Limited redeemed, not Limited redemption.

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by 37818, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read all the NT.

2. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How you can miss the obvious is beyond me. But when you try hard and use your Calvinist glasses I guess anything is possible.

3. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God owes none of us salvation, so any saved are fur to sheer grace, and the lost get what they desired to have, being apart from God!

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due to the sin and fault of Adam, not of God!

5. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I look at what the verses ACTUALLY say without adding to them.

6. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have, many times.

7. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agree none deserve salvation but that was not the point I was making but it is what you jump too. Your Calvinism fails to take into account what your Calvinism requires. You say God determines all things but then say that those that are not saved got what they desired. But if God as you say determines all things things then that would also include their desires. Remember you don't want man to have a free will. So as I said your god in the one that has sent them to hell and they do have an excuse to say they did not have a chance because He did not allow them to have one. Your Calvinism is just a mess on contradictions and you will not even see it.

8. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But your god determines all things so you have made him responsible. That is unless you think man can overrule your version of god.

9. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try again because the text is clear you just have to read it without your calvinist glasses.

10. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I should have said try to understand what the NT says, because you seem to have missed a great deal of what it is saying.

11. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I am not making the same complaint. What I did was point out the error that you have in your Calvinist theology that you cannot or actually will not see. Your determinism requires that God control all things that happen, not just some things but all things. You also say that He has picked out all that will be saved and this was done prior to creation. So only those that were pick out will be saved all others are thus condemned.
    Now since in your view this was all done before creation and since nothing we do can change it that means that those that are condemned do have a complaint as they were never given the chance to trust in Christ Jesus. And if you say well that is because they did not desire to do so you should remember that your version of God has determined all things and that would include the desires of all people even under your Calvinist version of free will.

So if you are going to answer a comment then be sure to answer what the comment was not what you think it was.

12. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I was not always a Calvinist.

13. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And your point is? If you have been led into this quagmire of a theology then there is still hope for you. All you need to do is trust scripture and let go of those miss applications of the text. Do a logical study of the "doctrines of grace". Trust the Holy Spirit to guide you and you will work your way out of that system.

14. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read all the Bible. ;-)

15. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You made the very same complaint that Paul addressed.

16. 37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinists remain Calvinists being unable to help the non-Calvinist to believe tbe Calvinist view.
    Matthew 22:14, "For many are called, but few are chosen." The notion Christ only died for the elect/chosen.
    Matthew 7:21, "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven." Those who do the Father's well are only for whom Christ died.
    Luke 8:13, "They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away." The stony again not being for whom Christ died.

17. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was led into it by Scripture alone so I don't want led out of biblical teaching thanks.

18. Reformed1689 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit will not lead me out of truth.

19. Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see you still like to give half baked answers. Even when you comment you should try to stick with the context but then as a Calvinist you would not understand what that is.

20. AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You really don't have a sense of humor do you.
    Keep falling on your Calvinist doll while the rest of us go to God's word. It's obvious you are stuck in a prejudice of your own making.