1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Love wins

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Berean, Mar 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PastorGreg

PastorGreg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no meat. It's all bones. Universalism; 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances after death; No real, fiery hell; No eternal judgment; No "place" called heaven; On and on, ad nauseum.

Nothing new. Several ancient heresies regurgitated, straw men, incoherencies...

2. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

JohnDeerfan...

glfrederic is bringing up a good and valid point

You are advocating that we...believers with a good grasp of biblical truth, and good discernment regarding error...should never read anything but the scriptures and books that are biblically sound, with the reason being that we might somehow become "contaminated" in some way, and become shipwrecked as a result.

And yet YOU YOURSELF are doing the very thing that that you are telling us not to do.

In reading all of these posts you are reading gobs and gobs of stuff that is, in your view, biblically unsound. And yet you continue to read on and on and on, reading more and more..in your view..error

Mr Pot...meet Mr Kettle

#82 Alive in Christ, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  3. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nooooo, of course not.

Actually, I never said that. But why am I surprised that you would lie about what I said?

I do, which is why I'm not going to read the book.

OK. How is he bringing up a "good and valid point" by lying about what I said and believe?

Never said that.

Tell me which heretical book I've bragged about reading.

#83 JohnDeereFan, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2011
  4. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

JDF, what you are now doing is called equivocation. You are majoring on the word "book" and not on "writing" in order to find some ground upon which to stand. But in your quote, you even mention books AND writing, which covers all bases, including this site.

Had you not wrote very plainly above, I would not be following this track, but your words are there for all to see!

Calling me a liar is also not going to fly. Here, just for kicks is a quote of your own words:

5. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, this is an internet message board, not a book or theological writing.

...and for you to twist and lie about.

You are a liar and, frankly, you're a fool. I'll tell you what I'll do: in obedience to the Bible's admonition to not argue with a fool, I'm going to put you on ignore. That way, you can feel free to lie about me all you like and then you can explain yourself when you stand before God.

6. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I've seen you go down this path with others before, so it is not really a surprise.

7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your words are there for everyone to read. He is not lying.

Furthermore, Jesus condemns calling others "fools" (that's Matthew 5:21-22 for those who claim to know the scriptures, but don't) because fools say there is no God (Psalm 53:1).

For what it's worth, the scripture also tells us to "answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes" (Proverbs 26:5).

I would appreciate it if you would do the same for me.

I'm sure he will be fine when it comes to the matter of dealing with JohnDeereFan on BaptistBoard. He has been patient while you have been caustic and abusive to many. I'm not sure you intend to be that way, but you seem to have little tolerance for others when they don't agree with you and have an unfortunate tendency to engage in name-calling and condemnation.

8. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine. Show us where I said it.

Actually, He doesn't condemn calling others fools. He condemns calling others fools in some contexts. The Bible calls people fools in many places.

So he lies about me and you consider that a virtue?

I never condemned anyone. I just don't like to be lied about.

9. Alive in Christ

Pastor Greg...

Really? Is it really that blatant? Pure universalism, no hell, etc? No judgment?

If so, thats a shame. Very disappointing.

Apparently a rank heritic. I was hoping that would not be the case

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are too kind. I'd not be nearly that nice in condemning this truly vile book that will mislead many of God's people (who have been duped into thinking Bell is some guru).

This thread is just about history (a couple more posts will push 10 pages). Could wish the horrific impact of the book could magically reach a "page limit" and disappear off our radar.

11. Bearister

Bearister New Member

Unfortunately, many of the young adults and youth, who have been raised on Nooma videos for the last several years, will be eating Bell's book up. I intend to read it only so I can provide a proper critique to his points to our youth group. I'd prefer to read a more worthwhile book, but sometimes we must read these types of books so that truth can be championed in the marketplace of ideas.

12. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahem! …You would probably ruminate me with a label as a card carrying LFWist, yet I, as well as the majority of others here that you would label as liberals for a free will stance would probably take as many or more objections against Bell than you. SO concerning your strawman against free will which suggests any concept other than the Determinist’ view,... (which faulty scriptual interpretations logically results in a fatalistic theology of a despot god; added in for payback rhetorical effect)….I just got one thing to say about your prideful “opinion” which portrays that only your position stands against such types of heresy: BUNK!

13. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess, I should be glad I could help clear things up before you do...

:smilewinkgrin:

14. Alive in Christ

John Deerfan...

You said this to glfredrick...

And Jesus Christ says...

Something to think about.

Seriously

15. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Ruminate me"? Ben,the word ruminate means to ponder. Ya' got lost in your wilderness of words again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.