I've Blashphemed the Holy Spirit. What now?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Tyler, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you had really done that, you would have NO concern over your spiritual state!

2. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be cold or hot. Either way, He may receive you. But don't halt between two opinions. If you've committed the sin, then you may as well sin willingly. Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you die.

3. Tyler New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're now the second person to assume that. I'm experiencing something that no one seems to understand no matter how much I try to explain it. I don't know if people are just not wanting to hear it or if they don't have a theological category for my experience so they reframe what I'm saying in another light. Either way, I'm seeking advice. If you think I'm attention grabbing or that I have nothing better to do with my time than post on here, please feel free to not comment.

4. canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand what you are saying and I think everyone that has offered you advice understands as well.

You are saying you were saved, in dwelt by Holy Spirit, and in close relationship with God. At some point, you turned from God and began to indulge in a particular, sinful addiction. The more you indulged in this addiction, the further from God you drifted. At some point, you believe God, Holy Spirit, departed from you.

You now believe you have lost your salvation and have committed the unforgivable sin because you have no desire to seek God and no remorse for continuous sinful acts.

You have come to the BB to get advice, but have rejected all advice by these Christian men and women out of hand.

If you are serious about this OP, you should take the time contemplate the very good advice you have been given.

I hope you find peace.

Peace to you

5. Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My advice is if you're on your way to hell anyway, make worth while. If you don't want to go that route, then mind your errand at the feet of Christ. Real assurance comes from the Spirit Romans 8:16 , not any man.

6. Jedidiah New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was once in your position. Or close to it at least. Now I'm doing fine.

Legalism is the cause of your problems. Read Romans 9:30-33. You're the Jew in this passage. You are trying to be saved by the works of the law (quitting sin by your own efforts). Not only is it impossible to be saved by works, but it is destroying your faith.

You feel guilty and condemned because your sins are not forgiven. You should feel peaceful. You need to trust in Jesus to forgive your sins, which will be a lot easier when you cease the legalism.

7. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand it perfectly, Tyler.
    I spent 25 years digging a very deep hole that He later showed me was already forgiven at the cross.

That's why I'm trying my level best to encourage you to focus on the Lord and His words, and not how you feel.;)

8. Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

[
    Yeah, I think I agree with the other guy. You're arguing, not really listening. Your comments don't seem to jive with others that are really concerned about this.

9. Tyler New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I appreciate it. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as though I'm not listening or being offensive. Not just to you but to everyone. You're posts over the last few months/year have been really encouraging. I do hear what you're saying. I'm just wrestling though this time ungracefully. Everything I'm experiencing regarding my spiritual situation seems to contradict everything I've stood on theologically and I'm discovering theological view points that validate this experience. It's just extremely discouraging and confusing trying to figure out which way is up now.

10. Tyler New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry if I'm coming off argumentative. I'm not intending to argue as much as have those making claims defeat my position. I really want to have security that the Lord has not abandoned me but I've always got a thought in the back of my head that speaks against the advice given. So my response is, "I hear what you're saying but what about this?" in hopes that that question can be dispelled as well. I do see how it can come off as argumentative and I apologize to everyone who I led to think that.

11. Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tyler,

Every believer goes through trials, tribulations, and tests of faith.
    Every believer stumbles into sin and they feel like failures and God corrects them for it.
    If He didn't, they wouldn't be His children.
    Please read Hebrews 12.

Then read Psalms 88.
    After that, I want you to read Psalms 89.
    In fact, spend a lot of time in the Psalms, Tyler.;)

Finally,
    Remember these:

" and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand." ( John 10:28 ).

" Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
    2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if [it were] not [so], I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
    3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also."
    ( John 14:1-3 ).

" [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." ( Hebrews 13:5 ).

Do you love Him?
    Then know that He loved you first ( 1 John 4:19 ).

May God bless you.:)