1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Maricopa County Heating Up

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, Apr 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did. Posts were edited or deleted.

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What posts were you referencing to support your claim in the first place???

None. It was an unsubstantiated accusation.

I can save you time.

I supported Trump (even when he conceded the election).

I never favored Biden.
    There are no posts to support your accusations.

In other words, @Aaron , if you make accusations and then need to find posts to back them up you are already wrong.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    lol. You don't listen. To ease your mind, I've spent maybe 35 minutes in the last two days on this. It's quite narcissistic to think I'm spending every waking moment scouring the board for evidence falling ripe from the tree. Don't have a lot of free time, and there are other things that Im interested in.

But it's nice to know lm living rent free in your head right now.

#23 Aaron, Apr 13, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did.

You were wrong.

I never condemned conservatives (I am conservative) nor people for supporting Trump (I supported Trump).

I condemn traitors who rejectTrump for concerning the election and falsely claim he is the legal president.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I did.

You don't back up what you post.

You say I do "not come right out and say" those things and you are correct. I do not say them BECAUSE I DO NOT HOLD THEM.

6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let's look at it this way.

The biggest argument here is that I say Biden is the President of the United States.

You guys seem to be under the delusion that Trump is still the legitimate President.

But Trump conceded the election and recognized Biden as the legitimate President (granted, with fraud which I agree took place).

I agree with Trump. Therefore you guys say I am anti-Trump/ pro-Biden even though I supported Trump in both elections.

But you guys are the ones saying Trump is wrong, that after conceding the election he is somehow still President.

When I worked at Walter Reed we had delusional patients. One thing about a true delusion is no matter of reasoning can remove the delusion.

7. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One trick pony. The final departing words from Church Mouse Guy. He used it many times in the course of a couple of days of discourse with Jon over two months ago.
    Jon is up to the same old tricks, saying Trump conceded......over & over. Why would he keep reiterating something like that? This is typical of his facts where the slant always comes from the left, even though he declares that he is coming from the right.

8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    chill. I'll formulate a 500-1000 wd response while sipping coffee, listening to music with my 20 year old cat curled and sleeping in the chair next me snoring away, with nothing better to do and no pressure to leave for work. If not tomorrow night after 11 CDT, Thurs morning.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will be at work. No electronics allowed. No book allowed. No writing. Very boring.

But no response is really necessary (save the effort for a more justifiable and interesting argument).

I just get aggravated when folks assume those who disagree on a political issue supports the opposite side. I wanted to make it crystal clear to others on the board that I have never supported a Democrat candidate (I believe we are accountable for where we lend our voice via voting, and the DNC platform is sinful).

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your reframing of my accusation is the first piece that I will deal with here. I didn't say a word about the platforms. I was speaking of the man. And it is obvious that you do favor Biden. But when confronted with this eminently obvious conclusion from the casual observations of your interactions here, you reframed it.

"Show me where I said anything in favor of the Biden platform!" (Not that there was any such thing as a Biden platform, but that's beside the point.)

But I was quick to correct you, saying that you oppose the conservatives by falsely besmearing them with accusations that are justly levelled against the Dems. I didn't say anything about the way you vote, though my impression is that the statements you've made about voting for the GOP are just a way to paint yourself as an objective, dispassioned observer, so that you can say bad things about conservatives.

But you revealed your passion in this thread right here, calling me anti-american and unchristian for opposing Biden, for asserting, rightly, his illegitimacy. After all, it's impossible to disrespect someone as President who was unlawfully installed.

So I gave you a chance to show that you really are just being even-handed when I said, show me anywhere you've said the Dems were being un-American and un-Christian in their four-year coup. And you couldn't present one. You proffered the lame excuse...well, Dems don't post here as much...

But a couple cursory searches suffices to establish your modus operandi.

