1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Laura Ingraham Targets Even Legal Immigrants In Off-The-Rails Rant

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Governemnt shoudl not ask christian owners to do things against beliefs, liek catering gay marriages, correct?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t think government should have anything to do with marriage. Period.

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or with interferring with our right to not do anyhting against our relious beliefs, correct?

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Within reason. For example, if a person’s religious beliefs required child sacrifice to Molech I would oppose that being allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What????!!!! You'd prevent another from practicing their religion simply because you disagree?? :D

6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it does not. With people like Maxine Waters, you cannot even go to a coffee shop for a breakfast. Maxine Waters and Antifa, the military wing of the Democrat Party, as well as college students on their campus settings, have acted to shut down free speech. That is an old Democrat trick, dating to when they took over the defense of slavery. Leftists worldwide want to shut down free speech. Look at what happened to Tommy Robinson because he continued talking about the estimated one million very young British girls raped and sold into prostitution by Muslim immigrants in the UK. The upper class put him in a filthy prison and tried to starve him to death at the direction of Prime Minister May.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it does. Government can’t pass laws against free speech, but if you come into my house and start cussing me out, I certainly have the right to show you the door.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't do that to you, Ken! :Biggrin:Biggrin:Biggrin The Democrats are trying to shut down free speech and have called up their military arm, the rich white kids of Antifa, who jump in their Limos and tell the drivers to take them to Portland or wherever because they are going to break the windows of the local Starbucks there. And I gave you an example of how everyone is tiptoeing around the threat of Muslim terrorism in this country so that you cannot even say anything against Muslims. And then there is the case of the epidemic of black on white crime that cannot be reported in the press or on television. And another area where people are afraid to speak publicly is fear of saying that sodomy and same-sex marriage is wrong and that there are only two genders because of the possibility of violence.

9. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Thanks for reinforcing then that it's not about the legality of the immigration. Keep digging that hole...

10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the context of Graham's monologue she was saying that legal immigration should be merit based, not simply allowed because the applicant legally applied. "What skills can the immigrant bring to the country?"is the question that should be asked, not, "does this person have relatives we've already admitted to the country?"

Maybe we should let immigrants from India with computer engineering degrees into the country and bar Russians with no skills, for example.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

11. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Yep, maybe all the white Americans should push off back to Europe and leave the place to the Native Americans.
    Put your own house in order before you take a pop at others':

Muslim women were attacked just hours after Trump's win

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Government right now, and at Universities, are permitting ONLY liberal talk and thought, as theyis indeed a litmus test against conservation/christian thought and talk in fake news/universities/ and allowed by governemnt!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about if they saw Gay marriages as not being valid in sight of god and did not want to be forced to cater it?

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Legal immigration can be merit based. and there is NO reason to have say Muslims forms their own enclaves and practice their own laws, pretty much as done now in England!

15. Matt Black

Site Supporter

Or Italian-Americans, Irish-Americans, Polish-Americans, African-Americans, etc not living together in communities. We all tend to gravitate towards People Like Us (PLU) and tend to regard with suspicion those who are not PLU. Such is human nature as evidenced on this board. As Christians however we have a higher calling to do better than that

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All of those groups you mentioned though have their own culture AND have become Americanized, while many muslim communities in England refuse to get westernized, and are still abiding by Islamic and stae national law, so when terrorists come out from their ranks, Governmen and police are afraid to intervene!

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on that, I figure you oppose the recent allowing of Melania Trump’s parents into the country based on her relationship with them.

18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would disagree with government doing that.

19. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would like to say “no” but what if a store refuses to do business with divorced people, or people of a different religion, or people of a different denomination within a religion, or atheists, etc.? I find this to be a very difficult case due to my opposition to same-sex marriage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same sex marriage violates the law of God, but those other cases would not fall under same prohibition!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.