1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is Salvation Accepting Jesus Into My Heart?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Piper, Sep 8, 2023.

1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What you talking about is based on the doctrines of men.

2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that those that hold to a false gospel should actually trust what the bible says.

A person actually trusting in God so that the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in them is biblical.

Act_8:37 If you believe with all your heart

Rom_10:13-14 whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved

Eph 1:13 In Him...after you heard...the gospel...having believed, you were sealed

And the reason we can say this is because

Rom 1:16 the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes

We see this illustrated when Christ was speaking to the Church of Laodicea. Notice that Christ will come in to anyone that responds to Him.

Rev_3:20 If anyone hears My voice and opens the door

We see this in various texts.

Eph_3:17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith

Col_1:27 which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Rom_8:10 if Christ is in you

So it would seems that you need to reevaluate your theological position. But I doubt that you will.

3. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh you of little faith. Did you not read post # 85

But the bible does imply that idea:
    Rom_10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

Gal 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

1Co_3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Rom_8:9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

When we believe in and confess Christ Jesus then the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in us. So we do ask Christ into our heart.

But I do agree that if one can not provide any scripture to support their view it logically means their view is suspect. But did you notice that @Brightfame52 did not provide any scripture as support so your right he looses to use your words. Thanks for playing.

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep saying this but scripture says you are wrong. But I have noticed that scripture shows you to be wrong over and over.

5. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, it's an implication and men created a term for the implication. It is therefore a man-made term.

I know you think man is the ruler and God his humble servant so I understand what you are attempting. I can find atheists who quote scripture and say it implies something.

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It did not say that.
    In Hebrews 4:12, it is God's word that is alive and gives life.
    ". . . For the word of God is quick, and powerful, . . ." In Romans 1:16 states, ". . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . ." It is the hearing of God's word which which precedes faith, Romans 10:17, ". . . So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. . . ." There is no regeneration without hearing God's life giving word.

9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    The things you saying arent scripture, but the faulty reasoning of men.

10. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it doesnt even imply it, you are teaching the doctrines of men.

11. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regeneration precedes hearing spiritually, for Jesus said one must be of God, as in Born of God, to hear [spiritually] His Word Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

And one is not of God until they are regenerated by the Spirit

So you can forget about Faith before you are regenerated.

12. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep saying the same thing over and over like a broken record. Are you denying that those verses are in scripture.

Those that hold to a false gospel should actually trust what the bible says.

A person actually trusting in God so that the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in them is biblical.

Act_8:37 If you believe with all your heart

Rom_10:13-14 whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved

Eph 1:13 In Him...after you heard...the gospel...having believed, you were sealed

And the reason we can say this is because

Rom 1:16 the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes

We see this illustrated when Christ was speaking to the Church of Laodicea. Notice that Christ will come in to anyone that responds to Him.

Rev_3:20 If anyone hears My voice and opens the door

We see this in various texts.

Eph_3:17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith

Col_1:27 which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

All you ever do is deny scripture but then it comes down to your personal opinion so you are trusting in yourself rather than the word of God.

Rom_8:10 if Christ is in you

So it would seems that you need to reevaluate your theological position. But I doubt that you will.

13. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well since God expects man make real choices and you do not, I will stick with what God says. As for a man made theology you should look in a mirror to see who follows it.

14. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF it is quite clear that you have blinded yourself to the truth of scripture when you deny what is clearly found in scripture.

15. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of courseI keep saying it since you keep saying it or implying it.

16. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Friend you have been deceived.

17. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 4:12 is about God's word acting like a cyber knife scalpel, cutting away the sin that so easily entangles us (Hebrews 12). It is for those who believe.

Could Lazerus have gotten up and walked out of the tomb without Jesus first saying "Lazerus come forth!"? No, he couldn't have. Neither can we hear the gospel and believe without God calling to us and saying "@37818 come forth. Come to life."

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John 10:26-28, ". . . But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. . . ." God solely regenerates His sheep.

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's word precedes regeneration and faith. God solely regenerates His sheep. 1 John 5:9-13.

20. taisto

taisto Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you realize I agree with these verses. They speak to God calling our name before we are brought from death to life.

• Useful Useful x 1