Keep an eye on Virginia

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by xlsdraw, Dec 28, 2019.

1. xlsdraw Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come January, an all Democrat controlled government shall be seated in Virginia. They are claiming they are going to breach the second amendment. The rhetoric and mobilization of resistance appears to be really heating up. This certainly has the potential to get out of hand and rapidly spread.

2. Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well let's see, anyone arrested because of these new gun laws will get to have a trial. The trial will be held locally, i.e. in the local 2nd Amendment sanctuary county (of which there are many) and I doubt that not too many jurors from these counties will vote to convict. I assume they will use their legal power of "Jury Nullification" where the law in question is judged, not just the defendant. This ought to get interesting.

3. 777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The country is keeping an eye on Virginia. Now northern Virginia has the bulk of the population and they're trying to turn the state into California East. Probably one of the most gun friendly states of all, but now the gun grabbers are running the show, hope they know when to back off. Blackface wants a registry but it's well-known the next step would be confiscation.

State is the home of the NRA, 95% of all counties there are gun sanctuaries - an idea ripped off from the left' and at least one sheriff said he'd deputize every citizen he could find if he had too. The governor said: "If we have constitutional laws on the books and law enforcement officers are not enforcing those laws on the books, then there are going to be consequences, but I'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it.".

Back off, Bud - calling in the National Guard will cause CW2 and many in the NG would go after you. And Trump would side with them.

4. kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You better believe Kentuckians are watching this.

5. Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist