1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jesus the open air preacher

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 7, 2017.

1. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wait a minute, you held to a position in which you condemned "arminians" [sic] and reformed of being wrong but you cannot remember doing so??? I think you need to evaluate how you come to your theological positions. Something is amiss.

#22 Revmitchell, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Understatement of the century!

4. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mitchell in the 5th grade you held to positions that you cant remember today. Imagine I go back and find that and bring them to you. You wont remember!

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really? Is that all you got?

6. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are now claiming you were only in the 5th grade in 2014 when you started the thread and posted your bogus claim? That means you are only in the 8th grade now? That explains a lot.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have wondered a time or two if his mama knew he was back on the computer.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

First off, his name on the BB is "Revmitchell" - not "Mitchell". Your disrespect of people by making up nicknames or using their last name is obvious.

Secondly, when you make a stance that is hard and fast, yes, you will remember it. I remember my stance on things in the 5th grade including whether or not I would eat worms (we were reading the book How to Eat Fried Worms). I was (and still) refuse to do it. Heck, I remember my stance when I was even younger than that on things that I felt strongly about. If you have forgotten your DEEPLY held convictions from just a few years ago, how deep do those convictions go?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [edited]

When or where did I claim I was in the fifth grade in 2014? I was in the fifth grade in 1989 as a matter of fact.

10. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said to RevMitchell, "Mitchell in the 5th grade you held to positions that you cant remember today." That was a comparison between what he is able to remember and what you are able to remember. But you place the accuracy of his memory in the 5th grade but only place your own accountability back to 2014 when you make the statement you denied making. As we all know [sarcasm] you are highly ethical and fair minded [/sarcasm] you would not make an unfair comparison so your statement must also have been made when you were in the 5th grade. It's called "logic." You should try it some time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you open preach, are you you doing that, or announcing the good news of the Gospel?

12. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good news and the gospel.

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So then you are not "open air preaching" like Jesus did.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet something else that has to be explained without logical reason as to why?

15. Felipe Rios

Felipe Rios Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not for or against open air preaching. It all depends how it is done. Many open air preacher, when they are preaching, look like they are rioting as opposed to proclaiming. I think there are more effective ways of declaring the gospel. If people are just passing through while you are preaching, is it really effective? Are people really listening? I prefer to go up to people and start a conversation with them and proclaim the Gospel to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. new

new New Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    evangeilst6589 since I'm in Denver as well, let me know your open air preaching location and schedule and I'll swing by some time to take a listen.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you have a stable belief system and you tell the truth, you don't have to have a good memory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ironic. There have been very few people on this board who I would say outright dismiss the Bible. You are one of them (as evidenced by your use of "Christian liberty" although it caused friction between you and your wife, and your church; as evidenced by you abandoning your wife and divorcing for unbiblical reasons; as evidenced by your attitude towards submitting your "ministry" to your church; as evidenced by the letters you write to worldly religious institutions; as evidenced by your disciple-less evangelism; as evidenced by your practice of putting others "under the Law"; as evidenced by your practice of false accusations against Christians; etc.).

Please provide examples of the "many" on this board who dismiss the Bible because right now I've counted only one.

• Winner Winner x 1