1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Looking for a good answer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Judith, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well, when the 2 Angels went to visit Lot, the young and old men both went to have sex with them, to sodomize them, and Jude makes it very clear that they were judged and destroyed for sexual perversions and lusting after strange flesh!

Why can't you for once agree with God and his judgement on this sinful behaviour?

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Why can't you for once stop adding your own spin to Scripture. So once and for all, if Scripture says what you say, give us the Scripture that says what you say. Otherwise you're just embellishing what you want the Scripture to say in order to support the point you're always trying to make.

3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's given you the scripture. It's now up to you to educate him as to how/why he's interpreting it incorrectly.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How would you interprete those passages then?

5. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judith, I believe Tentmaker hits the nail on the head concerning your question. It is bad for society because they are attacking our religious freedoms with an attack on the sacred institution of “marriage” by attempting to redefine it. The proof of this is seen by simply asking them to give you ONE REASON, if all other rights were the same under the term “Civil Union” that they insist on calling their union a “marriage”. It is an in your face attack on the sanctity of a union that has its origins in the church of God and amounts to a demand of equality with God by trampling on the established definition of “marriage”.

Let me ask you a question: Just how is protecting the sanctity of the definition of 'marriage" discriminating against homosexuals? Seems more like they are the ones discriminating and stepping on things that others hold dear, the right to have meaning in a certain type of union, i.e. like the origins, meanings and definition of marriage? Please give me another reason for them to call their unions "marriage" if all other rights were the same, if it is not about discrimination on their part.

"Not hurting anything outside religious beliefs"!!! What about OUR constitution RIGHT to practice our religion without these attacks on an institution we hold dear by them attempting to redefining the term. Give me ONE OTHER "LEGITIMATE" REASON for them not be satisfied with another term, all other rights/things being equal, if it were not attempt of a spit in the face our God and a claim to to be equal with Him by denying US the sanctity of the meanings behind the institution of marriage!?

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't see where he's quoted the Scripture. All he has said is what he believes the Scripture to say. So I'd like for Yeshua to please give me a chapter and verse for where Scripture says that the offense of Sodom was the homosexual offense so that we can get on the same page. o

Where is this Scripture that says that their great sin was lusting after strange flesh, for sexual peerversions, and for wanting to have sex with same sex?

7. pk4life

pk4life Member

Alright, so you tell me.

If God has defined marriage as one way.

And man is using the law to define marriage as another thing...

Who will you obey? You can't have it both ways, you have to choose one or the other right?

8. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Jud 1:7
    7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

In case you hadn't read this...

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I have read that. The last time I checked fornication applied to ANY sex outside of God-ordained marriage. So how do we deduce from this that the GREAT sin of Sodom was the homosexual offense?

10. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

"and going after strange flesh".

The example that He gave us, included a story of men so depraved, that they tried to rape Lot, as punishment for being judgemental against homosexuality.

You'd really like to see those of us who are judgemental of homosexuality punished, wouldn't you, Zaac?

My Brother, do not so wickedly!

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well you know that Jude!

He did nothing more than drive a wedge between the folks who need Jesus and the folks who are supposed to be introducing them to Him. He shouldn't have called them filthy dreamers, AND, he didn't show how the church was no better!

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

AND speaks to multiple sins. So what is it? The homosexual offense or a number of things?

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What Jude says is consistent with what the rest of Scripture says. What Yeshua says is NOT.

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a matter of interpretation and understanding. It's easy to say Yeshua is wrong. Prove it.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Ain't nothing to prove. He says one thing Scripture says another.:laugh: And if he doesn't, all he has to do is point me to the Scripture that's saying what he is. Jude has been brought up. And Jude doesn't say what he says.

This seems to once again be an attempt by folks in the church to make the homosexual offense the worst sin of them all. If God destroyed Sodom because of just the homosexual offense, He would have said so. He didn't.

#75 Zaac, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
  16. prophet

prophet Active Member
    Site Supporter

Yes. Queers are "filled with all unrighteousness".

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Apparently they aren't the only ones.

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look, I don't agree with Yeshua much. But what you're saying here is worse than what you're accusing Yeshua of. You have the opportunity to increase the knowledge and understanding of a fellow Christian--but you won't do it.

It almost seems that you don't mind condemning your brother in Christ, rather than searching out the scriptures with him and "sharpening" him.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Are you just trying to stir the pot? I asked him to show me where it says what he says. He keeps saying that Scripture says one particular sin was the reason. I don't see it and so I asked for clarification.

I haven't condemned anyone. I sought clarification that he didn't give.

Perhaps he has another Scripture in mind because the one in Jude speaks to sexual immorality and perversion. And last I checked that covers more than just the homosexual offense.

So if you've got some insight as to what Yeshua is seeing that says God destroyed Sodom because of just the homosexual offense, please assist in pointing it out to me.

He says :bible CLEARLY stated that their great sin was lusting after strange flesh, for sexual peerversions, and for wanting to have sex with same sex

Okay. Well show me where it says that. There is no mention in any version of the Bible that I have seen where God says He destroyed Sodom because of one particular sin or that HE makes mention of one GREAT sin in Sodom.

20. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No almost about it. Zaac indicts God's elect and excuses Sodom.