1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Mexican Judge to Sgt. Tahmooressi: You're out of here!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by righteousdude2, Nov 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

So the reason he lied is because someone told him to. That excuse wouldn't work with my kids and it doesn't work here.

The hotel wasn't nice enough? What if it was nice enough? Was he then going to drive his car with all his stuff across the border, or continue to leave 3 weapons and 600 rounds of ammo in an unattended vehicle?

All your proof is just multiple sources reporting what he has said. No corroborating evidence.

If this was a Mexican bringing weapons into the US, your story would be completely different. You look at this story through military colored glasses. I'd this guy wasn't ex-military, you wouldn't care.

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He ain't your kid. He ain't my kid. Though I don't know him, I would probably say he ain't saved. You wanna hold him to your standards, that's YOUR issue, not an indicator of wrong-doing.

Apparently, he originally planned to leave it on the U.S. side unattended. No one knew there were guns in it until he told the Mexican authorities.

You miss the most important part of what you said: more importantly than "no corroborating evidence" is "no supporting evidence of wrong-doing."

You've declared him guilty with NO evidence whatsoever. What does that say about YOU?

(sigh) You should really look up the definition of "conjecture."

See, here's something else you can't prove: If that were actually true, then you could point us to some of the threads here where I participated in and said exactly what you just said I would do.

We'll wait. Feel free to provide the links to the discussions.

You have a reading comprehension problem, Matt. Go back to my post just before your last response, and read about my missionary friend Jerry. Then come back and see if you think your statement is still valid.

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I can agree with that statement. But he realized his mistake in listening to him, fired him, and came clean, right?
    He would have stayed there, presumably, leaving his stuff in the car. As Don said, he was living out of his vehicle. He would have left them in there regardless of where he stayed the night.

The same as your suppositions of his character. You don't know what he was thinking.

Not mine. Detain and deport with seizure. Which should have happened to him. And it shouldn't have taken that long. 48 hours max in my opinion, unless it happened on a weekend.

Where's your corroborating evidence for this declaration?

Sounds to me to be a simple matter. He was going to stay in the hotel, and decided not to. When driving away from the border, he made a wrong turn into the border. He was then searched and the weapons found, even though he just wanted to turn around. Occam's razor.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If lying was a good reason to keep someone in jail, I know some politicians who would have life sentences, starting with the liar-in-chief.

Mexicans don't need to bring guns into this country. They come into this country to get them from the the Obama injustice department to take back to Mexico.

Mexican authorities turn a blind eye to those. The Marine's real crime was not having enough money to bribe his arresting officers and their bosses.

You're right, he ought to get a life sentence. :rolleyes:

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You can comment - but your opinion carries very little weight - if you have not walk in the boots of a GI.
    I reckon that E-5 was utilizing E&E

6. matt wade

You continue to illustrate my point when you make this into a military issue when this is an issue about someone breaking the law not a military issue.

7. matt wade

Oh and Salty..please answer the question:

Do you believe the people that have served in the military should get special treatment when they break the law?

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I reckon this E-5 made a poor decision and would have been lit up and busted by his platoon daddy had he done this in my unit. Coming from a guy who has walked in the boots of a GI. Soldiers are briefed on what is acceptable in the area when they report in. What to do, what not to do. This incident has created all of this commotion for an easily avoidable arrest. The situation could have been resolved long ago had he not tried an escape attempt or attempted suicide. These crossing events are actually common and usually don't take that long to resolve. Sgt. Tahmooressi decided to make his life harder by not cooperating and crossing the border with an AR-15 (basically equal to an M-4 carbine) which is a military firearm. Mexico takes a strong stance on military grade weapons for obvious reasons. I'm glad the young man is home though as he obviously has some personal demons to sort through.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It was proven to be a fact by Greta of FOX News, that the lane he was in, made it impossible to turn around and leave once he discovered his error. She may not have walked in his boots, but she drove on the same freeway entrance to Mexico, just a lane that opened to allow her to turn around before entering Mexico.

None of you who are claiming this man did this intentionally will never know what happened, so the next-best possible way to prove this man made the mistake he says he made, is somewhat proved by Greta and we have to believe her attempt to drive in his tires proves he made an honest mistake.

Years ago, after visiting Tijuana with another couple and my wife, I too made the same mistake, and the turn out was impossible to get to safely, as there were six lanes, I would have had to cross over, disrupting a lot of traffic in the other lanes, and causing a possible accident and endangering everyone in my car as well as the one that may hit me. So, I simply rolled down my window, explained to the Mexican border agent my error, and he stopped traffic in the other lanes that allowed me to circle around, where I made an exit back to the USA.

