1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joe Biden in Georgetown

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Adonia, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Former VP Joe Biden was pictured writing something to a homeless man in Georgetown last night, so what was he actually putting down on the paper? I think good ole Uncle Joe, being the big spender of the taxpayers money that he is, that instead of giving him some of his own money he was writing an IOU that the man could redeem if he ever became the President. Joe Biden.jpg

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for him for stopping to talk to a homeless man instead of ignoring him, just tossing him some money, or having "people" get rid of him. He is treating the man like a person. Would our current President do that? I can't imagine it.

Perhaps the name of an organization or shelter that can get this man off the street and into a stable and productive life? I have cards like that for our homeless shelter that guarantees a free meal and a place to sleep for the night - along with all kinds of assistance if the person wants to take advantage of it.

Isn't it nice that you assume the worst motives of people you don't like?

I'm not a fan of Joe Biden at all, and I certainly am not interested in voting for him, but I don't spend my time trying to spin photos that make him appear to be a decent human being into something sinister or petty. Why are you creating posts online to publicly demean him and demonstrate that there is something terribly wrong with your attitude and heart?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bottom line. Who cares what he wrote?

I would be impressed if he shook his hand and invited him to dinner. But we don't know whether he did either or neither. It's just a photo. Might even be a photo op. Who knows?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At least he talked to the man. I have to admit, I kind of like Biden. I wouldn't vote for him, but he is not half as nutty as most dems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm just having some fun here. I mean really, this is Joe Biden - the same guy who asked a man in a wheelchair to stand up. The same guy who demeaned a whole group of people for owning 7-11's. The same guy who said Obama was "clean.....and articulate". The same guy who cannot keep his hands off of other people's wives and children. The same guy who said we all should have shotguns - and then just shoot out the door without knowing your target.

Yes, this is the guy who along with Obama added 10 TRILLION, yes that's right, 10 TRILLION onto the national debt that your grandkids will have to pay back. The man is a crackpot, your typical Democrat who fleeces us out of billions of dollars for their unconstitutional pet projects. I don't like the man, I don't want anything bad to happen to him or his family, but I do not like him - he is bad for the country.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. thatbrian

thatbrian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh the irony. . . This is absolutely hilarious.

#6 thatbrian, Mar 11, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where was Biden's Secret Service protection? Did they allow him to approach a homeless man without the man getting patted down? According to reports, this photo was supposedly taken by a bystander and was distributed by a DC public affairs consultant named Paul Equale on Facebook. He wrote a caption which said: "Character is about what you do when no one is watching". Yeah, right. This was a PR deal for a man who desperately wants to be President.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure I would want this picture floating around if I were Biden. It looks like he's scoring a bag of weed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Biden has always given his security detail fits. He would sneak away from them on purpose. I doubt he still has Secret Service. It should have ended in August.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not a fan of Biden - but there are people who use wheelchairs - that are able to stand for a short period of time.
    How about the meme floating around the net - showing a disable vet who gets out of his wheelchair to stand for the National Anthem.

Whether he is a R or a D - it also take Congress to spend the money.

11. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mocking someone for doing a nice thing just because you don't like him?

That's really sad.

12. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't you realize that Biden is not Vice President anymore? Former Vice Presidents don't get Secret Service protection. I thought that was well known. If not, it takes just a few keystrokes on an internet search engine to find out.

Character is also about not attacking people for doing the right thing.

13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who cares what idiots on the internet think? People always find things to criticize.

14. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really don't see the irony in your posts, do you?

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why don't you point it out for us?

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Joe is no match for the Donald.

Trump would put him through a shredder in a debate and then set fire to the shreds and then throw the ashes to the wind.

I like Joe he is a good person as people goodness goes.

17. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mull over that statement for a second or two. If you still don't understand, look in the mirror as you read it aloud.

18. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which, "right thing" are you referring to?

19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Good for him for stopping to talk to a homeless man instead of ignoring him, just tossing him some money, or having 'people' get rid of him. He is treating the man like a person."

One of the kindest, most empowering things you can do for a homeless person is to treat them like a fellow human being. Often, when churches do anything for the homeless at all, it is speak to them from across a steam tray at a food line or handing out groceries/supplies. While those are good and necessary things, the transformative work in a homeless person is when someone else who has means takes a normal human interest in them and restores their dignity and self-worth by given them their attention and time.

20. thatbrian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no idea what he was doing. You are inserting what you want to into that picture. You have spun quite a tale. You should write fiction.