the “primary impact” of the event occurred during the “four years after” it happened. She goes on to say, “I struggled academically. I struggled very much in Chapel Hill and in College. When I was 17 I went off to college, I had a very hard time.” Note how she skips over two whole years, her junior and senior years in high school; the two school years directly after the attack (unless it did indeed happen in her late teens).
    • To later confirm the event did in fact happen in 1982, Ford told the Committee she was able to pin it down to 1982 because she remembered she did not yet have her drivers’ license. But… she also says she doesn’t remember how she got to or from the house party, so how does she know she didn’t drive herself?
    • Ford also used Mark Judge’s Safeway job to confirm the 1982 timeline. She testified she saw him working there 6-8 weeks after the attack. She could not yet drive, so her mother drove her there, but for some bizarre reason Ford and her mother entered the Safeway using different doors. (And now mom can’t confirm this happened!)
    • Five times during her testimony she mentioned Safeway to verify the date. How could she know such a thing unless it really happened? Well, in his memoir (which began circulating online among Kavanaugh critics in the week before Ford’s testimony) Judge helpfully reveals he was working at the “local supermarket” during the “summer before senior year.”
    • In summation: On top of all four of her own witnesses refuting her allegations against Kavanaugh, so too do the notes taken by her own therapist. (Margot Cleveland’s tweet thread was indispensable for much of this — you will want to readit all.)

[FONT=verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Also from another BB writer:
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, Arial, sans-serif]
    • In a suburban home in Maryland there was no downstairs bathroom?
    • She didn’t hear two very drunk and belligerent boys try to sneak up on her?
    • Why was music already on in a room no one was using?
    • Wouldn’t blasting the music ensure someone came upstairs to see what was going on, especially whoever’s house it was? This is completely counterintuitive to criminal behavior.
    • After she locked herself in the bathroom, Brett and Mark didn’t try to get at her? Didn’t jiggle the doorknob? Didn’t try to claim they were kidding? All tuned up for a rape, they just gave up and went downstairs like nothing happened?
    • She left without telling her best friend?
    • She left without WARNING her friend there were two rapists in the house?
    • No one asked why she was leaving or found it strange enough to ask her the following day why she just vanished from the party?
    • She can remember how many beers she had (one) but not whose house she was in, how she got home, the date, the place, how many people were there (sometimes it’s 4, or 5 or 6), or anything solid?
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=verdana, Arial, sans-serif][/FONT]

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    She is either making the whole thing up or she was accosted by two other men. Sometimes this "repressed" memory business is very suspect. Even when a victim is "100% sure", the victim might be wrong.

This was reflected in a story shared by Glenn Beck of a woman at a news conference who was 100% sure the man she identified as her rapist was the guy. She "had studied him carefully", every bit of his face and other pertinent information and in the end a DNA test proved she was wrong.

Mrs. Ford does not have any corroborating evidence, there are no pictures or witnesses to the attack, in fact any witnesses who have come forward say in Judge Kavenaugh's defense that it never happened.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I work right next to a former NYPD SVU detective. I asked him what he thought about the whole thing and he said they wouldn't even pursue the accusations because there is nothing there. She doesn't remember time, place, people, situations, etc. AND her "witnesses" don't corroborate her story. Her best friend at the time even denies knowing Judge Kavanaugh!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She'll be convicted for her lies. She's been a black hat CIA operative for years. Her father was a big shot with the CIA back in the day.

Everything will come out about her and her 'support team" of the fringe left.

President Trump is right about this supplemental FBI review --it's a blessing in disguise.

All this deference to her is nauseating.

5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. Her claims do not pass "the rules of evidence." You can tell by listening to her that she is mentally ill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, the FBI can be trusted to go against the deep state in this case and bring out the truth?

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She's lying about a lot of things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that she is mentally ill, also.

Her testimony has been refuted 100%.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So then why is every conservative pundit on Fox saying she's credible? Hannity, Wallace (no surprise), even Lou Dobbs, even Piro, Tucker, everyone! The only honest pundit who I could find saying she was not credible and likely lying was good ol Candace Owens.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Murdochs are moving left. Secondly, the GOP did a bad job. Thirdly, they don't know much about trials.

Ford has been refuted 100%.

11. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I consider her story incredible due to its extreme lack of detail coupled with a complete lack of corroboration from supposed witnesses. I see no good reason to believe such a lone story.

I agree with much of what you mentioned, but the demeanor of a witness can play a significant part. For example, in admitting her blatant lie, she seemed unabashed, grinning and excusing it. She made it clear she finds it quite easy to lie, and amusing, even with the seriousness of the situation. Fail.

Given her level of education and experience, her additional claim to not understand their offer of a more convenient setting for her testimony makes it a Complete Fail.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. The agents would have to be handpicked by those who know they are not deep state. I do not know how that would be accomplished.

13. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ford lied about needing time to drive from California because she had already flown to Delaware and was not in California.

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    In large part, her testimony seems credible because of the emotion already cited. The president himself said she was credible and compelling. It would not be politically wise for a man to say she was not credible just based on observations mentioned here, especially with a supplemental FBI investigation in the works.

It was fine for a female pundit to say she did not find Ford credible, especially someone as gracious and poised as Candace. Sarah Sanders did a great job of keeping it in balance by saying she would not want any of her children, male or female, to be convicted by accusation, that a determination should be made on facts in evidence. The likelihood of evidence in favor of Ford seems remote at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, not all of them. Check out this clip where Lisa Boothe and Joe diGenova both find her testimony not credible. Lisa starts out by citing the need to look at the facts (@ 10:32, right after they call out Comey).

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If this is serious and true, why did DiFi sit on it for two months instead of calling the police right away and stopping the confirmation process immediately? Did DiFi find Ford credible? Why are Ford's parents silent?

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just started listening a minute ago. Not a whole minute into her testimony, and I see her "tearful" speech is an act. It's just like the amateur on Law and Order telling the cops about her trauma, keeping a sustained and even level on the high pitched scratchiness throughout her speech.

No one fighting emotion talks that way.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She should come to me for acting lessons.

19. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't imagine that is her natural voice. It's called vocal fry and I have been critical of it for years. It's become a popular way of talking among some young people, although she's not in that category. One 24 year old woman I know speaks in this matter and it makes me wince. I had spoken to a friend two months ago about this phenomena. He had heard it a number of times but didn't have a term for it. When he heard parts of Ford's testimony. He said he instantly thought of me and our conversation about this tick. That manner of speaking is very annoying.

Notice how often she smiled, as if enjoying being the center of attention?

For someone supposedly coming from academia she sure came off as a ditz.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

They are being politically correct. They just can't come out and say she's a ditz.

• Agree Agree x 1