The Mexican border agent told me not to feel bad, as this was a very common mistake, that no one had tried to fix. This was 20-plus years ago!

I tend to believe the guy, because I once made the same mistake!

So unless you folks have more than bombastic conjecture and presumptuous speculations your arrogant blame games need to be given a long deserved rest!

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You continue to present an obsession with your need to play the part of an on-line a psychologist. The man may have some PTSD issues to deal with, but that is not yours or mine to diagnose. I fail to see where you are qualified to make those judgements yet you are doing it to a lot of us on the board (including your views that I am overly obsessed :sleeping_2:). Give the psychoanalyzing a break UoT, and find a better use for your time? :smilewinkgrin:

11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psychoanalyze? What are you talking about, he actually does have PTSD. Are you even following this story or just posting blindly. His PTSD is well documented and was actually the motivator that got him released so he could get treatment. He tried to commit suicide in prison for crying out loud. I expressed a sentiment that I hope he can be treated for it and you want to attack me over that? Get a grip.

Here, I'll even use FoxNews so you'll believe it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/0...ssi-hopes-to-decompress-while-receiving-ptsd/

#31 Use of Time, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    PTSD does not equal "demons!" Your comparison to an emotional problem being personal demons, is old school religion that blames mental illness on demonic intervention, and the two do not have anything to do with each other. Mental disorders are medical, and not spiritual in nature. A lot of well meaning folks do not believe mental illness is medical, and I simply wanted to point that out to you. Besides, his mental condition is between him and his doctor, and a lot of folks, including the media, would not be privileged to this guys medical records, so any reference to PTSD is purely speculative on your behalf as much as the medias.

Plus, your use of words to describe this man's problems are also not demonic, but if he does have a problem, it is directly related to the realities of being in a war and facing death daily, as well as seeing it all around him. Most soldiers will have some degree of reality setting in eventually. War is brutal, and the tactics of the enemy are barbaric to say the least; which is why they call it terrorism.

Didn't mean to be all ugly and judgmental, I just needed to say none of us know any more about his condition other than what the news reports, and we all know they are sensationalist looking for ratings :smilewinkgrin:

So I apologize for coming down on you. Peace :flower:

13. matt wade

Maybe you should ask Tahmooressi's lawyer to stop saying he has PTSD then?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/2...ew-tahmooressi-to-determine-whether-has-ptsd/

Obviously it is not speculative. Maybe you should try getting your facts straight?

14. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sigh, you know that when I'm saying he is battling personal demons that it is a figure of speech right? It means he has some issues that he dealing with. I'm not actually bringing satan into this in any literal sense. His defense and subsequent release centered around the FACT that he has PTSD and made a suicide attempt in Mexico. Nobody is speculating, we are going off of facts here that even Sgt. Tahmooressi's family is well aware of and corroborated.

Furthermore, I don't need a lecture from you about the horrors of war and what it does to the human psyche. I know first hand the damage that things like PTSD can do. Simply acknowledging that this guy has issues, (which is documented and acknowledged by his family, his lawyers, the politicians lobbying for his release and finally the Mexican judicial system) and wishing for him to get the treatment he needs is in no way shape or form a disparaging remark to Sgt. Tahmooressi.

#34 Use of Time, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  15. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I ought to make it my new sig:
    Some people see the world the way they want to see it, not the way it really is.

16. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Marine was lawfully carrying his weapons in the US. He accidentally made a wrong turn and ended up at the gate in Mexico. He declared that he was there by accident and had weapons. He was then railroaded by Mexican Military authorities and an illegal search warrant was obtained in order to do that.

He should have never been arrested but given opportunity to turn around and go back to the American side of the border. He was nothing but a victim of a corrupt Mexican military. Anything else is just a lie or speculation.

Should he have been given special consideration because he is a vet? Anyone who has put their life on the line for our country should be given special consideration in a great many situations. If you do not like that too bad. I am sure Putin would love to have you.

#36 Revmitchell, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2014
  17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matt Wade: Do you think that he should have remained in that Mexican prison?

18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MW marches to his own beat, in his self-organized parade, with a small but faithful following that cower to his well thought out views on life ... so I am sure you'll get no argument from him about the Sgt. He would vote to leave the marine in the Tijuana Jail, and throw away the key. It would take MW being plucked from his cushy life of ease and bully those he doesn't have to look square in the face and stuck in the middle of a war for him to understand the mindset of a hero.

19. matt wade

I think that he should be treated the same as anyone else in the same situation. I think that he shouldn't receive special treatment simply because he is ex-military. I also think that when you start lying about things you are up to no good.

20. matt wade

I thought I was on ignore? Curiosity get the better of you?

Sorry to tell you, but I have no following here on BB. You are looking for boogeymen where they don't exist.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.