1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Looking for a good answer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What does us arguing back and forth with individuals have to do with what the government makes legal?

2. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The claim that it doesn't hurt anyone is false. I wouldn't advise asking anyone on this board, because they don't really know. Marriage is not a matter of religion or freedom of religion, it is a matter of nature and of law.

Start by doing internet searches. Start with: false homosexuality harmless

It will take several days, several different search terms, and looking to the third, fourth and fifth pages of search results, but you will eventually turn up a scholarly report highlighting the disaster to individuals and to society at large and illuminating the lies and hypocrisy of those attempting to justify or even, as some on this board, mitigate the offense of Sodom.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Do you listen? No one said anything about condoning and allowing them to stay in sin.

Your concern ALWAYS seems to be one sin.

They've committed more sins than just the homosexual offense. Deal with saving their eternal souls and not winning an argument about one sin.

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And it will mean nothing. They can produce just as many psychological and what have you studies that tell them that they are right. It's like statistics, you can always find something that supports your POV. It simply is not an argument to be won.

Preach the GOSPEL and let the Holy Spirit do the convincing.

5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also make sure that the elected officials do NOT make laws making this abomination legal, wait, they already have!

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    it's about law. Christians vote, and Christians can make law, and Christians can fine, jail and execute evildoers as they do everyday here in the U.S.

#26 Aaron, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does our friend really think the founding fathers, basing our govt upon Christian values and principles, would have had legalized gay weddings?

Did Yahweh under the law sanction it?

Did Jesus under the New either?

maybe Paul?

#27 Yeshua1, Feb 10, 2014
  8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

I think that was uncalled for.

#28 Salty, Feb 10, 2014
  9. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really,

Unbelievably childish and lacking in any way respect or decorum

#29 go2church, Feb 10, 2014
  10. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what tells them they NEED Jesus?

11. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

Homosexuality is a sin problem, and God should not be left out of the equation. Other than voicing my beliefs and God's teachings on the subject, I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince anyone that it is wrong. It's not our responsibility to stop unbelievers from sinning; our responsibility is to point them to the One Who can save them from their sin and convict them of any sin in their lives.

Some people will say something like, "If you don't change your life, you're going to hell." No, What they need to do is to call upon the Lord, admit to being a lost sinner and ask for forgiveness. We're not told in God's word to "Stop sinning, and then I will save you." I hear that in stupid songs about getting your heart right and THEN coming to the Lord, but that is backwards. We come to Him just as we are, and God does the cleaning up of our lives--if we let Him.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    hard to agree that you are sinning against God in your behaviour, when many churches and pulpits nox say God OK and down with it!

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We're talking about what the law should be. The law isn't about forgiving liars, thieves, murderers, adulterers or sodomy.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The Gospel. People have to be shown that they are condemned because of ALL of their sin, and not just one sin. ALL of it needs to be forgiven. And that is done by telling them what the law says about the penalty for ALL of their sin, not just the homosexual offense.

#34 Zaac, Feb 10, 2014
  15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay; I understand my confusion now. Your premise is that, from the opening post, we seem to be judging based on only one sin; when, in reality, we don't know that for a fact. For all we know, Judith mentioned the ten commandments to these people, and then mentioned a few others, including homosexuality; and THEY were the ones that focused on that subject.

So I think what you're saying is that Judith (and the rest of us) shouldn't be caught in that trap of focusing on one sin (whether it's a trap laid by those of us that focus on particular sins, or the ones we're witnessing to that choose to battle us over single issues), but let them know that there is none righteous, not one. Am I close?

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Absolutely PERFECT.:applause: Pay close attention to how they use this against us and then we have to go on the defensive to try and "prove something" to them.

I think you have a certain group of people out there who are salivating at the chance to frame the conversation and pull us into these endless looping "arguments" so that they can say we're hateful. And that's usually the way we come across because they corner us into talking about why one sin is wrong instead of why every human being needs a Savior.

17. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why are you so focused on the supposed misfocus of others? Where's the confession of your vile misfocus? What a judgmental, hateful person. Are you a christiaphobe?

18. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

With grace and seasoned with salt....no doubt.

19. Judith

Judith Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the inputs.

20. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

One doth protest too much, no?