In one place you readily admit (because it can't be denied) that Trump is not a racist, and that the "DNC is the party of social injustice..." (not to mention brazen civil and criminal injustice) but you negate your indictment by saying, falsely, that "the GOP is more dangerous." Message to self described Christians who vote as democrats

Here again, "The Dems are bad and evil, but the Republicans are hypocrites, so they're the real masqueraders" Message to self described Christians who vote as democrats

Here, where the purposeful mischaracterization of the Jan 6 protest is countered as lies, then the lying dem says, "I agree...it was lies that caused evangelicals to support this racism and bigotry." You say, "I agree. We see this with the idiots storming the Capital (at least the Trump administration has come out and condemned the activity, I guess)," negating, again, your pretended indictment of the Dems.

And this is evident over and over. You constantly, and without fail, falsely smear the GOP (by which you mean us, conservatives) as being as bad, if not worse, than the Dems. You go to great lengths, to do so. Despite your feigned disgust with politics, you are quick to get into the political threads, and are much more active and prolific in them then in any of the theological ones. You focus on one thing; equalizing the right and the left. One is as "Christian" as the other. And what could be the goal in that other than to elevate the left? It's the end result no matter what.

But your hand is tipped in this, none of your indictments of the real criminals and insurrectionists of late contain the judgment by which you have damned us. You have never said they were un-american, unpatriotic, or that their savaging of a conservative President, senator, or congressman was un-Christian.

But more to your support of Biden, the man. In the posting of an article exposing his brazen lies, you bend yourself into a pretzel trying to say Biden was really truthful and that the conservative press was no less propaganda than what mainstream media has become. Biden tells another whopper

The truth is not your goal. It seems your goal is a vain attempt to appear credible to the liberals posting here. It could be that you love the praise of men, so you don't want to appear to take sides.

At best, it could be that you're just that dense. That would at least allows your heart to be in the right place.

At worst, and this is what it really looks like, you're duplicitous.

You asked.

11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then I will not refrain it.

You have made a false accusation (you have sinned). I favor Trump, not Biden. From my posts this should have been obviously clear.

When it comes to acknowledging Biden as President, that has nothing to do with favoring either one. Trump even acknowledged Biden as President and I doubt he favored Biden either.

So the question is whether you are a liar or are just willfully ignorant. Can you comprehend the English language or is it an issue of willingness rather than ability.

Or do you just make assumptions because you are too lazy to deal honestly with other people?

Bottom line, @Aaron , is your posts reflect a lack of character, a lack of comprehension, or both.

You have still failed to show how voting for Trump, supporting Trump, and advocating Trump's platform equates to favoring Biden.

Using your criteria, from what you have posted, I can definitely say it is obvious you not only favor abortion, Joel Osteen, but in politics favor Pelosi.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who here said that

13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    More than one person. In fact, IIRC there was a whole thread devoted to that topic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump is the Legal President

The "you favor Biden" silliness is just a tantrum for having an inappropriate avatar removed. @Aaron knows as much.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just the thread I was going to link to.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because Church Mouse Guy did not say "one trick pony".

I never posted a slant towards Biden. I said I voted for Trump both times but even then was wrestling with the conviction I was to abstain from voting. I believe neither Party godly.

You and CMG (and @Aaron and perhaps @Revmitchell ) take that to mean "pro Democrat or slanted towards Biden. If I were ever slanted it was towards Trump (which should be very obvious to even the most foolish ..provided he could read).

17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was looking the same time.

I get aggravated with politics. It makes liars out of otherwise good men.

Since I acknowledge Biden as the legal President and have decided to refrain from politics I am all of a sudden favoring Biden, liberal, a Democrat, or trying to force others not to vote.

Character should be based on Christ, not flexible according to political leanings. And this us why I have decided to abstain from voting. I have seen too many Christians fall this election.

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nothing in that thread can you be more specific

19. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :rolleyes:

20. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at his last nine posts. Five of them say what you deny. Maybe being a mod, you can hurry up & delete them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.