1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack Chick Publications a Fraud?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Walter, Aug 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His hatred was at times almost demonic though, and his did view all MV as being satanic themselves!

• Like Like x 1
  2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trouble is, he LIED about some things in the RCC, while the KJVO myth is nothing but one big lie. So, actually, he was standing only for what he THIOUGHT was the truth, while actually telling lies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's sad that many have to learn about the wicked Catholic Church from comic books. It shows how far the churches have sunk into apostasy.

4. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, I have read your stuff on these forums for years and you have some jaw dropping weird doctrines you put out here on occasions. Do I think you are a liar because you are so confused? No, probably not, you are just full of pride and stubbornness and cant accept correction on any subject. I know this because in all the years of dialog with you and reading your response to others with whom you disagree you have never expressed agreement with a single thing anyone has said about any subject and we are liars in your evaluation if we disagree with you on anything, especially the word of God and what it is. It is your MO to align yourself against the brethren with people who you know have a false gospel and promote a false Christ because they agree with you on the KJV bible. I doubt many of your Calvinists friends have passed out Chick tracts because the way of salvation they preach is different from what Chick preaches and yet you have never called the first Calvinist a liar that I have seen.

It is a big deal to call a brother a liar. This man, Jack Chick, has affected hundreds of thousands of people during his lifetime and I pass out his "This was your life" tract regularly. Someone from the RCC could be converted to Christ by reading his tracts, and probably have at some time and in some place, but the gospel he preached in them and the Christ he pointed sinners to was not the same gospel or the same Christ that is preached by the RCC.

Could Chick be led astray by bad counsel? Sure! Is it possible he had some wrong research? It is possible. But to call him a liar is just plain wrong. If ones lifestyle is to lie then there is no hope for them.

Re 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And have you ever proven any idea of mine wrong? No. You CAN'T. For instance, I, & others, have PROVEN SCRIPTURALLY that David's throne (rukership) is still on earth somewhere, that somewhere a descendant of David's is ruling over Israelis, & that will be the throne that Jesus will tale over upon His return. You CANNOT disprove that FACT.

MMRRPP ! WRONG !
    I have written against the calvinist TULIP more than once, posting Scripture proving free will, while acknowledging that God has predestinated some people for special work for Him. I think you know that, & said what you did above just to falsely attack me.

I, too, have passed out that tract, & some others that immediately followed it, but, as Solomon did, Chick went off the road & began publishing lies. if you accept his comix Alberto & Double Cross as truth, you have probs indeed. And his pro-KJVO stuff, both during his lifetime, & in the present, is pure garbage.

If I MISTAKENLY tell you something that's incorrect, that doesn't make me a liar, but merely wrong. But if I tell you something I KNOW isn't true, that would make me a liar.

Have you read the 2 comix of his that I mentioned above? I HAVE, and I see they're COMPLETE FABRICATIONS ! How can a Christian read them & know they're not packs of lies? And what do youy call a person who tells DELIBERATE LIES?

Sportzz fanzz, if you want to see the worst of Jack Chick, the 2 comix, Alberto & Double Cross, are available from Chick Publications for USA $ 2.99 at his online store at chick.com.
    I rest my case.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably for the same reason - we are not informed of evolution.

The standard answer is "since its not true - we don't need to study it"
    Well, way back in 9th grade, my history told us - the best way to beat your enemy is to know him. - Lets face it - our military does that - the S-2 shop's job is to find out everything about the enemy - so we can beat him.

Have you ever visited a Roman Catholic church service?
    and keep in mind - unlike decades ago - many Roman Catholics do have
    a differing opinion about some of the RCC doctrines. - Recently - there was a discussion about wearing a crucifix - As non Catholics - our assumption a Catholic wears it so they can worship it. Have you ever asked a RCC if that is true. -

Lets learn a little bit about others and not just take every word from a Baptist leader as "Gospel Truth". Remember - at one time Wally Criswell did not see a problem with abortions. And for some of you U-IFB - there have been leaders whose lives should not be emulated. II Timothy 2:15

and for that individual who keeps spouting "The KJO Myth" its really getting old and irritating and, ect, ect ...... (I say that as a member - not as an admin)

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He was deceived in the end by holding to his extreme views!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I view the Church of Rome as Apostate, but do state what they hold correctly and without being hating as he did!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His take on the KJV was bogus, and his view on Rome was not seasoned with salt!

10. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As I said, I rest my case on telling deliberate lies on the 2 Chick comix I named above. While I've read many of his other anti-RCC tracts, the content of those comix is easily researched, & the comix themselves are readily available to anyone with about $7 in US money, internet access, & a mailing address.

As for KJVO, I call it a myth because, by one of the dictionary definitions of "myth", that's exactly what it is- "a widely held but false belief or idea."

• Like Like x 1
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    actually you are incorrect - it is NOT a "widely held...belief"

12. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Papal Antichrist still controls the minds of many Evangelicals, Baptists the fringe groups that popped up since the 1800s, calling themselves Christian. It depends on how much study believers are willing to invest to see the hold Catholicism has even over themselves.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  13. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The dictionary definition I quoted says that.

Actually, I believe it's fading, but it'll still be around, unfortunately, til Jesus returns.

14. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    OH BOY - we already have one broken record -;........

15. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you sit around reading comic books all day to be so well informed about them? Do you have any quotes from them to support your claims?

16. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I posted proof about Alberto Rivera being a fraud. You might take time to actually read it. Jack Chick's fraudulent 'invention' of a phony 'Jesuit priest' (Albert Rivera) was investigated by 'Christianity Today' as well as other respected sources. Jack Chick LIED! You just can't accept that anything that is uncovered showing that anti-Catholic lies are used to smear the Catholic Church is not credible. Some people just having a seething HATRED of anything to do with Catholicism and will carry that with them until they stand before Jesus.

17. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a bunch of 'hooey'!!!

18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed! While some popes were likely antichrists(The Borgias come to mind), no pope nor the papacy is THE antichrist/beast of Revelation.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Catholic Church smears itself with its own pedophilia that goes all the way to the top. I don't read comic books, so I'm not familiar with Chick tracts.

#39 1689Dave, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  20. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    How many Antichrist doctrines do you hold to? You probably cannot identify them let alone see them. And you must think all of the Reformers were wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.