Is This a Government Regulation You Agree With?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by InTheLight, May 8, 2019.

1. Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AARP is not your friend, unless you happen to agree with their politics. I don’t.

2. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are Communists.

3. Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like antibiotics? Imagine the super bugs we would have if people had unlimited access.

4. MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And yet, we still have "superbugs" . . . Once again nanny state. Just imagine if we allowed anyone to own a gun?!!!

Of course, this guy is far better qualified to stop "superbugs".

Even if you want the nanny state, and it seems like you really want it, there are still tons of drugs which neither possibly creates "superbugs" nor causes addiction and are only obtainable through a script.

Hmm, where are you likely to see these "superbugs". I know! In Countries with lax regulations on antibiotics! No, no, that not right. Hmm. . . . hospitals with absurd prices and tons of regulation over antibiotics!? Wow, makes you wonder . . .

I can get tons of antibiotics for my chickens without a script . . . but as every classical theist knows chickens >> humans.

But it's not like diseases and possible superbugs ever jump from chickens to humans, right? Umm, wait, . . . diseases jump from chickens to humans all the time . . .

5. church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dislike pharmaceutical commercials but I don't think that the federal government can dictate the contents of the commercial as long as the medial information is accurate.

During the Great Depression, FDR attacked Eli Lilly in Indianapolis over the price of insulin which was then about 15 cents a day. Lilly pioneered the manufacture of that medicine and saved many lives. However, there was a general gentlemen's agreement that a certain percentage would be added to costs in order to determine price. So the other manufacturers of insulin were charging more or less the same price. FDR called that price fixing. Lily ended up paying several thousand dollars to the federal government for something that they really had not done but it was cheaper to pay the fine than fight the case in Washington DC. FDR was dirty that way.

Trump needs to forget about it.

6. Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just another case of where I do not agree with Mr. Trump 100%.
    Yet the libs think I virtually virtually worship the man.

Now, here is the thing - they basically did worship Mr. Obama

I know this is off topic a bit - just wanted to get it off my chest.