Is Wayne Grudem Right?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by AndyMartin, May 25, 2017.

1. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They have no love of God, or any love for that matter.

1033 We cannot be united with God unless we freely choose to love him. But we cannot love God if we sin gravely against him, against our neighbor or against ourselves: "He who does not love remains in death. Anyone who hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him."612 Our Lord warns us that we shall be separated from him if we fail to meet the serious needs of the poor and the little ones who are his brethren.613 To die in mortal sin without repenting and accepting God's merciful love means remaining separated from him for ever by our own free choice. This state of definitive self-exclusion from communion with God and the blessed is called "hell."

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We stand condemned before holy God right when we were born!

3. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Utilyan, you ignore Romans 3, Romans 6 and a myriad of passages, which have been shown to you adnaseum. Your ignorance is truly impressive, however.

4. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Really, you're going to rely on the flawed teachings of Rome as your source? I just keep rolling my eyes at your blind, deaf and dumb spirit, utilyan.

5. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"9What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. 10As it is written:"

Sorry I hear the matter of concluding whether a Jew is a superior to a Greek and a very only JEWISH charge and spouting of JEWISH work PSALMS who condemns Jews in that point of the plot and later exults them and praises them later.

I do not see Paul becoming instant POPE nor a church agreeing to make brand new STUPID doctrine of total depravity.

That comes later when the doctrine appears in the Manichean

PAUL IS QUOTING PSALMS, fact Calvinist can't comprehend.

Psalms also says:

3Know that the LORD Himself is God;
    It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
    We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.

So I guess the entire world is peachy with God.

Leave it to the genius of a Calvinist to ignore the meaning word ALL every time its mentioned but then shove it romans 3.

Paul is not adding anything to psalms. You don't quote psalms for a case of total depravity.

And even the Jews today would LAUGH AT YOU if you think they are Calvinist.

6. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What is your point? I imagine you as "Old Yeller" in the throes of going rabid.

7. utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The point is psalms doesn't apply to all people all times if it did then you have the positives to contend with.

Romans 3 was to only conclude whether Jews were superior to gentiles.

8. MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are a jester with the scriptures. I blame it on the Roman church.