1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Meals on Wheels Seniors Respond to Trump: 'Cut Something Else'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I voted.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grace to you my brother!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Billx

Billx Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We all agree budget cuts must be made, no doubt about it. We need tax relief for the middle class and below. What I am hearing is pandering to the middle the middle class while suggested cuts are injurious to the most vulnerable of our people, the elderly and the youth. The cut proposed are from Medicaid primarily chips and raising Medicare premiums and cutting social coal security. Oh yes meals on wheels. To the children, the old and handicapped are the people to whom ministered and to which we ar called.

If we would cease from playing choose up like kids in a sandlot which creates division. quit taking sides and ask the Lord what are our ethical responsibilities to the least of these? Then how can we can best walk the walk.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Billx

Billx Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How this has become part n Parcel partisan politics where we are choosing up Trump and Hillary and a discussion party line when the topic is feeding the infirm a cross party consideration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Billx, there are some who simply cannot stay on a topic and are always bringing in side issues. Sad to say, but true.

There is no excuse for a rich country to reduce food for the hungry while raising by billions the budget that goes for killing people.

May God bless you and your work in keeping the church alive.

6. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I agree with this, especially at the excess we do it at. In the last 48 hours one of our bombs in Syria killed at least 30 innocent people. Sad to see. I understand that sometimes war can not be avoided but since 2001 we are in places we do not belong.