1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is EVEN The Faith To Believe A Gift From/Of God?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Sep 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

To your two "c" revelations I add two more...they are my "four c's"...creation, conscience, circumstances (Acts 17:26-27, and the desire for ceaseless existence (immortality, Ecc. 3:11)

This is clearly God reaching out to man first, providing him with everything needed to truly seek Him, and condemning those who reject His grace.

2. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Not necessarily. The bible is not perfectly clear on this point, so I do believe there isn't a perfect answer. However, it does seem to reveal that there is some level of "blood on the hands" of messengers who are disobedient, which seems to indicate that disobedience might be the cause of why some 'groups' don't hear the gospel. Either way, I trust God is just in dealing with men's response to whatever light they have received, whether "general" or "special."
    Matthew 11:21:
    "Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! If the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

You know what this verse indicates to me?
    1) That God is not obligated to give the same level of revelation to all people. If they have the creation/conscience/circumstances they have what is sufficient to respond to that level of revelation and thus are without excuse.

2) More light can have an effect. People's natural condition doesn't prevent them from being persuaded by more light (as Calvinism's dogma indicates). So, the more revelation, the better...but that doesn't mean its necessary for a response or in any way deserved.

Make sense?

3. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I understand your position better now, thank you.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Unless you believe as I do, that death = separation, look at what you posted, as your own belief:

Death = live ("spirit is alive)

Seems like a contradiction to me.
    Now this is confusing!!

You believe that an unsaved person (spiritually dead) dies (is physically dead), and will someday stand before God (at the Second Death) where Death and Hell will be cast into the Lake of fire. So this thrice dead person will be alive in an eternal hell.

At the same time you believe that a new born baby, having a depraved nature, is dead and will remain spiritually dead, totally depraved, unable to obey God's command to repent, because he has no life in him. A person who has died three times is alive. A person who has never been died is dead already. I wouldn't want to hear you explaining the plan of salvation to the unsaved.

5. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Difference here is that the Infant would be 'covered" by the Grace of the Cross until Age when God would consider Him to be personally accountible for his sins!

saints and sinners BOTh have the 'same" life from god in them, its just that the spirtual side of the saint has been allow/enabled to now have established a personal connection/relationship to God...

sinners have JUST physical body, and a living spirit that is 'blind: to knowing God ina saving fashion!

#105 JesusFan, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
  6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So God enables every person's dead spirit to be just enough alive to be blind.

Yes, makes perfect sense.... :BangHead:

7. JesusFan

Again, ALL people have a physical/spiritual 'component" to them, being made in image of God...

just that the spirit side of sinners does see/know/realise etc, just 'blind" umanle to recogize and perceive god as theur savious UNLESS God enables that!

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How does a dead person realize anything? We are seeing first hand the consequences of believing total inability.

9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    6But she that liveth in pleasure is dead while she liveth

looks like Paul did not have a problem with it:thumbs:

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Of course this is speaking of being physically alive while spiritually dead...not spiritually dead while spiritually alive (slightly) and spiritually blind.

You are right, Paul had no problem with such error ;)

11. JesusFan

[
    You are right, Paul had no problem with such error ;)[/QUOTE]

easy way to see this would be that sinners would 'see" except are color blind to color red! And the Cross of jesus covered by that!

sainst are those sinners whom God grants them 'spiritually" glasses rto see also the red!

#111 JesusFan, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
  12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Dead people aren't color blind if you equate spiritual death with spiritual inability.

13. JesusFan

Their spitually inability to come to God in a saving fashion on their own is the directly caused by the fact their spiritually natures no longer 'register" the person of God naturally...

14. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

:confused:

15. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not sure if it has been mentioned since we are on page 12, but I think Phil 1:29 is pretty clear:

For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.