Is man restricted to his own Nature?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by MB, Dec 1, 2017.

1. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don't. It was an ignorant Semi-Pelagian who coined the term "total inability."

Total Depravity refers to the totality of man, body, soul, and spirit.

What you are talking about is "free will." Man is free to choose, but the lost man hates God, is the enemy of God, rejects God, thinks the Gospel is foolish, he can't understand it. He not only can't, he doesn't want to and won't love, accept, believe and repent.

2. Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    see, you just look to cause trouble! I was NOT comparing myself to anyone, but stated the fact that there are times when we have to say things, that may cause offense to some, as the Gospel Message is just that!

3. Saved-By-Grace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now, this is more nonsense! I know many unsaved who do NOT hate God, or "enemies" of God. Sure they are deceived and lost, but that does not mean that they are enemies of God! You guys with your warped "theology", sure to put-off people by your, hard, unloving language! I was 20 when I was saved, and I never did hate God at any time!

4. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have read where ISAIAH compares at the time rebellious Israel as filthy rags.

Same chapter he says:
    Isaiah 64
    5You meet him who rejoices in doing righteousness,
    Who remembers You in Your ways.

By virtue of the same flawed theological logic, God rejoices in everyone! just because Isaiah mentions it.

By all means show me the verse where GOD says everyone is a filthy rag .

To state a person deserves hell equates to you believing that God should be insulted for an eternity.

5. Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You make allot of assumptions...1st do you even know what the Westminster Confessions even is and who adheres to them? Certainly not Baptists! As a side note, I keep hearing in the innermost recess of my mind the Jethro Tull song “thick as a brick”...don’t be that!

6. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think his book is inspired but the bible isn't?

Anyone with an IQ greater than his hat size knows God does not ordain all things in a decretal manner.

Here are the decrees of God from the bible. (Not from some confused guy's book).

Psa 2:7 I will tell of the decree. Yahweh said to me, “You are my son. Today I have become your father.

Psa 148:6 He has also established them forever and ever. He has made a decree which will not pass away.

Isa 28:22 Now therefore don’t be scoffers, lest your bonds be made strong; for I have heard a decree of destruction from the Lord, Yahweh of Armies, on the whole earth.

Jer 5:22 Don’t you fear me?’ says Yahweh ‘Won’t you tremble at my presence, who have placed the sand for the bound of the sea, by a perpetual decree, that it can’t pass it? Though its waves toss themselves, yet they can’t prevail. Though they roar, they still can’t pass over it.’

Dan 4:24 “This is the interpretation, O king, and it is the decree of the Most High, which has come on my lord the king:

Show me in that list where God decreed sin?

Throw away your stupid book and just trust the bible.

7. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand Ref. IMO Labels are a necessary evil.

All they really do is warn folks of each others territorial boundaries. We are a territorial race we humans and we go to war to protect whats in our domain. religion certainly no exception.

And some of that is (or has become) an unfortunate necessity to protect ourselves and those to whom Christ has given to us to guard.

My own labels: Christian, Trinitarian, Baptist, progressive dispensationalist, Mugwump (Truly undecided about C/A)

That's enough. Head is spinning now (figuratively speaking).

HankD

8. Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take two Alka-Seltzer and call me in the morning.

9. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, Duh! You mean it finally sunk in? God does not and did not and will not ordain sin. Period.

10. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I never brought up her hypocrisy--> "Name calling and assaulting a person's character is uncharitable"

Of which total depravity and deserving to go to hell is the paramount uncharitable insult that can be brought forth against anyone.

There is no name calling or assault of character WORST, nothing that holds a candle then being told you worth nothing and deserve hell,

I'm all ears if you got assault or name calling thats worst, please give an example.

Acts 10

28And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean.

I flat out show you a verse against your stance.^

Its hypocrisy.

"I would provide the scriptures that have been cited previously but it's folly to do so because you will not read or interact with them in an honest manner."

You won't provide scripture because you don't have any.

Not saying you are,
    A chicken will always cop out, always relies on deception, always a liar.

I love all scripture and would gladly go word for word to what it says. Quite confidently NOTHING supports your position.

The idea that a person DESERVES to actively sin against God is satanic in origin.

11. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK Doc.

:Biggrin

HankD

12. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You effectively said "Because Jesus did it I can do it too." Just own up to it.

13. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does an Anglican/Presbyterian confession have to do with Baptists?

14. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the bible is lying when it says we love Him because He FIRST loved us? And it is lying when it says in Romans 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be?

Wow. You just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper. :(

15. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RE: Hating God
    For this reason, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to show us that we hated Him.

We are/were unaware of it. else there is no need for a revelation of a Savior.

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
    8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
    9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

To believe not on Jesus Christ is to hate God and be the recipient of His wrath.

John 3
    36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 8:12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

HankD

16. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul and peter both quoted Isaiah though, and agreed with him that we are in sin, do not seek God, and will die in our sins!

17. Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe in "Total Inability."

Do you?

18. Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please forgive my ignorance. I no longer believe in Total Inability.

I'll stick with TULIP!

19. TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I prefer TULEP. The "E" stands for Efficacious Grace. (God's Grace ALWAYS accomplishes exactly what He intended it to accomplish.)

It may be atrocious spelling, but it is good theology! :D:D:D

20. Mr. Davis Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is sin and evil in His Permissive Will?