1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mancow Waterboarded

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Magnetic Poles, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. historyb

historyb New Member

BO and I don't care about test, a terrorist lover holds the highest office God help us all.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Considering that fact that I have not seen the love of Christ exhibited in any of your posts you aren't on solid ground to make such an accusation toward anyone.

2) Prove it or stop making a false charge.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it.

And may God help us all if anyone like you ever holds the highest public office in this land.

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Maybe we should replace water-boarding with whipping! :laugh:

5. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Why do you continue to post such nonsense? There are many other issues other than abortion. Wake up!

#65 Robert Snow, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here we go again ... someone who claims to be a theological conservative taking an extremely liberal interpretation of a passage of scripture ... taking a scripture completely out of context and putting a spin on it to prove their point. So, do not ever tell me you are a theological conservative or fundamentalists. You are not. You are very liberal and misuse scripture.

Suggesting that disciples carry a sward through a wilderness is for protection from wild animals and perhaps from robbers, but surely it does not justify torture.

The Bible is a book of words else you could not read and ministreprete it. If it were a code of symbols you could not read it and make such miserable mistake in God's meanings.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your little game isn't working. You do not have a clue what a conservative is. And you have made no attempt to prove me wrong with scripture. Because you can't.

Define torture, by the standards of you libbies any incarceration at all would be torture. But I doubt you can even define it.

And this is not the context in which you originally used that phrase. Try a little honesty.

8. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Such hyperbole makes you lose any credibility you may have had...which isn't much.

9. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not a game when a person claims to be a Christian and a minister of Christ misuses scripture and Christ's teachings in such un-Christian ways to justify the torture of another human.

A conservative is a person who takes the Bible as it says and does not twist the scripture to fit their own secular wisdom ideas. A liberal, like you, takes proof texts and/or twists scripture to fit your secular wisdom that torture is acceptable to Christ. Christ gave many teaching on how we are to treat others, and torture was not one he advocated. Does not scripture say they will know us by our love. Torture is a most strange way to show love.

Either take the gospel as it says and obey Christ's commands on the treatment of others or stop saying you are a conservative. You are not.

The infliction of pain, either mental or physical, often both, in attempting to get a person to say what you want them to day. Waterboarding is torture. The US tried Japenses after WW II for torture using waterboarding. The US brought US soldiers to trail for waterboarding people in Vietnam. The civilized countries of the world call waterboarding torture. There is no excuse for waterboarding, especially if you say you are a Christian. To advocate waterboarding and torture it to deny Christ's commands on how we are to treat others.

You say this simply because you want to take a persons comment and sd liberal twist it out of context to say what they did not mean.

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You continue to fail to prove this false assertion. And since you cannot you make further false claims about my misuse of scripture. Watch out your emotion is showing.

Again your definition of torture eliminates any incarceration at all. And you do not seem to know the difference between the water boarding of Japan in WWII and the US.

Sad really. But of course all of this is no surprise. When your conscience is bothering you as badly as yours is about supporting an abortionist President then we can at least have some understanding of your current distress.

#70 Revmitchell, May 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2009
  11. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Face it, nothing I say will you accept because of your liberal leaning of twisting anything, especially the truth of exposing your secular wisdom clothed in Christian misstatements. You dislike me because I expose your denial of Christ's teachings on how we are to treat others.

Again a liberal twisting of what was said. What is your defnintion of torture?

Sad really. But of course all of this is no surprise. When your conscience is bothering you as badly as yours is about supporting an abortionist President then we can at least have some understanding of your current distress.[/QUOTE]

Again you take a liberal view. I do not support abortion. But you do support the murder of innocent civilians in other countries. Abortion is legal in this country whether your or I like it or not. Regardless of who is president it is obvoius that they can do little or nothing about makeing abortion illegal. If they could then the past Republician presidents,including your hero, who said they are against abortion would have made it illegal. So in this regard it is a red herring.

So we have to look at other issues in deciding who we vote for.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Prove every statement you made in this post.

13. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Name those that, for the true believers, trump the slaughter of 50,000,000 unborn children!

Jesus Christ said render unto Caesar but HE did not say murder little children.

14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You have proven yourself gulty of this and more over and over by your own words.

I shake the dust off my shoes with you on this. Go forth and preach Christ, but teach him as he intends, to teach people to love and to love each other and not continue to liberally justify the secular wisdom of treating people badly that you have supported until now.

Accept Christ and follow Him!

15. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

The reason McCain and the Republicans have been unable to do much about the slaughter of the unborn is the democrats in Congress and the liberal federal judges. You voted for a man:

1. Who believes the slaughter of the unborn and unborn is acceptable.

2. Who in his short time in office has already increased the slaughter of the unborn.

3. Who will appoint a pro slaughter of the unborn justice to the Supreme Court while John McCain would have appointed a Justice who believes in life.

You continuously smite about the head and shoulders anyone who supported the waterboarding of 3 terrorists to save lives yet you hypocritically vote for a person who is content to continue the slaughter of the unborn and the just born, 50,000,00 and counting.

You need to spend some time on your knees begging GOD for HIS mercy and perhaps some enlightenment.

No response crabtownboy?

16. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Show me anyplace where Jesus says anything about war....... Book, chapter, verse: Show me anyplace where Jesus does a teaching on warfare.... either to condemn it or condone it.

The only thing I find is his saying that in the last days 'wars and rumours of wars' and people coming in his name declaring they are the christ... or that they follow the Christ.... and he warns us not to be deceived.

But, what I want to hear from you.... is the teaching of Jesus concerning war.... in his words.

Also..... what did Jesus say regarding buying a sword? What is your interpretation?

I mean..... you brought these issues up and attack others on them.... so tell us what you read in the Bible and base your beliefs on...... or else you are not the Bible scholar that you present yourself to be to be making these attacks on others. So teach us.... I'm all ears.

17. historyb

historyb New Member

He admitted in an interview, you need to stop making false charges the idiot in the WH is no believer in Christ since he loves murder. Liberals on iggy you go.

18. historyb

historyb New Member

Don't desire any with liberals

19. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I don't like abortion, but there are other issues. Also, the past three republican presidents did little to stop it.

20. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

My, how this thread has degenerated into such goings on.

Crabby, you were a good debater but you have let this present subject get under your skin. In a liberal interpretation of torture I'd say that you have been morally and mentally tortured. You should report you experiences to the Geneva Convention or the UN perhaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.