1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack Chick Publications a Fraud?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Walter, Aug 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In the 'Baptist Only Forum' the question is posed as to asking for evidence that Jack Chick Publications is fraudulent and giving false information in their tracts. Well, here is plenty of evidence. Unfortunately, my not being Baptist I was unable to present such evidence. Chick Publications is rabidly anti-Catholic and has produced tracts that have long been debunked. Does the 'end justify the means?'. Several Christian/evangelical bookstores have stopped carrying their tracts simply on their lies on 'Alberto Rivera'. Christianity Today exposed Chick Publications on several other false tracks besides the phony 'Alberto Rivera' series they produced to 'expose' the Catholic Church. I still find 'Jack Chick Tracks' scattered around laundromats, bus-stops and supermarket billboards with fundamentalist Baptist contracts stamped to the backs. Most people seem to deposit them where they belong in the trash. Would you circulate publications that have verified fraudulent evidence tied to them?

Jack Chick’s Anti-catholic Alberto Comic Book Is Exposed as a Fraud

2. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My objection to Chick tracts has more to do with how they present the Gospel, although God can use anything and anyone to bring a person to faith. Chick tracts are absolutely opposed to Roman Catholic theology, but then again, so are the majority of those on this board who claim to be Baptist. As to the veracity of Chick tracts criticisms of Roman Catholicism, I cannot offer an opinion. All I know is that it is the gospel that is the power of God unto salvation (Romans 1:16), not any man-made institution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The reason Chick is "Anti-Catholic" is because the RCC presents a false way of salvation.

So why are you unable to present an opinion on Chick?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So the end justifies the mean?? Not surprised here. Because you are 'convinced' that Rome presents a 'false-gospel', lies can be made- up to bring it down. Overwhelming evidence was presented that proved 'Alberto Rivera' was never an ordained Catholic priest or a Jesuit. He supposedly was given the task to target evangelicals and use whatever lies he wanted to present to slander them. Is this Ok with you? Chick ran the 'Alberto Rivera' series for years knowing full well he was a fraud and justified it with it's aim was to bring about destruction of 'Romanism'.

All still available through Chick Publications. And all proven to be fraudulent!

!
    Alberto Rivera

Chick.com: Alberto Series Comic Pack

Chick.com: Alberto Series Comic Pack

Salty, I guess anything can be slung against the wall against the 'RCC' and then you hope it sticks? You defended Chick in the 'Baptist Only' forum. I guess any enemy of my enemy is my friend??? Do I have it wrong?

5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Walter
    One thing in the Alberto comic book that to this day did not sit right to me. His ID card had a corrected typo on it. I think such a mistake would be thrown out and a completely correct card without a corrected typo would have been issued.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One need only look at how frequently Chick quoted scripture verses out of context to suit his theology and agenda:

Sola scriptura and sola Christus, not sola Chick.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay - lets do it this way ---- How do you believe a person can obtain salvation- and be assured of going to Heaven?

Yes, you do!!! I do not agree with Chic 100%. There are a number of things I disagree.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

The Church and Holy Scripture teaches that only God can save us. If that weren’t true, then Christ died for nothing. All that we do is respond with faith and obedience to God’s offer of grace in Christ. We insist that this is a lifelong commitment that should grow over time. God’s grace grows within us as we trust in God more and follow Him. The final outcome of a life of faith in Christ shed blood is eternal life with God.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Need to clarify to a couple of things:

1) do we need to repent of our sins?
    2) Does baptism (regardless of mode) have anything to do with salvation

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Of course we need to repent of our sins. The Catholic Church has ALWAYS insisted this is necessary. Not so in many Baptist churches. I was brought up in a Baptist church where 'Easy Believism' was the way a person obtained salvation. No repentance necessary.

Does baptism have anything to do with salvation? Ask any Methodist, Presbyterian, Anglican, Orthodox, Lutheran, etc. You know, the ones that you and Chick Publications give a pass on.

I think a lot of it is that the Catholic Church is the fastest growing Christian church in the world and our parishes are growing like wildfire here on the West Coast. I just moved from here:

Largest Catholic church in U.S. begins construction in Visalia

BTW, there are 3 other Catholic Churches bursting at the seams in the same town. Does your church have people standing against the wall at each of 7 services on Sunday because their is no room on the pews? Oh, never mind, I just read your church has an average of about ten people a week in a building that holds hundreds. Wow! I Of course, our churches were bursting at the seams pre-pandemic. We practice safe-distancing until this virus wanes. However, even pre-pandemic the Baptist churches where I live have a sprinkling of attendees and have to schedule 2 services (one traditional and one contemporary ) or people aren't satisfied. Still their congregations are shrinking according to their pastors and several have had to reduce their staff because they can't afford to pay them.

Most of the liberal Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, UCC, Presbyterian are barely in existence. Maybe Chick should concentrate on just warning people of the heresies being spread by liberal theology in your 'evangelical' churches and not worry about creating a fraudulent series of never ordained Jesuit priest to spread lies about Catholicism

#10 Walter, Aug 11, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Walter - I am asking you - very simple yes or no ---- Does the Catholic church beleive you must be baptized to go to Heaven?

12. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Does the Catholic Church teach it is possible to go to heaven without being baptised? It’s possible with God’s providence (Matt. 19:26)

13. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I mean this in all sincerity, Salty. I bet there are plenty of 'cultural' Catholics who have not darkened the doors of a church in years in your area. Have you thought of reaching out to them? I would rather they seek Christ in the Catholic Church, but if they are not, I would love for you to reach them for Christ. Maybe an outreach to them would be the answer to keeping your church doors open.

14. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since you pridefully and callously took a cheap shot at Salty, kicking the man in a tough situation. And you're once again praising your booming Catholicism. Here's a few sobering verses for you:

Matthew 7:13-15 (Red Print)
    13) Enter ye in at the STRAIT gate: for WIDE is the gate, and BROAD is the way, that leadeth to DESTRUCTION, and MANY there be which go in thereat:
    14) Because STRAIT is the gate, and NARROW is the way, which leadeth unto LIFE, and FEW there be that find it.
    15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12
    1) NOW we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
    2) That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by SPIRIT, nor by word, nor by letter AS FROM US, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
    3) Let NO MAN deceive you by any means: FOR THAT DAY SHALL NOT COME, EXCEPT THERE BE A FALLING AWAY FIRST, and that Man Of Sin be revealed, the Son Of Perdition;
    4) Who Opposeth and Exalteth Himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that HE As God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing Himself that HE is God.
    5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
    6) And now ye knoweth what withholdeth that HE might be revealed IN HIS TIME.
    7) For the MYSTERY OF INIQUITY DOTH ALREADY WORK: only he who now letteth will let, UNTIL he be taken out of the way.
    8) AND THEN shall the Wicked be revealed, Whom the LORD SHALL CONSUME WITH THE SPIRIT OF HIS MOUTH, AND SHALL DESTROY WITH THE BRIGHTNESS OF HIS COMING:
    9) EVEN HIM, whose coming IS AFTER THE WORKING OF SATAN with all Power and Signs and Lying Wonders,
    10) And with all DECEIVABLENESS OF UNRIGHTEOUSNESS in them that PERISH; BECAUSE THEY RECEIVED NOT THE LOVE OF THE TRUTH, THAT THEY MIGHT BE SAVED.
    11) And for this cause God shall send them STRONG DELUSION, THAT THEY SHOULD BELIEVE A LIE:
    12) THAT THEY ALL MIGHT BE DAMNED WHO BELIEVED NOT THE TRUTH, BUT HAD PLEASURE IN UNRIGHTEOUSNESS.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not pridefully or callously. I meant what I said in all sincerity. I am a Catholic Christian. A follower of the King, just like you!

16. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So based on that verse, it must be possible to go to Heaven without repentance.......I

I have never said that a Catholic cannot go to Heaven - but as recently stated - there is only one way
    Not good works, not baptism, not church attendance, not just Bible reading.......

You still didn't answer my question with a yes or no. I don't know why you are afraid to do so, but I will keep that in mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first widely-distributed Chick tract, far as I can remember, was, "This Was Your Life", which was, and still is, an excellent guide for steering the lost to the Gospel, & to Jesus. There were several others published by him in that time period, which were almost as good. They used to be found in public restrooms, restaurants, train & bus stations, Dr.'s offices, etc. I believe those early tracts led a great many to Jesus.

But then, Chick slid into error & false doctrines. He began supporting the false KJVO myth, and, as has been mentioned above, telling lies about the RCC. He recruited several others who shared his garbage, such as Daniels, and who carry on his legacy after his death.

Seems that, in the last years of his life, and after his death, he & his successors are much-more-focused on publishing lies about the RCC & about the KJVO myth than they are in leading people to Christ. Sad to see such a good soul-winner having degenerated so badly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, our Baptist Church was founded by former Catholics, pastors and some elders, and right now roughly half were former Catholics!
    Know John MacArthur church running roughly 18-20 thousand now, majority ex Catholics!

19. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His hatred towards all MV and Catholics droned out whatever good things he had to say otherwise!

• Like Like x 1
  20. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chick generated some hate towards himself by an uncompromised stand for what he believed was truth. It just shows you that it is one thing to say you believe something and another to be vocal and stand for it. You are a Baptist and I wonder if you ever suffer any persecution from the Calvinist Presbyterians or the liberal United Methodists because you are interested in the truth to the extent you would call them out on their false and damnable doctrines that they teach as truth. These false religions effect far more souls than Jack Chick ever thought about. The fact that Jack Chick had enemies among the religious crowd is proof positive he was getting the job done.

If I were to produce tracts telling the readers how to be saved and who can be saved and did not get criticized by the Catholics and compromised Protestant denominations like the Presbyterians and Reformed Baptist groups then I would know I had not told the truth.

We should thank Jack Chick for standing for the truth. Who his enemies are tells us a lot about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.