1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Laura Ingraham Targets Even Legal Immigrants In Off-The-Rails Rant

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Aww lookie, you just committed a microaggression. Don't you feel bad now?

• Like Like x 1
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Fox News audience is generally older white folks. She wasn’t addressing the National Council of La Raza.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do undocumented immigrants OVERUSE government benefits?

Wow, talk about placing the bar low.

The real question is--Do undocumented immigrants use government benefits?

The answer is yes. This is the changing demographic that Ingraham is speaking to. Unwanted, illegal immigrants taking advantage of our system.

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem is not "race." (The very concept is anti-Christian - there is only one race on this planet, the human race.)

The problem is "how will they vote?"

I live in Texas. Texas is one of the majority-minority states. Where a so-called "minority" makes up the majority of the population.

In fact, in the county where I live Hispanics outnumber "whites" by 28 to 1.

But the left doesn't care about anything but votes. And even though "minorities" are in the majority in Texas, we are still firmly in the RED state status.

So what does the left do? They falsely claim that being opposed to ILLEGAL immigration, or being apposed to "chain migration" is "racist." When, of course, it is not about race. It is about the rule of law.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You mean the racist organization whose name translates to "The Race?"

• Like Like x 2
  6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Roflmao

7. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not even a little bit. :D

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I suggest you read the article I linked to.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That would be CNN's condensed version where they cherry pick quotes from Ingraham. I suggest you read the transcript from the show in its context:
    ----------------

INGRAHAM:...it does seem like the America that we know and love doesn't exist anymore. Massive demographic changes have been foisted upon the American people. And they are changes that none of us ever voted for and most of us don't like.

From Virginia to California, we see stark examples of how radically in some ways the country has changed. Now, much of this is related to both illegal and in some cases legal immigration that of course progressive's love. Remember the old Democrats, maybe some of them that Ocasio-Cortez is referring to, they used to think that borders matter. But the new activists believe enforcing immigration laws is essentially an ongoing human rights violation.

Of course they want to abolish ICE and so forth. Well today, we were reminded again of why our law has to be enforced, borders strengthened and the wall built, loopholes closed and sanctuary city policies ended once and for all. Check out what happened courtesy of Philadelphia's refusal to cooperate with ICE detainers.

In May of 2009, Juan Ramon Vasquez, a citizen of Honduras was deported from the United States. Just five years later in March 2014 ICE officers found out that Vasquez was back in the U.S. and was in custody with the Philadelphia Department of Prison. Philadelphia however refused to comply with an ICE detainer request. So, Vasquez was instead released from custody. After his release, Vasquez was rearrested and ultimately convicted for child rape.

This is an unspeakable act of evil that should have never occurred and never occurred on American soil. Remember when the current mayor of Philly did this after a judge ruled in favor of his city's sanctuary status?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JAMES KENNEY, MAYOR OF PHILADELPHIA: We are a sanctuary city! Yeah!

(END VIDEO CLIP)

INGRAHAM: Oh, my gosh, what an embarrassment. At this point, I would hope the voters in Philadelphia would see the light and send Mayor James Kenney packing. He's a disgrace. If only such heartbreaking stories though were isolated events, they are not. Last weekend in Colorado Springs, a police officer, Cem Duzel, was critically injured. He was shot by an Iraqi refugee allowed into the U.S. under President Obama.

Karrar Noaman Al Khammasi had been ordered deported after a felony trespassing probation violation only to be released by a judge who cited changes in the law. It was beyond tragic. And for all of you who are buying into the media narrative about the horrors perpetrated on children who were kept temporarily in HHS custody who've crossed the border -- the kids who have crossed the border illegally, consider an actual horror.

An illegal who crossed the border with a child he claimed was his own. Well, that illegal adult turned out to be the child's rapist. Ramon Pedro showed up at a border crossing in Texas last April. He said he was traveling with his daughter and he demanded entry into the U.S. Well, like thousands of other family units, they were processed and then released into the United States, called "catch-and-release."

Well late last month at a routine health screening, doctors discovered the girl had been sexually assaulted -- assaulted allegedly by him. And it gets worse. It turns out the young girl's mother knew that this coyote was a sexual predator, but sent her daughter with him anyway because the mother was promised ultimately later on a job.

Jay Sekulow: Mueller investigation needs to end 'very soon'

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was referring to the one about the amount of benefits undocumented immigrants use legally.

12. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you for thus. It is very telling, in particular the second paragraph where she lumps in legal immigration as part of her perceived problem. As I said on page 1, this isn't about law it's about race

13. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She said that it just seemed like it was no longer America. It is now dangerous in America because of Islamic terrorism. We live with it everyday in this part of Indiana and Trump and the GOP are declining to declare the terrorist organization of the Muslim Brotherhood as a terrorist organization. I went to my local bookstore to buy a copy of Robert Spencer's new book The History of Jihad from Muhammad to ISIS; not only were they not stocking it in their stores, they were also not selling it online. I can't say that I blame them with the terrorist Islamic Society of North America nearby. That does not seem like the old America to me where we had freedom of speech and could buy a military history book easily.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would seem that freedom of speech is alive and well in USA as long as what you have to say meets the PC police protocals!

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Freedom of speech applies to actions by government, not private entities or individuals.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ypu must have a different preamble/Constitution, as the entire Bill of Rights also deals with the rights of individuals to feely assembly, freely worship, speak out etc!

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    “Congress shall make no law...”

18. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Legal immigration can be a problem. A big problem. Just look at England for example. :rolleyes:

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prohibiting individuals rights to freedom to assembly, exercise freeom of sppech and religion....

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Correct. Government. Doesn’t apply to private entities or individuals. The government can’t require a bookstore to stock or not stock a particular book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.