1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Nurse from Maine Selfish or Selfless?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Oct 30, 2014.

?
  1. No ....

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. Yes ...

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. No opinion ....

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. My view is ....

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The breakdown in Texas had nothing to do with the "administration" though. It had to do with a Texas hospital that didn't follow protocols. They will eventually have to answer for their ineptitude.

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

From Newsmax:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Comprehensive vs. Confused

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/27/ebola-christie-cuomo-quinn-pentagon/18022791/

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

A big thing to remember is that the military is still getting paid while quarantined, while a quarantine will prevent a civilian from getting paid. It's much more of a hardship on them.

And whatever has been in place, just ask yourself the question, "How many cases have there been?" If you are critical of the CDC's handling of this, yet it doesn't become an epidemic, then you're wrong and they DO know more than you.

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Confusion from CDC:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/18/cdc-thomas-frieden-ebola_n_6006002.html

CDC Chief Faulted Over Confusing Ebola Messages

Talk about confusing

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/brittany-m-hughes/cdc-you-can-give-can-t-get-ebola-bus

CDC: You Can Give—But Can’t Get—Ebola on a Bus
    October 15, 2014 - 2:26 PM

6. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Not to mention it takes close to 21 days to just get deployed people home!! Well, maybe not that long but it took my brother 12 days to get home from the Middle East just two years ago.

And I don't believe it is all military but just Army who is under this order.

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not to rain on your good point parade, but if the government declares Eminent Domain on your property, you will more than likely lose money plus face the inconvenience of having to move, which is an added expense, too!

If you are called to Jury Duty ... the pay does not come anywhere near to matching what you lose, and I know most employers do not pay their people when they are summoned to the jury. And even though they can't lose their job if serving on a jury, their employer could lay them off once they get back and find another minimum wage, warm bodied individual sitting in your chair!

I have seen it done, the laying off after jury duty.

I mention these, because they are just two things the government can mandate a citizen to do, so quarantine is not really that much different if it means protecting the public!

With that said, it is beginning to look like quarantines are not going to be necessary, as poeple are coming off these without any symptoms to mention!

God bless and thanks for your dedicated service to America! I salute you brother and ask the Lord always keep a hedge around you to protect and keep you safe for your family and loved ones!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.