1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Maricopa County Heating Up

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, Apr 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they do. You are not the sharpest tool in the shed, are you...:Laugh:Laugh:Laugh

Like you, @church mouse guy simply could not accept a person would see the GOP and DNC as worldly except that person be a Democrat. That was his "case" against me...problem is, it was a lie. I have been a Republican but never a Democrat. I never leaned that way. My values are the same, I just do not express them through the GOP.

If you want to know why, read posts from @Aaron , @church mouse guy , and your posts. They are dishonest. They assume I lean Democrat or like Biden because I have decided to follow my conscious and refrain from voting in political elections.

I am probably more conservative than you (at least, you are no more conservative than I). I just do not affiliate with a political party any more.

I believe you feel I am a target for that (you can lie about me because your thugs will back you up and I have no party disciples). But it is no less a lie.

That is something you all need to consider. You think lying about me some how supports your position, bit it does not. It makes you look weak and pathetic.

But to my knowledge he never posted "one trick pony" (at least not in our interactions).

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My humor is on the dry side.......but not this dry. You are an abject failure when it comes to moderating a Baptist forum. Insults & name calling should be grounds for your dismissal. How many insults & name calling would you like me to quote? So did CMG get banned, as I see you called him a troll, or just too frustrated to stay? Either way, looks like you win Jon.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lying about a moderator (or any other member) should be grounds for dismissal (at least temporarily), but to my knowledge he was not banned. He kept calling me a Democrat and I told him if I called him gay that would not make him gay (which set him to troll me every time I posted).

You may have a dry sense of humor, but I was not being funny. You had to be involved when he posted to "get it".

I do not know why he left. He was trolling (that is not even debatable). He lied about me (kept repeating that I was a Democrat, either via delusion or purposefully, because while I hold the sane values as the GOP platform I decided not to vote (as a matter of concious).

Saying I am fond of Biden, am liberal, am a Democrat, lean towards the DNC...those are lies. You are guilty of feeding into that as well.

I did not win because I really do not care. We hold the same political views with the exception that I have decided to abstain from voting.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Wingman68 ,

I will be very clear (I will tell you what I told Mouse).

Why don't you answer (so we can be crystal clear about where both of us stand):

I have always voted Republican (down the ticket because I will NEVER vote for a Democrat). I was a Republican. I voted for Trump both times. As I said, Trump is the best President we have had in my adult life (I am 52). I believe his platform was correct.

But I also agree with Trump that, although there was serious fraud in the election, Biden is now our President. I never favored Biden, I think he should have never run, and his platform is evil.

I have wrestled with the conviction that I should abstain from voting. I should have a decade ago but was too politically involved. Going forward I cannot with good concious vote as I do not believe secular politics the Christian answer

That said, I am glad other Christians can serve in office. I do not judge others for voting, but for me it would be sinful (I am the "weaker brother" here, but do not think those who vote are disobedient).

Now, you agreed with Mouse that this means I am a Democrat.

Defend that claim.

5. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You like mind games, here’s an example, you call me a liar, then twist what I say, into what it means (to you). Then you put the onus on me to defend myself for your perceptions. Mind games. Nope. Actions speak louder than words, & your actions speak for themselves. You call yourself the greatest conservative, & use that declaration for more insults. Dismal failure, you should just resign. By the way I am responding to both of your posts here, not just the last one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The onus is on you.

You were a part of Mouse's comments that I am a "secret democrat" as well as his trolling me by referring to me as Biden.

I have not changed my position.

I did not stutter.

Politically I supported Trump (it was after this election that I declared my decision not to vote).

If you are instead calling @church mouse guy a liar, then be clear. You can't have it both ways.

Are you a conservative (you insulted me....so by your standard I guess you are liberal).

No mind games at all. I was VERY CLEAR where I stood and stand.

I hold the political values of the GOP, but have determined to abstain from voting as I believe those values are best expressed through the Church (the moral issues are also Christian, but I also agree with the GOP economic platform, foreign policy, etc.)..

Why can you not be clear?

7. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me be clear: I am done with any & all discussions with you. You have called me & others here liars, thugs, trolls, corn pop, not the sharpest tools in the shed.............yeah, stellar moderator material there.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a fact. Trump acknowledged Biden as President, even while complaining about rampant fraud by the DNC. I agree with Trump. NO SLANT. You all say I am a secret Democrat for recognizing Biden as our President....BUT SO DIS TRUMP!
    This is insulting and flaming (why would I delete his posts???). You are implying I would delete posts to hide what others have said for my own purposes (which is false).
    I never called myself the greatest conservative. I said you are no more conservative than I. In terms of political belief there is probably no difference between you and I except I have decided to abstain from voting.

9. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Partly true. I called Mouse Corn Pop when he called me Biden. I did say Mouse lied (Aaron fid as well).

And you lied. Mouse posted "one horse pony" because I told him that was referring to members as senike like Biden (a Biden gaffe). It was edited to one horse pony. But then Mouse started trolling all of my posts

And you were a part of those calling members who disagreed with you "Democrats", knowing we were against their positions.

How would you like it if a member started trolling you, calling you pro-abortion, or pro-DNC, or secret DNC????

I bet you would not like it at all because that would be lying. Yet you believe I am a fair target because I am a moderator??? That if I edit or warn I am abusing my position, but if I respond to the lies I am also abusing my position??? That I just have to let lies stand because I am on staff?????

Grow up man. You would not let it stand if I called you Biden, a Democrat, etc. so stop acting shocked and offended I also object.

10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    GOOD :Thumbsup .

I am not done but I appreciate your silence as I continue the discussion without you.

The issue centers on a few disagreements.

1. I believe that Trump was not responsible for the January riots, but I do believe as President he could have handled the day better.

2. While I believe there was fraud in the election, to the extent it is reasonable to suspect the election was stolen (not enough info to be a fact), I also believe that Biden is our President.

3. Given our current election system, Biden is our legal President.

4. Although I share the same values as Republicans (the GOP platform) I have decided I would no longer vote in secular elections. I believe we are called to exhibit Christan values differently.

That is it. That is why @church mouse guy , @Wingman68 , @Aaron , @SGO have concluded that I am a liberal Democrat.

NOT because of what I Stan for, NOT because of any stated position, NOT for what I have opposed. But for my positions stated above.

And then @Wingman68 declares I should not be on staff because I refused to remain silent against these false claims. @SGO has a problem that I decided not to vote. @Aaron is mad that his avatar which violated BB rules was removed and that I said Biden is the POTUS.

I do not mind people disagreeing with me. BUT BE HONEST.

All this distraction has been a few people saying I really hold positions I have always rejected. And that is wrong, plain and simple.

I enjoy discussing differences. I do not enjoy suffering fools. Have I insulted anyone? Yes, but in kind and no more than has been allowed on the political forum. @church mouse guy called me Biden and I called him Corn Pop. (Largely tongue in cheek). And I called those who lied liars (Websters agreed).

@Wingman68 complains but I doubt he would enjoy someone trolling him calling him a Democrat at every turn.

And their actions have proved my point. If it were not politics, would @Wingman68 or @Aaron have forfeited their character to try to "smear" an opponent? I doubt it.

But because it is politics they have justified their accusations by saying "it was not verbatim", or "you said this but meant that", or "actions speak louder than words" (as if I have ever taken action in support of the DNC). Politics have destroyed these guys (at least their voice as Christian in the political section as they are just Republicans).

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont lump me into something ive never said.

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sure they were

13. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

14. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not mad. Mildly irritated. Not at all surprised.

Just calling it as I see it.

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    K. Says the one equalizing the RNC and DNC.

16. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *sigh* The avatar thing was over with my response to your PM.

tantrum.jpg

The title of the thread is a quote from the video. Perhaps you could edit it for me. Whether or not Trump is the legal President, it's certain that Biden is the illegal one, but that's an argument for a different thread. Things are heating up in Maricopa County, and the Dems are scared.

17. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you believe in the honest side (if he has one) of his heart Mr. Trump believes, Mr. Biden is president?

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    More gaslighting, but I can't be gaslighted (Or is it gas-lit?) I do have gas quite frequently though. It's one of those things about diet and getting older.

You never levelled the unamerican slander until it was against a conservative Christian for trifles. And there can be few reasons for the copious "Dems-are-bad-but-the-Republicans-are-worse" posts. And I've listed them. This is my last word in this instance.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aw. Warm fuzzies.

20. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ??

I know. That is my point. We all know I edited or removed inappropriate anti-Trump posts (Robust Theologian was probably the biggest recent offender on that side).

But yes, we all know anti-Trump posts were removed (we all were here and we are not idiots).

As far as I know there are very few Democrats on the board and none on the staff. This is just from values they have expressed. If there are any then they have not allowed their views to affect their actions. But I do not think there are any on staff.

The problem is many Christian Republicans forget this is a Christian board (even the political section). They applaud when Staff edits inappropriate posts from Democrats but when they are guilty all of a sudden the workd us against them and everyone is a liberal Democrat. It is stupid, but true.

But Democrats here are much more Christian in their reaction. I guess because they are a minority (I only know of two ..and I am not sure about one of them). Republicans seem to try to justify their actions.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.