Issues Raised in the "Another Republican Lost" Thread

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Bible-boy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Bible-boy Active Member

Below are some quotes from a thread regarding GOP candidate Goode from VA. The original poster of the thread requested that it be closed after making several false and unfounded accusations against the members BB who happen to disagree with him on political and social issues. I am sorry but as a Moderator here on the BB I can not in good conscience allow those false and unfounded accusations to stand unchallenged. The material was posted in an open forum and then left in a closed, but still viewable, thread for all to see. Therefore, I am responding in this open public thread.

I am sorry but whether you care to admit it or not when you vote for a candidate who openly supports and works to advance the pro-abortion agenda you have by default cast your vote in favor of the pro-abortion agenda. Your stated personal convictions on the abortion issue do not line up with your chosen course of action (i.e. how you voted). Your actions outweigh your words. So the two senarios (the Goode issue and the abortion issue) you have suggested are not at all similar and do not make a valid comparison.

You mean like the time you falsely accused your fellow BB posters, who happen to be conservatives, of hating sinners so much so that they refuse to witness to them or invite them to church? Or how about the time you falsely accused John McCain of being responsible for the fire on the USS Forrestal? You could not, and did not, produce one single piece if evidence from a primary source that backed your accusation. On the other hand I provided the official US Navy history of the USS Forrestal, the story of the fire from the USS Forrestal’s Crew Association’s website, and other first-hand accounts from eye witnesses that disproved your accusation. To this day you have neither apologized nor retracted either of these false accusations. So let’s climb down off of that moral high horse you are attempting to ride here.

Because this particular GOP guy’s (Goode) views do not in fact represent those of the vast majority of Republicans. This can and has been easily confirmed. However, when addressing the abortion issue, pro-abortion politicians, and how one votes, I am sorry but whether you care to admit it or not when you vote for a candidate who openly supports and works to advance the pro-abortion agenda you have by default cast your vote in favor of the pro-abortion agenda. Your stated personal convictions on the abortion issue do not line up with your chosen course of action (i.e. how you voted). Your actions outweigh your words.

This quoted material has said nothing wrong. BTW if you are going to quote someone please provide the direct quote using the poster’s name and a link to where it may be found. Regarding your question see my response to JustChristian and repeated to you just above.

The false accusation you made and what carpro and Curtis reacted to was that the GOP said that Obama was a Muslim. That is completely false. The GOP never said any such thing. Now some posters here on the BB may well have made that charge. However, they are not the GOP and I and several other conservative posters pointed out the error of their claims by posting quotes and links to Obama’s interview with the Chicago Sun-Times where he said he was/is a Christian and talked extensively about his faith. So your charge here is groundless.

Perhaps the reaction you are experiencing is due to the conviction of the Holy Spirit over the error of your thinking on this issue? Likewise, I will say to you the same thing I said to Jim. That poster’s signature specifically addresses Obama. It does not mention you or any other poster on the board. No one has called you an atheist or any other name in that regard. Likewise, if you have a personal problem with that poster’s signature line you need to address it in private with her, as Matt. 18:15 instructs, and not wave your laundry in public for all to see.

2. Bible-boy Active Member

According to the long established rules of civil debate you will first have to provide evidence, with sources and links, that establish each of those charges. Until then they are unfounded at best or out right lies at worst.

3. JustChristian New Member

No I don't and no they aren't.

4. Bible-boy Active Member

You are right you do not have to do anything. However, your failure to do so exposes you for what you are with respect to the false statements you have made here.

5. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hang in there, brother. Just because right-wingers dominate this forum, by and large, is no reason to allow them to attempt to bully the rest of us by claiming what we must do to satisfy them.

6. windcatcher New Member

This is an insulting statement and lie: Where in Republican law or policy has it shown itself as against helping the poor: leaving them without medical care: murdering innocent Iraqi women and children?

If your talking about war..... it took bipartisan approval which included the Democrat votes to pass! All war has its casualties, innocents which aren't part of the conflict and aren't the intended target. What about our own Americans who get caught in the cross fires? Friendly fire casualties and deaths? Reporters, medics, and chaplans, red cross personnel, whoes duties sometimes involve them in dangerous places where they are unintentional victims of war. I don't think you can prove that it is a policy to kill the innocent any more than you can prove that just because the police in taking care of crime or serving a SWAT warrant upon a wrong address and killing little scared old ladies, do so with the intention of taking innocent lives: Unintentional and unfortunate incidents do happen, even under the peaceful conditions we enjoy here. Proving that this is a policy involves proving a pattern of application and intent, not just a sampling of unfortunate incidents.

