1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Looking for a good answer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now you're on track. He's obviously relying on the large number of commentaries that agree with the conventional thought that Jude is referring to homosexuality; so address those. Why would all those commentaries look at the word studies and come to the conclusion that homosexuality was what this passage was referring to?

3. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

That was uncalled for. Call out the sin....sure. But leave out the name calling.

YOU and I are equally unrighteous. The difference being our standing due to our relationship with Christ.

4. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

"Queer" is the same word as "strange", is a term that the queers in Chicagoland call themselves by, and is not 'name calling', nor is it designed to be.
    When a group of people ask to be identified by one of their sinful practices, then it is not offensive by any stretch to oblige them.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Sure was. But as you can see it will attempt to be "justified". But we want these people to listen to us. [​IMG]

And it was the lack of righteousness that Scripture points to as the reason for the destruction of Sodom.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Yes I do, and most adamantly. If I were lost, the idea of a homosexual relationship would never enter my mind. It is one of those sins that is disgusting, lost or saved. It is not natural, lost or saved. Why stop at a man, why not a sheep? (sign your Valentine Card, I love ewe). Lets get real, for most of us 99% +, it does not take a life changing experience from the grace of God to be disgusted by same sex marriage or relationship.

You asked for an argument against it outside of Scripture, that is it. It is not natural. It is not normal. It does not require salvation to know it is wrong to murder or burn down churches. That is called common sense and human conscience, along with the way we are wired.

Godly sorrow, a salvation experience, it totally different. Salvation and conviction paints a clear picture of the gap between our depraved nature and a Holy God. Do not get me wrong. I am not making light of the sin of homosexuality. But, it is not what tempts most. What tempts most sexually is the attraction to the opposite sex outside marriage or before marriage, which salvation convicts a person is wrong. Different things tempt different people. For example, I cannot for the life of me figure out why people are addicted to gambling, which for those not addicted, I do NOT consider a sin. Why would I waste hard earned money on a game of chance that I know I am going to lose, when I can put it in a 401K for retirement. How stupid is that? What is the temptation?

For others, it may be a great temptation, and require the power of the Holy Spirit to break the chains.

Salvation and the power of Christ takes sin and conviction to the depths of our souls. Christ says hate in ones heart is murder, and looking at a woman in lust is adultery, although I did not commit the physical act.

There is a basic minimum level of behavior that is required of all of us to stay out of prison. That has nothing to do with being saved. I can stay out of jail and be the most self centered, mean, vindictive person on earth, until Christ transforms me.

#86 saturneptune, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I have been here for many years. I gave you the benefit of the doubt at the start and defended you against known trolls. However, your posts are on a downhill swing. If you want a long term experience at BB, I would suggest you change the tone and wording of your thoughts.

8. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

I do not understand.
    I was quoting Romans 1.

Rom 1:26-29
    26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections:for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Those who leave nature, are given up by God, become filled with all unrighteousness.

Is this not what the Scriptures say?

9. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure you understand. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

And no, you weren't quoting Romans 1. You were conveniently citing part of it.

Romans 1 is not about homosexuality only. It's about all of sinful humanity that will not yield to the authority of God and it's about all sorts of sins.

The issue that SN has and I have is your use of the word "queer". Yes, there are people on this board who will rush to your defense and use all sorts of hateful words towards homosexuals. They do it all the time. This has nothing to do with political correctness because all of this PC stuff drives me slam crazy.

Maybe where you live the word queer means nothing, but in many places it's a word of hate - like the "n" word. I suppose it depends where you are from.

The word queer in this day and age is a maligning word. And I do believe that "malignity" is in that list of sins you gave.

Homosexuality is an abomination before God and should be taught as such.

Using words that show disdain to the person who is a homosexual doesn't help in that teaching and preaching. It just pushes them away.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I am on your side, and yes, this is what Scriptures say. I am just saying, wording makes a difference here. Terms like queer, faggot, Steve instead of Eve, lead to infractions, and infractions lead to banning. Just do not be drug into a tit for tat pattern of being given an infraction. Trolls are experts at making you angry, and knowing how to stay to the proper side of the "line" not to get infractions.

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

We're gonna leave this alone because the many of us, as well as you, are very well aware of what you were doing.:thumbs:

Saturneptune, it's interesting that you say this:
    I was looking up the Scriptural uses of the word perversion yesterday because of the mentioned reference by Yeshua of Sodom in Jude.
    7 In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. Jude 7

And I thought it interesting that Scripture uses PERVERSION and part of what was going on in Sodom to be akin to what is mentioned in Leviticus.

“‘Do not have sexual relations with an animal and defile yourself with it. A woman must not present herself to an animal to have sexual relations with it; that is a perversion. Lev. 18:23

Really came to mind when you mentioned the ewe.:laugh:

“‘If a man has sexual relations with his daughter-in-law, both of them are to be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads. Lev. 20:12

12. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you! And now it's back to Yeshua to read what you've written, and if he doesn't agree, explain why.

Of course, it might also help if people start citing their references for their determinations of words (for example, the use of the word "perversion" in Jude; in the 8-10 different bible versions I checked, only the NIV and the Holman Christian used the word "perversion." So what makes that word a better translation than the other 6-8 versions that use "unnatural desire" or "strange flesh"?).

13. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Why did the homosexuals take on the name gay and absolutely ruin the meaning of it from what it use to mean years ago. They are infiltrating the tv shows now and they always appear as comedians. This is Satan's craftiness to get these people excepted by everyone. They want to appear harmless to get people's sympathy. When I worked in the prison system there was always from one to three in each unit. When I first started to work I tried to witness to them and read what the bible said about the matter but always they got mad and blowed up in my face. I personally believe they have been given over to a reprobate mind.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the young men and old men wantedto have sodomy and homosexualsex with the 2 male Angels, and were judged for that perversion....

Jude stated that those men lusted and went after starnge flesh, a perversion...

Check conservation commentaries, hebrew/greel lexicons

Just NO WAY to read it any other way!

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the SPECIFIC sin that God judge dthose sinners for was for homosexual practice, to commiting sodomy and other perversions!

#95 Yeshua1, Feb 13, 2014
  16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Is what the gays are doing any different from what has been done with all manners of heterosexual lust and fornication on tv?

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Where in SCRIPTURE do you see that? I'm not talking about what you want Scripture to say because you think this sin is worse than all others.

But where in God's word does He say that He destroys Sodom and the other cities because of their homosexual practices?

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

WHere does Scripture say that's why they were judged? The Scripture you mentioned says sexual immorality and perversion. So what's your angle with making it a particular type of sexual immorality or perversion?

The Genesis account points to there not being any RIGHTEOUS inhabitants. So again, how do YOU jump to laying all the blame on this one sin? There were indeed children in Sodom who were ALSO deemed not righteous. were they committing the homosexual offense too?

What version of the Bible are you using so that we can actually read what you're reading?

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    6 And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day— 7 just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire,[d] serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Jude 1:6-7 Esv

and if he rescued righteous Lot, greatly distressed by the sensual conduct of the wicked 8 (for as that righteous man lived among them day after day, he was tormenting his righteous soul over their lawless deeds that he saw and heard);

2 peter 2:8

Again, gay practice/behaviour

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
    Romans 1:26-28 Esv

homosexual peversions again!

God makes a HUGH deal about that particular behaviour, why don't you though?

#99 Yeshua1, Feb 13, 2014
  20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

It says sexual immorality and unnatural desire. Those cover more than homosexuality. You just seem to have a thing about that one sin.