1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Is The Eternal Sonship of Jesus Christ Biblical? Part 3

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by SavedByGrace, Sep 29, 2020.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who in the days of his flesh, having offered up both supplications and entreaties to him who was able to save him out of death, with strong crying and tears; (and having been heard because of his piety;) Heb 5:7 Darby

Is that the Word of Truth and was it absolutely necessary for eternal salvation?

Darby V 9 and having been perfected, became to all them that obey him, author of eternal salvation;

Was it absolutely necessary for, having been perfected?

2. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Elaborate a little on endless life.

But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. Heb 2:9 NIV
    Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. Rom 2:9
    Acts 13:34 'And that He did raise him up out of the dead, no more to return to corruption, he hath said thus -- I will give to you the faithful kindnesses of David;

Was there ever a pause in that endless death?

What does only begotten, imply? Who, what, how does it modify in both John 1:14, and in18 where Son is added?

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    These are mysteries. Now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face. He became weak enough to die, but death could not hold Him ( Acts of the Apostles 2:24 ). And that's all I can say about that. Contemplating the Trinity is profitable to inspire awe and wonder, but you'll never get your mind around it. Not in this life.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe I said that. He is the eternal Son.