As to the food for the poor: The food stamp program is still working. Some faith based charities are also providing food which reaches even the unqualified poor with the help of government funds to purchase food at bulk purchase rates and distribute it to those who can pay some, or who use food stamps, and the excess goes to soup kitchens for the poor and homeless. A republican president made this an issue.

As for medical care: While we'll always have budgetary problems regarding 'never enough money' to fund all the demand for services, Medicare still works for those who qualify: Medicaid, still covers those who qualify by disability, or who are pregnant, or for childrens medical for poor and uninsured families: Once again, faith based clinics with professional volunteers have sprung up to help meet the needs of the poor, uninsured, self-pay, and those which don't qualify under another program: True, medical care is often limited: but being able to see a practioner and get a generic or medication sample with enough doses to clear an infection, or a screening which will get one into a hospital for immediate and life saving attention....... is better than nothing. And our country has continued to give medical and food charities and helps to other countries. And you would say Republicans voted against this when republicans are involved in the initiation or the continuation of these programs? HOW DARE YOU!

7. moondg Member
    Site Supporter

So I guess you are against dropping a bomb and making a big hole in the ground over there and in about 200 years someone could move back in?

8. windcatcher New Member

Let me see if I get this right?

You request that 'right wingers' who you identify 'dominate this forum' give links and proof for their arguments or their arguments aren't valid: But your word and the word of your friend there is above the test of proof when posting to this board. Hypocrite!

If you feel such disharmony with the 'dominant' spirit of this board....... why do you even bother to 'fellowship' here? Methinks sometimes that this is really less about political idealogy and more of a character thing which prefers debate for debate sake........ Only you don't know the difference between debate.... which presents observations or proofs, and those of attacks, either personal or group.

Accusing a request for proof as bullying is a stupid excuse intended to close the discussion or incite attacks and addresses no intellectual contribution to reasonable discussion.

9. Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Repudiating liberal lies spewed by clones is a privilege on the BB. Thank God most here ARE conservative and god-fearing and not of the Clintonesque mentality.

I WAS a Democrat through the 1968 season (I was in Chicago that summer) and the conservative, godly voices trying to speak some sense into the Party were finally squashed. I consider them now the "unfruitful works of darkness".

10. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. So we are to understand that the only "intelligent" arguments are spewed forth by right-wingers, eh?

I wish right-wingers were half as smart as they think they are in their own eyes. :laugh:

11. Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Even then, they would still be smarter than liberals.

12. moondg Member
    Site Supporter

you know people that think they know everything, really make those of us that do angry. :laugh:

13. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only in your dreams, PL. :laugh:

14. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ain't that the truth. :laugh:

15. Magnetic Poles New Member

No more insulting or lying than calling people who voted for Presient-Elect Obama "baby killer" or "murderer".

16. Bible-boy Active Member

Yep here’s some real intelligent debate responses by some of our left leaning friends…

Followed by this exchange:

Admitting to posting foolishness.

Or scroll back up through this thread and see the “well thought out and reasoned responses" from our liberal friends. The next thing you know we'll be seeing posts like,

"Well, my daddy can beat up your daddy..." (and no I am not attacking anyone's dad, its just an example of the nonsense we see posted here).

17. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't hold your breath, MP. Since the right-wingers can't win debates intellectually all they have left is name calling.

18. Bible-boy Active Member

I am sorry but whether you care to admit it or not when you vote for a candidate who openly supports and works to advance the pro-abortion agenda you have by default cast your vote in favor of the pro-abortion agenda. Your stated personal convictions on the abortion issue do not line up with your chosen course of action (i.e. how you voted). Your actions outweigh your words.

If I say that I am against stealing in all forms, but I boost a guy up into a window so he can break into a house, but never enter the house, am I still not guilty as an accessory to the robbery? Notice my actions outweigh my words. The same principle applies when you vote a candidate into office who has stated that he will work to advance the pro-abortion agenda. You have voted to assist in the murder of the unborn.

19. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I apologize, Bible-boy. I shouldn't have posted that comment that you reference as foolishness..

20. KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you think that justifies some conservatives in calling fellow Christians on this board "murderers"?