King James Bible vs New age versions

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Bro. Tim L. Bynum, Feb 5, 2004.

1. russell55 New Member

Oh, but it gave me my belly laugh for the day.... :D

2. Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

Lets look at this nation before the NIV and
    today...
    D.L.Moody
    Billy Sunday
    J.Frank Norris
    C.H.Spurgen
    Revivals
    Bible and prayer in schools

NIV
    Sodomite churches
    Women preachers
    christian rock and rap
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :

3. Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

Promise Keepers + Sodomite Churches = NIV

King James Bible > NIV

Benny Hinn + Charismatic movement = NIV

700 Club + P.T.L. = NIV

Russellites + Campbellites = NIV

4. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t have to prove they are not. I believe by faith that they ARE.

HankD

5. HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dear Brother Bynum,

almost every modern cult started in the English speaking world (e.g. Mormon, Jehovah Witness, Christian Science) was started using the KJ Version of the Bible.

You have proven nothing.

HankD

6. Elijah New Member

Oh, but it gave me my belly laugh for the day.... :D </font>[/QUOTE]Glad you got a laugh out of it. But let us not forget how serious a subject this is. this KJVO movement has caused a terrible division. I have seen advertisements for King James Baptist Churches! Where will this end? I,m afraid that it is here to stay. This is a case of worshipping the creation ( kjv translation ) and not the Creator. I am sad to say that this kjo cult thing is rearing its ugly head in my own association, luckily the people in my own church do not subscribe to this heresy. I really am at a loss on how to combat this "movement" as the people involved will not listen to reason and have already branded anyone who dares use any other translation a heretic, resorting to name calling and questioning your salvation. Sad really.

7. Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not KJVO and did not speak against MV's.
    Was not KJVO and associated closely with men who preferred the ASV 1901.
    Not KJVO. Preached from the RV on occasions and corrected the KJV in the pulpit. Said that the RV contained necessary improvements over the KJV. Saluted the scholarly efforts of textual criticism.
    Revivals are caused by the Holy Spirit, not Bible versions.

Also, there were some significant revivals during the early 20th century involving men like RA Torrey... who embraced lower textual criticism and new translations of the Bible.
    Which has very little to do with Bible versions except....

The same kind of tradition-minded reasoning that causes many to embrace KJVOnlyism caused millions of southern Democrats to continue voting Democratic even after the party was taken over by liberals. These Democratic politicians put the judiciary in place that took prayer and Bibles out of school.

A person willing to vote Democratic due to tradition in spite of the evidence of what those politicians believed.... and KJVO's who cling to the idea that only the KJV is the Word of God in English in spite of the evidence and KJVOnlyisms logical/scriptural inconsistencies. Yes, a link. Not the one you intended but a link none the less.

The only "Sodomite church" I have any direct knowledge of was in Seattle. They had a public access program called "Gays for Jesus". The "preacher" only used the KJV.
    Per capita, more likely to occur in black churches and pentacostal churches... which are also more likely to use the KJV as their only text.
    These genres make my skin crawl... but so does some of the rock-a-billy sounds coming from some southern gospel groups like Gold City.... which has a song with at least an oblique reference to KJVOnlyism.

8. Pastor KevinR New Member

Bro Tim, are you aware that J.Frank Norris quoted from the ASV? CH Spurgeon from the ERV? Quilt by association don't float. Cult leaders David Koresh and Harold Camping were KJVO.

9. Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

Well Scott, you can type good, but other than that Ithink you should stick to softball...
    Your OPINION reeks with 1st John 4:6...the
    spirit of ERROR . It was the King James Bible that came ashore at Plymoth Rock in 1620 !

Your welcome

10. Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

NO J.Frank Norris did not, and if you have a book saying he did...it and who wrote it is a LIAR ! :mad:

11. Orvie New Member

Translation: "Thou shalt not confuse me with the facts, especially when it proves my position wrong and inconsistent" :eek:

12. Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Haven't played in several years now...
    Would you mind being just a little more specific than this??? The fact that you don't like what I posted simply does not constitute an error on my part. If anything I have posted is disproven by scripture or an honest handling of the facts, I assure you that I will repent and apologize.
    Actually, no. It was the Geneva Bible.

13. Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

I wish I knew how yaw pull up quotes from
    other people!
    By the way , who is yhtese KJBO`s you speak
    of ...I only know of 3 here , Granny Gumbo, Bro.
    Don Ellis and little oh me ...I`m sorry and the
    host in Heaven...they dead sure know the truth .
    You will some day...IN THAT DAY, THAT GREAT
    DAY !!!

14. Bro. Tim L. Bynum New Member

1611 KJB at Plymoth Rock...I know somebody that was there...The Holy Spirit, and he speaks to my spirit and says YOUR IN ERROR !

15. Elijah New Member

The Holy Spirit told you that the KJB came ashore at Plymouth Rock? Really? :rolleyes:

16. Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Put "["quote"]"["qb]" in front of the phrase you want to quote without the quotation marks I used. Then, put "["/quote"]"["/qb"]" without the quotation marks after the phrase.

But the question is, can you trust me? This might just be a new age bible versions conspiracy to erase all of the KJV text from your hard drive... :D :D :D

17. Orvie New Member

Other members of the sect are qs, aka Deadening spirit; willie, the guy with each post containing 1000's of words; Anti-Alex; Timothy1769; Askjo,etc Oh yeah, did I say qs? willie? These two are most entertaining, and you are about to join their "trinity" "One Sect; Three persons" :eek: :rolleyes: Nehushatan Pickled Version Sect N.P.V.S.

18. Charles Meadows New Member

Bro Tim Bynum,

What about Quickening Spirit, Askjo, Anti-Alexandrian...

I have to take some offense at your giving Ed his "life verse" - that does not fit. I will not be so judgmental as to give you a life verse... But I'll just mention one and toss it out here...

Mt 7:21 - Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

I don't want that to be you or anyone! Remember to act like Christ - not just quote Him.

19. Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you know how incredibly dangerous it is to attribute things to the Holy Spirit this way? It is equivalent to using His name in vain whether you are kidding or not.

20. Orvie New Member

The spirit you speak of isn't the Holy Spirit. Your posts are too full of inaccuracies, inconsistencies, and arrogance. :rolleyes: Are you sure ya ain't while you're writing thy posts?