1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack Chick Publications a Fraud?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Walter, Aug 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have a habit of aligning yourself on the wrong side of nearly every subject with which there’s is contention. It is uncanny how you mange to almost never be right about anything.

Thinking of something good to say about you, you are certainly consistent.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The RCC is the re-designed "mystery, Babylon" religion started by Nimrod & Semiramis, carrying over its practices of indulgences, man-made saints, a human big kahoona who speax for God, purgatory, celibacy for clergy & "priestesses"(nuns), and "queena hevvin", subbing Mary for Semiramis.

But you're getting away from the fact that Chick & friends fabricated a false story about Rivera & published it as truth.

How much more proof of that org's lies do you need?

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's what I think of YOU. However, I can prove my stuff with Scripture and other facts, while yours is based upon conjecture and guesswork.

And YOU are usually consistently WRONG.

I am age 73 & thus have lived most of my life. By all statistics, it won't be long til I'm on my way to my eternal destiny. And I certainly don't want to go against JESUS by telling tall tales, etc. Early in my walk with Him, He called me to work against false doctrines of faith/worship and against quasi/pseudo-Christian cults & sects. I started by helping "de-program" Moonies, speaking out against the JW, LDS, Amish, Quakers, & SDA, & yes, against the RCC, then came the KJVO myth & preterism myth, among others. I have kept true to that calling, while presenting the Gospel every chance I got/get, not neglecting to worship Him myself.

NONE of us are guaranteed tomorrow, so I work to be prepared to meet Him any time. Are YOU doing so? Are you praying every day for the HOLY SPIRIT to show you the TRUTH? Or are you stuck in the mud of man-made doctrines of faith/worship, which are additions to God's word?

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We know that the official theology of the Vatican is full or heresies, but that is still no excuse to lie about them!

5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not automatically jump though to see Rome as automatically being Whore of Babylon!

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are on the side of KJVO myth!

7. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hmmm, maybe you evangelicals should have hung, beheaded, drawn & quartered more of us, eh? By the way, you need to read more than just your skewed anti-Catholic literature (like Chick Publications)

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you suppose Chick is anti-Catholic -

and while we are at it - did you ever answer my question:

Does a person have to be baptized to get to heaven
    Simple yes or no will do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Well you should.
    When Jesus described this age as the mystery form of the kingdom in Mt 13 in the 7 parables beginning with the sowing of the seed, first in Jerusalem (we know that ground was too hard to take any root), secondly in Judaea, thirdly in Samaria, and finally to the gentiles, he teaches us that this woman is a very significant installment of the devil. Jesus talks about her in the FOURTH PARABLE. Here

Matthew 13:33
    Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

This age did not produce the woman or the leaven. Meal is ground up grain and here it represents the three homogenous families, Shem, Ham, & Japheth, of the earth during the time parameters of this parable. Catholicism is universal but it is leaven, false doctrine, not Christianity.

This same woman shows up in another list that intends to show another prophetic progression and time line and again she is number 4 in the list. Take a look.

Revelation 2:18-29
    18 And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
    19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
    20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
    21 And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
    22 Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
    23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
    24 But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
    25 But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
    26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
    27 And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
    28 And I will give him the morning star.
    29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

This woman who is teaching in the church is a fornicator, a whore. She got in the church in the 4th millennium of the church and she rode in on the back of Constantine, a Roman king.

Some things are so plain that one can only figure you are missing them because you have one of the Bibles the whore has produced for you.

There are no coincidences in the scriptures of truth. Did it ever occur to you that nothing has ever occurred to God?

#69 JD731, Aug 26, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  10. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The most important anti catholic literature on the earth today is the holy scriptures and I have formed my opinion by reading them.

11. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I corrected a mistake and changed the word millennium to century in my above statement.

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe the last verse of Rev. 17 confirms that.

13. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That is your opinion. That Catholic Church has plenty of defense to your misunderstanding of Church teaching and it's basis in Holy Scripture. I used to believe just like ;you do now about the Catholic Church UNTIL I studied setting aside all the evangelical hooey I had been taught about throughout my life. I used to be an anti-Catholic bigot too. Now I'm a Catholic Christian growing in God's grace day by day.

14. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all due respect, a fifth grade school kid with a “C” average would know the Catholic Church is a fraud if he were handed a Bible and was told to find popes, priests, and Cardinals and a laity in it and he had six months to find them. It makes me wonder where you found them and how long it took you.

If the scriptures are not the instructions for the saints, what is and who says so?

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, please justify a pope, college of cardinals, celibacy for clergy, man-made saints, mariolatry, & indulgences.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    [
    Try reading some Catholic apologetics and take your Baptist blinder off. I usually don't give book referrals on this site, but 'Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic' by David Currie would be a good one. I highly doubt you would ever want to read something that challenges what you believe is the 'correct interpretation' of scripture. But Currie does an excellent job of taking on each of those subjects. BTW, there thousands of married Catholic priests in the world.

17. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Try reading some Catholic apologetics and take your Baptist blinder off. I usually don't give book referrals on this site, but 'Born Fundamentalist, Born Again Catholic' by David Currie would be a good one. I highly doubt you would ever want to read something that challenges what you believe is the 'correct interpretation' of scripture. But Currie does an excellent job of taking on each of those subjects. BTW, there thousands of married Catholic priests in the world.

18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Walter,
    I bought that book.

#78 37818, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  19. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mary the Mediatrix.

Mary as Mediatrix

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.
    1 Timothy2:5

Blest be the tie that binders.

20. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes one MEDIATOR. Catholics do not dispute that. READ MORE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.