1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mancow Waterboarded

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wrong. All abortions should be outlawed and anyone who performs an abortion for any reason should be tried for murder - that's what I would like to see the law of the land to be.

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

So, in other words..... there could have been maybe 10 sessions of 'waterboarding' during which water was poured over the face about 8 times lasting a few seconds each time? I can picture that as more reasonable.....

Futhermore.... it goes to the heart of the matter...... we are still limited to our own understanding of what was or was not taking place, and the courts of public opinion is still open..............................

and Julius Ceasar is still asking "what is truth?"

One thing....knee capping is permanently maiming..... but waterboarding probably improves the complexion...... ......Just some twisted humor to lighten up the heaviness of this worn out subject.

3. targus

targus New Member

And yet - with full knowledge and consent - you voted for the guy who openly and repeatedly stated his position on abortion - that he would fund more abortions with our tax dollars - both here and abroad.

And then after winning with your vote he went on to do that very thing as one of his first acts in office.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And if abortion was the only issue being considered and a candidate with a decent chance of winning who advocated my position was standing for election I would vote for him/her.

5. historyb

historyb New Member

Abortion is always the only issue for a faithful Christian, you helped an evil muslim get in office

6. targus

targus New Member

Since abortion will never be the only issue being considered you are defaulting to not caring about the position that a candidate takes on abortion.

I am amazed that some Christians are so ready to ignore their self-professed beliefs because some other secular concern is more important to them.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thread Closure Notice

As theis thread is well over three (3) pages, I am issuing a closure notice. No Earlier Than 0330, May 24 PDT, one of the moderators will close this thread.

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Why don't you comment on water-boarding and not relate everything to abortion. Just because abortion is wrong, doesn't make water-boarding or any other torture right. Try and stay on topic!

9. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

The only issue a Christian will be concerned about? What a totally false statement ... and totally off topic of this thread.

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are saying that people have to follow God's commands as long as they are not working for the government, but they are not subject to God's commands if on official government business. This cannot hold logically or morally. This is the basic defense used by Nazi officials at Nuremberg and it was not accepted as a legitimate defense buy allied government officials/military officials. We ALL are responsible for our acts before God regardless of where we are and regardless of who we are dolng it for.

Following your logic you have totally cut the legs off for any inastion of Iraq. The Iraqi officials were only doing government business and the development of WMD was ok, it was government business.

Mao is not responsible for the millions of Chinese who died from starvation in the three bad years. He was only following government business.

The government officials in the killing fields of Cambodia were not responsible, they were only carrying out government business.

The list could go on and on an on and on ...........................................................

I really do not believe you agree with these terrible events ... and I do not believe you have thought out the logical consequences of the position you have taken.

11. targus

targus New Member

Crabtownboy, you talk the good talk about following God's command...
    but your walk when it comes to your vote does not match your rhetoric.

When you vote to put someone in office you are voting for the policies that they publicly announce that they support.

Obama was very open about his support for abortion.

Your vote was an endorsement of that abortion position.

One of his first acts upon gaining the office of President was to fund overseas abortions.

No one knew that the Bush administration would ever be involved in anything even remotely like waterboarding.

You knew Obama's position on abortion and you voted to support it.

That you have the gall to lecture anyone is beyond belief.

12. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a red herring. McCain, if elected, would not have done anything about abortion. He bascially could not, just as Bush and other Republicians could not. I've explained this all before in detail.

So, I have to look at a whole range of issues to make a decision. Just because a person, any person, votes for a particular candidate does not mean they approve of all the stances of that person.

I do not think it wise to vote on one issue and that being an issue that a president can do basically nothing about. As others have pointed out, like it or hate it, abortion is legal in this country. Personally I do not like it. But life is never a one issue affair and to try to make it so is to ignore other very important issues.

So you are wrong.

Have a blessed day.

#52 Crabtownboy, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He told the disciples to carry a sword. Personal defense is quite permissible and is not spoken against in any part of scripture. They way you twist scripture and avoid others is quite liberal. But that is nothing new for you. And common among those who think the Bible is just a book of words and holds personal experience equal to it.

#53 Revmitchell, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) That is not true.

2) That is not true. President Obama, as far as I can tell about him and you, is your brother in Christ - which makes both of you my brothers in Christ.

15. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Who might this "evil muslim" be?

And remember, there is no religious test for public office under the Constitution. But maybe you don't believe in the Constitution?

16. targus

targus New Member

Well, Obama did do something about abortion didn't he?

He increased funding to pay for abortions.

He said that he would - you voted for him - and then he did.

The blood is on your hands too.

And now you want to pretend that there was no difference between Obama and McCain on abortion.

17. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Matthew 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them. Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things that are God's.

If memory serves me correct I believe that Jesus Christ used a whip of cords to drive some folks from the temple [John 2:15; Matthew 21:12].

18. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The reason McCain and the Republicans have been unable to do much about the slaughter of the unborn is the democrats in Congress and the liberal federal judges. You voted for a man:

1. Who believes the slaughter of the unborn and unborn is acceptable.

2. Who in his short time in office has already increased the slaughter of the unborn.

3. Who will appoint a pro slaughter of the unborn justice to the Supreme Court while John McCain would have appointed a Justice who believes in life.

You continuously smite about the head and shoulders anyone who supported the waterboarding of 3 terrorists to save lives yet you hypocritically vote for a person who is content to continue the slaughter of the unborn and the just born, 50,000,00 and counting.

You need to spend some time on your knees begging GOD for HIS mercy and perhaps some enlightment.

19. historyb

historyb New Member

Nope dude, if your a committed Christian the only primary issue is abortion. I understand liberals can not grasp this

20. historyb

historyb New Member

That is true, your love of liberalism overshadows your love of Christ

Obama is a muslim, he is not a follower of Christ. The word Christian has lost it's meaning when any idiot like BO can claim it and liberals are not Christian either

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.